Jul 15, 2019, 11:57 PM
Suncoaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
Did you actually measure the 3.3V? I remember mislabeled modules...
Yes I verified it with my multimeter.

After going over all the solder joints with a magnifying glass and a soldering iron, it is still not working so I have ordered a new FTDI device and will try again after it arrives.
Last edited by DavidWalker; Jul 17, 2019 at 02:14 AM. Reason: more information.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2019, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWalker
Yes I verified it with my multimeter.

After going over all the solder joints with a magnifying glass and a soldering iron, it is still not working so I have ordered a new FTDI device and will try again after it arrives.
I'm wondering if that will help you.

You were saying that the module's LEDs are both on or blinking when you have the BOOT0 jumper in place. If that's the case, a different FTDI adapter won't help. Blinking LEDs indicate that the multimodule code is running, but when the module is in BOOT0 you should not have any code running (or LEDs blinking).

Were you able to get the module to start in BOOT0 mode, with no LEDs blinking? New FTDI adapter or not, you'll need to be able to do that.
Jul 17, 2019, 10:01 AM
Suncoaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo99
I'm wondering if that will help you.

You were saying that the module's LEDs are both on or blinking when you have the BOOT0 jumper in place. If that's the case, a different FTDI adapter won't help. Blinking LEDs indicate that the multimodule code is running, but when the module is in BOOT0 you should not have any code running (or LEDs blinking).

Were you able to get the module to start in BOOT0 mode, with no LEDs blinking? New FTDI adapter or not, you'll need to be able to do that.
The LEDs were blinking when I powered the module from the FTDI adapter with the jumper in place, otherwise they did not blink. Using Linux Mint 19.1 and with the jumper in the two different positions specified in the documentation, and with the module installed and powered by the Tx there were no LEDs blinking, but this is where I get the unable to init module error message. Maybe the new FTDI will not help but I am just trying to eliminate all possibilities.

Just a thought, when I turn the Tx on does it matter what model is selected, i.e. one that uses the multi module or one that does not??
Last edited by DavidWalker; Jul 17, 2019 at 10:11 AM.
Jul 17, 2019, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWalker
The LEDs were blinking when I powered the module from the FTDI adapter with the jumper in place, otherwise they did not blink. Using Linux Mint 19.1 and with the jumper in the two different positions specified in the documentation, and with the module installed and powered by the Tx there were no LEDs blinking, but this is where I get the unable to init module error message.

Just a thought, when I turn the Tx on does it matter what model is selected, i.e. one that uses the multi module or one that does not??
yes it must be one that uses the multi in my experience,
Jul 17, 2019, 10:12 AM
Suncoaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill Switch
yes it must be one that uses the multi in my experience,
That is what I thought myself and that is what I have done.
Jul 17, 2019, 11:38 AM

Updated Firmware not found on transmitter

Warning I am new to all RC but, not new to programming as a hobby.

Hardware:
FrSky X-lite
Vantac MPM Lite

I updated the X-lite with the newest open tx software as of July 11th. The problem I am having is that after I flashed the firmware to the MPM and looked on the transmitter to bind to my spectrum and FlySky receivers FlySky isn't showing up at all and the Spectrum protocol is not bunding to any of my receivers... I attempted to follow the instructions as closely as possible and I got the results it claimed I was supposed to have but, it seems I should have gotten the range-x?? Basically, why is it not binding / not even showing up?
Jul 17, 2019, 12:17 PM

MPM LITE Multi not found in external RF

I have the FrSky X-Lite with the Vantac MPM lite I have updated the firmware on the X-Lite to the newest open TX and I have updated the firmware on the MPM Lite 3 times. When I go to the secondary RF I do not have the ability to select multi as it is not shown. What did I do wrong / how can I fix this.

PS this is the 4th time writing this because it was not letting me post to this thread... that is why I am so brief about this issue...
Jul 17, 2019, 02:23 PM
Happy FPV flyer
You must enable multimodule in the firmware options in companion before downloading and flashing opentx firmware.
Jul 18, 2019, 01:27 AM
Hello) Protocol KN - sub protocol Feilun how to bind?
Jul 18, 2019, 01:56 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom1989
Hello) Protocol KN - sub protocol Feilun how to bind?
Do not enable autobind and just launch a bind when the RX is blinking.
The RX does remember with who it has been bound so it has to be done only once.
Pascal
Jul 18, 2019, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
New protocol GD00X available in Multi v1.2.1.15.

Models: GD005 C-17 Transport and GD006 DA62

Protocol number: 47
No sub protocol.

Only 1 TX ID avaialble for now. 2 more to come soon.

CH1 AILERON
CH3 THROTTLE
CH5 TRIM
CH6 LED

Pascal
I have a Frsky X-lite with iRX4 module firmware V1.2.0.22 which works fine using several protocols ( Frsky D8, Hubsan etc) but fails when I select protocol GD00X and either sub protocol V1 or V2. The status line says protocol invalid and the the lights on the module (green on and red flashing slowly) . The module instructions say this means "no serial input". Am I doing anything wrong? I have a bunch of the excellent C-17 receivers which I use for indoor fliers but the original AK transmitter is not good.
Jul 18, 2019, 03:02 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernz2
I have a Frsky X-lite with iRX4 module firmware V1.2.0.22 which works fine using several protocols ( Frsky D8, Hubsan etc) but fails when I select protocol GD00X and either sub protocol V1 or V2. The status line says protocol invalid and the the lights on the module (green on and red flashing slowly) . The module instructions say this means "no serial input". Am I doing anything wrong? I have a bunch of the excellent C-17 receivers which I use for indoor fliers but the original AK transmitter is not good.
You must update your module to the lastest version since yours is pretty old (v1.2.0.22 against v1.2.1.67): https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...iling_STM32.md
Pascal
PS: Have you home built some planes to go with the C17 receivers?
Last edited by hpnuts; Jul 18, 2019 at 03:10 AM.
Jul 18, 2019, 09:19 AM
Quote:
You must update your module to the lastest version since yours is pretty old (v1.2.0.22 against v1.2.1.67): https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...iling_STM32.md
Pascal
PS: Have you home built some planes to go with the C17 receivers?
Thanks for the guidance here and your heroic efforts on the MPM project. I updated the firmware and now the C-17 receiver works fine. I have bunch of toy grade twin pusher models from XK, Bearfly, Silverit and others converted to use this 6 USD receiver and 10 USD controller. This system gives fully proportional yaw control, gyro stabilisation and rates which is amazing at the price. I can now fly them on my natural mode (1) using my Frsky X-lite and MPM.
Jul 18, 2019, 10:02 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernz2
Thanks for the guidance here and your heroic efforts on the MPM project. I updated the firmware and now the C-17 receiver works fine. I have bunch of toy grade twin pusher models from XK, Bearfly, Silverit and others converted to use this 6 USD receiver and 10 USD controller. This system gives fully proportional yaw control, gyro stabilisation and rates which is amazing at the price. I can now fly them on my natural mode (1) using my Frsky X-lite and MPM.
If you have bearfly, silverit and others spare TX+RX which are not yet supported by MPM, it would be great to send them over so I can add their protocols.
Pascal
Jul 18, 2019, 03:59 PM
Quote:
If you have bearfly, silverit and others spare TX+RX which are not yet supported by MPM, it would be great to send them over so I can add their protocols.
Pascal
Sadly I have thrown out the old stuff but if I come across any more (which is very likely) I will happily send them to you. The Flybear and XK models are very good fliers and sold in huge volumes so it would be good to get them supported.

A separate question. I have XK A100 3 channel SU 27 twin pusher which flies nicely on its own Tx. Is this supported by the MPM?

Quick Reply