May 19, 2019, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66
Apparently FrSky do intend to support D16 via the internal module and D8 via their own external module.

From Andrea Luang of FrSky:

“You actually do not need a multi-protocol module if you have the FrSky original receivers at hand. The new ACCESS radios will support binding D16 mode receivers with its internal module (ETA in May), and upcoming XJT Lite external module will support binding D8 mode receivers (ETA in June ).”

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1925
But I still want module bay free for external module , if I have to add frsky xjt module to support d8 I won't have the slot free bayang protocol or r9 etc etc without having to swap modules all the time...

Sorry but frsky are short changing us here with this imho, but I guess I have the same choice as everyone to simply look into other options ...

And from the posts I'm seeing on FB etc the opinion is that jumper will simply end up with frsky customers that aren't happy with this lack of backwards support from the internal module. Exoensive New frsky tx PLUS new xjt module vs one purchase which has the multimodule built in and covers loads of models and maybe even have module bay free will seem a no-brainer for the majority of buyers.
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2019, 12:18 PM
I have at least 3 RX from Frsky.
Upgrade to ACCESS protocol is not a good new right now because i think they will overwrite the bootloader to prevent downgrade to D16 or D8 version and we can't not use it with multiprotocl module( Actually i have X9D+ but i don't use internal module often like multiprotcol module).
So how about if they will upgrade their receiver before the sell it
Last edited by kimman1; May 19, 2019 at 12:28 PM.
May 19, 2019, 12:57 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
OH my ... not another Frsky or not thread .....
May 19, 2019, 12:59 PM
Pascal
Can we concentrate on the multi protocol module?

I'm still waiting for the volantex and WFly testers, anyone?

Pascal
May 19, 2019, 01:33 PM
Yes sorry let's keep this forum on track.
Plenty of other places to gripe about frsky and their policies lol.
May 19, 2019, 01:43 PM
D8 receivers are like Windows XP. Many still love them but everything gets phased out one day. They've been already "legacy" for a while, with problems for EU users. If I owned many of these, being able to keep them supported through a multi module from now on, is not that bad IMO. Or I'd just stop upgrading the transmitter until I ran out of D8 RX, putting D16 firmware into newly purchased RXs as needed for a gradual transition.
May 19, 2019, 05:00 PM

Bugs 3H Telemetry Issues (Bugs Mini protocol)

Hi. I've been experiencing issues with stability of the telemetry on my Bugs 3H. It would frequently lose/regain telemetry for no apparent reason resulting in the TX saying "telemetry lost, telemetry recovered" over and over again. I tried changing the RX_Num values and also forcing a global ID but nothing improved. So I took another look at the BUGSMINI_nrf24l01 file and I think I've spotted a small mistake. There is an if clause which includes the variable setting of telemetry_link=1; but I think this is in the wrong place. I changed it to be as below (lines 260 - 267) :

Code:
		}
		//telemetry_link=1;
	}

telemetry_link=1;

#endif
}
From my initial testing this seems to fix it for me, telemetry is stable.
May 19, 2019, 07:08 PM
Does anybody tested the code without using a PPM input signal? Im using an Arduino and a NRF24L01 module for the HiSky protocol only, and I want to read 3 potentiometers and assign those values to channels 1-2-3. I dont want to add another microcontroller just for reading the analog values, and generating a PPM signal to send it to the multiprotocol. Is this possible?
May 19, 2019, 09:42 PM
I'm thinking about getting a jumper module instead of trying to update my Irange x. Can anybody confirm that the newest ones that usb is working out of the box without using a programmer?
From what I'm reading it looks like I can hook it up to my laptop, install the boot loader & then update. This is the one I'm looking at https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jumper-4-in...-/192712899438.
If it matters I'm using a 9xrpro with ersky9x fw.
May 19, 2019, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlazy
I'm thinking about getting a jumper module instead of trying to update my Irange x. Can anybody confirm that the newest ones that usb is working out of the box without using a programmer?
From what I'm reading it looks like I can hook it up to my laptop, install the boot loader & then update. This is the one I'm looking at https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jumper-4-in...-/192712899438.
If it matters I'm using a 9xrpro with ersky9x fw.
Last person to talk about it on my review/blog had the usb driver working on that module out of the box so you should be ok.

But why not get the irangx one working?
It's not that hard if you follow the GitHub instructions for multiprotocol carefully.
May 19, 2019, 11:38 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
....But why not get the irangx one working?
It's not that hard if you follow the GitHub instructions for multiprotocol carefully.
First, test it according Pascal's instruction he and I just reposted in the last few pages where you can see if it already has the bootloader on it. Basically, if it is a Plus with USB you plug it into PC and see if it is recognized as a COM device. If not, then it needs the tool.

Other than that, Plus 1 to the 2nd part quoted above.

The iRange will probably need a tool and some header pins to solder on. 1 time thing. After that, if it is a plus withUSB it should work for future updates via USB. If it's not a Plus, there is a way AFTER that first update to flash from the SD card via a ERSky bootloader that also works with OTX (which is another setup item but it is also in Pascal's github instructions).

If you get the JP4in1, here are my "cheat sheet" notes from my blog on the T12. Recent poster in the T16 thread said they worked for him.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6&postcount=14
May 19, 2019, 11:58 PM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraw
Hi. I've been experiencing issues with stability of the telemetry on my Bugs 3H. It would frequently lose/regain telemetry for no apparent reason resulting in the TX saying "telemetry lost, telemetry recovered" over and over again. I tried changing the RX_Num values and also forcing a global ID but nothing improved. So I took another look at the BUGSMINI_nrf24l01 file and I think I've spotted a small mistake. There is an if clause which includes the variable setting of telemetry_link=1; but I think this is in the wrong place. I changed it to be as below (lines 260 - 267) :

Code:
		}
		//telemetry_link=1;
	}

telemetry_link=1;

#endif
}
From my initial testing this seems to fix it for me, telemetry is stable.
The change you've done is: whatever the module is receiving from the 3H good or bad (wrong checksum) packets, let's send telemetry to the radio using new (good packet) or old (bad packet) data.
Which I assume is somewhat ok since this protocol is using the xn297 emulation layer and you may have a jumper module. But we should add something that at least one good packet should be received before sending anything to the radio otherwise invalid values will be sent...
Pascal
May 20, 2019, 12:03 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by patolin
Does anybody tested the code without using a PPM input signal? Im using an Arduino and a NRF24L01 module for the HiSky protocol only, and I want to read 3 potentiometers and assign those values to channels 1-2-3. I dont want to add another microcontroller just for reading the analog values, and generating a PPM signal to send it to the multiprotocol. Is this possible?
It's easy to do but requires to change the Update_All function in multiprotocol.ino to read the 3 pots, update the channels value accordingly and set the flag that something is being received.
Pascal
May 21, 2019, 04:17 AM
I have a Taranis X9D which I want to fir a MFM into. From a point of view of range (mainly DSM2) , useability, ease of update (I do have some FTDI programmers and Arduino experience) and build quality which of the Jumper JP4IN1 and the iRangex IRX4 Plus is the better module? Would I need to flash the current Github MFM firmware onto either when I get it to be up to date?
May 21, 2019, 09:59 AM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Flyer
I have a Taranis X9D which I want to fir a MFM into. From a point of view of range (mainly DSM2) , useability, ease of update (I do have some FTDI programmers and Arduino experience) and build quality which of the Jumper JP4IN1 and the iRangex IRX4 Plus is the better module? Would I need to flash the current Github MFM firmware onto either when I get it to be up to date?
My opinion ... both have had QC issues in the past so I don't see either as more proven. The Jumper will not need the FTDI, just a mini-USB cord.

I changed both of my Banggood modules for config settings for my X7, so it largely depends on what gets shipped to you. They used to offer versions by radio, so if you got the wrong one it needed setting changes.

From memory, I'm not sure if the newest source default is set best for OTX on info between module and TX, or not. Seems like I changed it when updating my JP4in1 but since I now use myconfig settings for each radio I don't remember for sure.

Key issue with OTX is to use the MULT setting before choosing a protocol. Another issue with OTX is the menus are tied to which version you are on, but you can use the Custom option for any protocol on the module. ERSky uses a file that you can update.

Whether you need to update for DSM likely depends on whether you may want the code changes from 6 months ago that helps with TC on the Switch and X-Vert and maybe others AND whether you get old or new stock when you buy. My JP4in1 worked fine for my few DSM models and I've heard they are shipping some units with even newer firmware. Still have a bunch of old DSM receivers that I haven't tried with it, but they are simpler versions where I've not heard of anybody having problems.

My Frsky S6R RXs have been the most quirky so I use the X7 and I don't think the E012 emulation ever worked right for me so I gave those quads away.

Quick Reply