May 21, 2019, 10:07 AM
I Void Warranties
I confirm the E012 / E015 protocols are working fine with *some* versions of Deviation only, I couldn't get them to work with MPM, and it's broken as well in current Deviation builds. Both are emulating a HS6200 with the NRF24L01, I'll try to understand what's wrong someday ...
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2019, 10:27 AM
GottaZoom, thanks for the detailed reply. I am currently using OpenTx 2.1.9 on my Taranis so I do not have the Multiprotocol option. For the time being I aim to use the rotary selector switch on the back of the module to select the protocol e.g. DSM2 and still use the internal XJT module for my FrSky equipped models. I will update to OpenTx 2.2.# towards the end of the year when I have less opportunities to fly as I have some models that are using an APM flight controller and an FrSky X8R receiver and upgrading OpenTx will mean that I will have to sort out the voice files, the Mavlink telemetry as I believe that this has changed in 2.2.#, and modify the Lua scripts that show the Mavlkink data on the Taranis' screen.
May 21, 2019, 10:51 AM
Pascal
I'm pretty sure OpenTX 2.1.9 supports Multi on its GUI.
May 21, 2019, 10:53 AM
I Void Warranties
Only if you've ticked the "Multi" option when flashing the Taranis from OpenTX Companion.
May 21, 2019, 10:58 AM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Flyer
...For the time being I aim to use the rotary selector switch on the back of the module to select the protocol e.g. DSM2 and still use the internal XJT module for my FrSky equipped models.....
Ah, sorry - I have no experience with using my JP4in1 via PPM. ...
May 21, 2019, 10:59 AM
Pascal
Ok... But he could do that without affecting any of his models settings since it's the same firmware version...
May 21, 2019, 11:14 AM
I thought that the "multi" option came in with OpenTx 2.2 but I could be wrong. I will look at the version list to find out. If I can use it via the software with 2.1.9 then I will be very happy as I have just ordered a JP4IN1 module.

Edit: I have just checked and it does look like I will be able to flash my Taranis with the multi option enabled in 2.1.9. I will just have to refresh myself on how I flashed the TX last time.
Last edited by Bearded Flyer; May 21, 2019 at 11:20 AM. Reason: New info
May 21, 2019, 01:11 PM
Froggy RC Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Flyer
I thought that the "multi" option came in with OpenTx 2.2 but I could be wrong. I will look at the version list to find out. If I can use it via the software with 2.1.9 then I will be very happy as I have just ordered a JP4IN1 module.
The multi option has been added on the branch 2.2.x
So, no multi option for OTX 2.1.9
May 21, 2019, 01:29 PM
I read on Github that multiprotocol was supported from 2.1.8 onwards.
Look here https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-.../Tx-Taranis.md under "Enabling serial mode" item 2.

Or have I read I wrong?
May 21, 2019, 01:46 PM
Pascal
Arne was building and posting them on a page at that time if I remember correctly.
Pascal
May 21, 2019, 03:59 PM
Froggy RC Pilot
Exactly. Unless you are able to compile the firmware yourself, the multi option is officially supported starting at the version 2.2.0
By officially, I'm meant from Companion.

Envoyé de mon CMR-W09 en utilisant Tapatalk
May 21, 2019, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
Last person to talk about it on my review/blog had the usb driver working on that module out of the box so you should be ok.

But why not get the irangx one working?
It's not that hard if you follow the GitHub instructions for multiprotocol carefully.
It looks like it may be a bit over my head using the programmer plus I'm having a hard time figuring out where to source the parts & what ones I need shipped from the US. Yes I'm getting old as the wife says. Not sure yet I'm going to do yet.
May 21, 2019, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaZoom
First, test it according Pascal's instruction he and I just reposted in the last few pages where you can see if it already has the bootloader on it. Basically, if it is a Plus with USB you plug it into PC and see if it is recognized as a COM device. If not, then it needs the tool.

Other than that, Plus 1 to the 2nd part quoted above.

The iRange will probably need a tool and some header pins to solder on. 1 time thing. After that, if it is a plus withUSB it should work for future updates via USB. If it's not a Plus, there is a way AFTER that first update to flash from the SD card via a ERSky bootloader that also works with OTX (which is another setup item but it is also in Pascal's github instructions).

If you get the JP4in1, here are my "cheat sheet" notes from my blog on the T12. Recent poster in the T16 thread said they worked for him.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6&postcount=14
Thanks. No I have the orig. one . Still deciding on what direction to go
May 22, 2019, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
Can we concentrate on the multi protocol module?

I'm still waiting for the volantex and WFly testers, anyone?

Pascal
Hi Pascal , sorry I have been traveling. I will try get some testing done next week.
just for clarification, I don't have the USB version (its one of the first IrangeX models.)
I flash via TX now, but for this exercise (debug serial) I will need to have the programmer connected ( assuming it works with a cP2012 programmer).
May 22, 2019, 01:11 PM
Jet Foamy addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
Can we concentrate on the multi protocol module?

I'm still waiting for the volantex and WFly testers, anyone?

Pascal
Pascval, i will upgrade my module tonight and try to bind with my Wfly RF209S

Per

Quick Reply