May 12, 2019, 03:49 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhetland
Hello, I recently purchased a QX7 and the iRangex IRX4+ to be able to continue using all of my FlySky receivers. (So i'm new to both the transmitter & the multi module).

I'm having trouble with CH5 & CH6 configuration.

I've read through all of the documentation, and followed it to the best of my knowledge.
I've flashed opentx to 2.2.3.
I've flashed the iRangex to 1.2.1.39. following your instructions.

I've got it connected and flying (Elevator was reversed for some reason)
I've read through the open tx manual on Input & Mixer configuration, and I've followed these steps https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...docs/Models.md for the Syma to get the Flip & Rate adjustment. (primarily interested in the rate adjustment and the ultra setting you mention).

I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. It appears to be in high rate mode all the time, so it would seem as though it is reading +100% all the time regardless of switch position.

I've searched through this thread for any mention of the Syma and configuring the rates and didn't see anything relevant that i could tell (though there are nearly 1,000 pages, so i very well could have missed something).

Any pointers would be appreciated, and thank you for a great product! its so nice to be able to switch over to a high quality transmitter and not have to wholesale replace all of my micros and receivers.
If you see on the channel monitor that CH5 and CH6 moves +100%<->-100% when you flick the switch then you are all good and the module receives the information.
While the rates is working on a Syma (I tested it recently on a friend's model), you only notice it if you go to full deflection of the stick where the model will take more or less angle.
For slowing your model down and make it less agressive, you should use the expo settings on the radio, something like 20/30% on aileron, elevator and rudder.
- Pascal
to remove ads between posts
May 12, 2019, 03:56 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by geileraupe
I found V1.2.1.46 .. the log is the text file . The Taranis found new sensors .. https://youtu.be/GcrEdok4NIo

Yes ...!?!

next weekend is in my area the MULTIPLEX Airshow 2019
This looks all good. Now the OpenTX team needs to add support for the sensor 41.
41 01 04 08 49 13 => Sensor ID: 41 -> presure sensor, Sensor #: 01, length in bytes 04, data: 08 86 49 13, temperature= ( ((0x13498608)>>19) -400)/10 = 21.7°C.
Example of a wrapper with the exact location in the code of where the altitude sensor is dealt with : https://github.com/qba667/FlySkyI6/b...urce/alt.c#L47
Do you know if an issue is already openned on their GitHub? If not can you open one? In both cases can you invite me by jus typing @ followed by my name?
- Pascal
Last edited by hpnuts; May 12, 2019 at 04:17 AM.
May 12, 2019, 04:02 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginoandres
I have a question I hope someone can answer! I flew my new UMX Radian today with the iRange IRX4 module successfully but kept getting "RF signal low/critical" from my Taranis X9D+ only half a baseball field away... no idea why, running DSMX/22ms. Any ideas?
Usually simple DSM receivers do not return any usefull telemetry information and more importantly they don't have any amplifiers on the telemetry sent back. So unless you purchase a DSM long range telemetry receiver, the best is just to disable telemetry or turn off the warnings...
Pascal
May 12, 2019, 07:02 PM
Hello ... Pascal
I found this
https://github.com/qba667/FlySkyI6/issues/52
May 12, 2019, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John949
Sorry for the newbie question, I've searched the thread but no luck. I have a Banggood IrangeX and a HoneyBee V2 but I can't get them to bind. Should it work? At the moment I'm using the pre-installed firmware in the IrangeX, doI need to update it?
Is that 2.4ghz? Mine was 72mhz.

Brad
May 14, 2019, 09:53 PM

Should this work?

Have Taranis Plus with current OpenTX on it.

Also have an original Turnigy with er9x.

And finally an IrangeX + 4 in 1 from Bangood; the one with the yellow rotary knob on the back.

Want to flash this file : Multi-STM_TXFLASH_INV_OPENTX-v1.2.1.39.bin onto in IrangeX +.

Without all kinds tinkering around with hardware mods, USB (FDDI) adapters, soldering, etc, etc, I thought that just maybe I could put the module into the Turnigy with er9x, boot into "maintenance" mode and trying flashing with the above mentioned file.

Then I'd switch the module back to my Taranis plus and have the correct firmware on the module that matches the Taranis and OpenTX.

The problem is when I try this I get and error on the Turnigy saying "flash failed". Is it not possible to do it this way? Maybe I picked the wrong file?

Thanks

Boowho??
Old May 14, 2019, 10:38 PM
jipsdO
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam).
May 14, 2019, 11:08 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho

And finally an IrangeX + 4 in 1 from Bangood; the one with the yellow rotary knob on the back.

Want to flash this file : Multi-STM_TXFLASH_INV_OPENTX-v1.2.1.39.bin onto in IrangeX +.

Without all kinds tinkering around with hardware mods, USB (FDDI) adapters, soldering, etc, etc, I thought that just maybe I could put the module into the Turnigy with er9x, boot into "maintenance" mode and trying flashing with the above mentioned file.

Then I'd switch the module back to my Taranis plus and have the correct firmware on the module that matches the Taranis and OpenTX.

The problem is when I try this I get and error on the Turnigy saying "flash failed". Is it not possible to do it this way? Maybe I picked the wrong file?

Thanks

Boowho??
Earlier post explaining how to tell if the module already has a bootloader for flash from TX on it (assuming your plus has the USB). If you read down a few more posts there is a bit more explanation of what you could find with your module.

Assume but don't know if the 9X works the same, so hopefully that will also be clarified.

There was also a post in the T16 thread about loading the module firmware using STM demo loader on a JP4in1 with USB.
May 15, 2019, 03:40 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho

Thanks

Boowho??
Something is not right here..
You say that you have an original 9x with Er9x?
I'don't think the 9x with the original mainboard can flash the multi modules
So, how can you say that you get a "flash failed" error on the radio if the radio with stock board can't even flash external hardware? Neither can Er9x.

The only way to do it with a 9x radio, is if it has an upgrade mainboard inside, and running ErskyTX (former Ersky9x)..

Joćo

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
May 15, 2019, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa
Something is not right here..
You say that you have an original 9x with Er9x?
I'don't think the 9x with the original mainboard can flash the multi modules
So, how can you say that you get a "flash failed" error on the radio if the radio with stock board can't even flash external hardware? Neither can Er9x.

The only way to do it with a 9x radio, is if it has an upgrade mainboard inside, and running ErskyTX (former Ersky9x)..

Joćo

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
So sorry, I screwed up again. It's a 9Xtreme with the replacement (3rd party board). but running ersky9x . Forgive me..... my memory is not as good as it once was; I'm 76 years old.

So maybe I need to make sure The 9XTreme has the latest ErskyTX firmware flashed?? I'll check that out.

Boowho??
Last edited by boowho; May 15, 2019 at 10:51 AM.
May 15, 2019, 10:57 AM
Pascal
No... You need to test first if your module has a bootloader.
Plug a USB cable on it:
- if your computer find a serial com port the bootloader is ok and you'll be able to upgrade using the computer at least
- if you get an error then there is no bootloader and you need to install it by following the doc (solder, ftdi...) <- I'm thinking this is what you'll get
Pascal
May 15, 2019, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
Plug a USB cable on it:
- if your computer find a serial com port the bootloader is ok and you'll be able to upgrade using the computer at least
- if you get an error then there is no bootloader and you need to install it by following the doc (solder, ftdi...) <- I'm thinking this is what you'll get
Pascal
Module Bootloader : It's not on the module! I can indeed do the soldering, ftdi, etc now that I know there is no Q&D way to do it. I will follow those instructions and I should be good.
May 16, 2019, 08:08 AM
newb
Are there certain receivers that work better with the MPM than others? I have several Frskys, but going forward I'd like to use something else.
May 16, 2019, 11:20 AM
Jet Foamy addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
Plug a USB cable on it:
Pascal
Pascal, thats the model i have and it do not have a boot-loader as we did determine before

Per
May 16, 2019, 01:10 PM
Thread Killer
What's the best way to figure out what RX chipset and/or protocol a given RTF aircraft utilizes? I'm not sure what to try to bind mine. I have a Volantex 761-2 Ranger 600 aircraft, which is a RTF with a 2.4 GHz transmitter. That's about all I know. The control board is an all in one glued into the plane. I didn't see this aircraft listed in the model database, or anything by this brand for that matter.

Quick Reply