May 17, 2019, 01:32 PM
Pascal

Multi V1.2.1.50 : XN297 Dump

New Multi version 1.2.1.50:
  • Modified XN297Dump protocol to:
    • Automatically find addresses with different length (3..5)
    • Automatically find the packet length
    • Automatically detect scramble and unscramble modes
XN297Dump tested with an address length of 5 and scramble enabled.

Basically to do a dump over the air you just need to:
  • Select the protocol 63
  • Set the sub_protocol to 0=250Kb, 1=1Mb or 2=2Mb to find the transmission speed
  • Set option=-1 to scan all channels, option=0..84 to scan the specific channel 0..84

Pascal
Last edited by hpnuts; May 17, 2019 at 01:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2019, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho
Module Bootloader : It's not on the module! I can indeed do the soldering, ftdi, etc now that I know there is no Q&D way to do it. I will follow those instructions and I should be good.
It's been over a year since I got my IRangeX 4 in 1 (yellow know). At this time I can't remember if I flashed it before using in a 9 XTreme with Ersky9x. Or used it right outta the box.

Now I want to use the same module in the Taranis Plus running OpenTX.

Before I go to the trouble of soldering up the FTDI, etc....... Do I REALLY have to flash the module with Pascal's firmware?

The radio (as it currently is) binds with an XVert (Horizon Hobby) and "sorta" flies. But does funny things. Random loss of all control sometimes, etc.
May 17, 2019, 05:23 PM
Pascal
If there is no bootloader it means that you've never programmed it and most likley the firmware is really old...
May 17, 2019, 06:20 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
There were also changes made ~6 months ago for X-Vert throttle cut.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13060

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=13111
Last edited by GottaZoom; May 17, 2019 at 06:30 PM.
May 18, 2019, 11:56 AM
Pascal
I've updated opentx and jumpertx to support the latest protocols.
I've included a build for the T16 in my pull request on jumpertx. For opentx, it should be available in the next nighty build.
As usual erskyTX(9x) just need the file multi.txt to be at the root of the SD to access the latest protocols.
Pascal
May 18, 2019, 11:59 AM
Pascal
I'm looking for WFly testers (old version), it's here if interested: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...ule/issues/219
Pascal
May 18, 2019, 12:38 PM
Pascal
What about the volantex protocol? You asked for it and now available but no feedback... Same for dumping additional IDs...
Pascal
May 18, 2019, 09:48 PM
Awesome User
Just wanted to stop by and say your work on the module is awesome, been using it for a while now to fly my Spektrum models & stuff from my X-Lite radio. Works really well

Would love to eventually see FrSky ACCESS implemented but I mean FrSky doesn't even have it out for the X-Lite yet. Not sure how I feel about the encryption on ACCESS, but I don't really know what other radio to use :/
May 19, 2019, 04:56 AM
I Void Warranties
I wouldn't expect ACCESS to be reverse engineered anytime soon, but why would you need ACCESS anyway ?
May 19, 2019, 05:50 AM
newb
Quote:
Originally Posted by goebish
I wouldn't expect ACCESS to be reverse engineered anytime soon, but why would you need ACCESS anyway ?
I could see Frsky shipping future products only with ACCESS. They may even try selling current model "updated" to ACCESS.
May 19, 2019, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_D
I could see Frsky shipping future products only with ACCESS. They may even try selling current model "updated" to ACCESS.
Would be a terrible move by frsky if they did that, most people would simply buy the jumper instead which is exactly why frsky are doing this , to stop jumper stuff from working with frsky and stealing sales...

The part I like about the access protocol is the bind is at last more versatile and able to bind to multiple txs so I could use my x9d and my x-lite depending on which one I fancy taking with me, other things aren't too important to me but there is some useful stuff there.

But being encrypted it's not gonna be an easy one to reverse engineer I imagine..
May 19, 2019, 06:20 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Still makes no sense, since he's using an X-Lite he would use the internal module to link to ACCESS receivers, no need for the multi to do it.
May 19, 2019, 06:26 AM
I Void Warranties
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_D
that would be a very bad move, I love my genuine FrSky receivers, but if they stop providing D16 receivers I'll just buy another "compatible" brand, it's not like if anyone couldn't make D16 receivers, source code is available:
https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...2500_frsky_x.c
May 19, 2019, 06:30 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Future receiver models might be ACCESS only, but it's not like there isn't a good D16 selection existing already.
May 19, 2019, 06:43 AM
I'd postpone upgrading to ACCESS products and firmwares until something really interesting happens, like the proto becoming open or reversed, backward compatibility with ACCST appears as an option for the user...

If nothing interesting happens, I'll just move to Jumper and keep my current set of D16 and Flysky receivers. Never buy a BNF model if it's an ACCESS version.

Quick Reply