Thread Tools
May 10, 2019, 11:18 AM
Pascal
hpnuts's Avatar
Temp= ( ((0x13498608)>>19) -400)/10 = 21.7C
So the altitude sensor data is defintively there and I can decode it manually.

I've published version 1.2.1.45 with changes which should enable OpenTX/ersky9x to "see" the extended telemetry and therefore decode it.
Can you do a last dump to see if everything is still working as I think it should?
I hope the radio firmware is not going to freak out since the extended telemetry format is different from normal telemetry...

Pascal
Last edited by hpnuts; May 10, 2019 at 12:39 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2019, 12:41 PM
Pascal
hpnuts's Avatar
Multi v1.2.1.45
Modified AFDS2A to exit from bind if stopped from GUI.
May 10, 2019, 12:57 PM
Jet Foamy addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
Multi v1.2.1.45
Modified AFDS2A to exit from bind if stopped from GUI.
I did just copy the git file set and flashed, my say .44 not .45 ???
May 10, 2019, 01:18 PM
Pascal
hpnuts's Avatar
Just checked on the github, I've pushed .45 something like 38 minutes ago: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...ultiprotocol.h
May 10, 2019, 02:00 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
Did I say that I created a new sub protocol? I don't think so... I've added a channel and flag to the existing protocol.
Pascal
Hi Pascal. Sorry, I confused things, I was referring to the sub-protocol added in V1.2.1.37 of the firmware. But it's all fine, just set things up using the custom protocol.
May 10, 2019, 02:04 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
Please test Multi v1.2.1.42
I've added altitude hold mode on CH11 for the BUGSMINI protocol.
You might have to play a little and see what you get. On your dumps, alti hold sets both ANGLE (CH6) and ALTHOLD (CH11) at the same time, angle resets both but try all 4 combinations, in fact 2 since I think you already tried to set/reset ANGLE(CH6) alone without any visible effect.
Please tell me what each case is doing, if nothing interresting I might set both directly in the code so you just have to switch ALTHOLD to go from one to the other...
Pascal
Ok, done a bit more testing and setting CH6 on its own does nothing, setting CH6 and CH11 together activates altitude hold mode but just setting CH11 on its own also activates altitude hold. So it seems that CH6 on the Bugs 3H is redundant. Not tried flying yet, been raining all day.
May 10, 2019, 02:06 PM
Pascal
hpnuts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraw
Ok, done a bit more testing and setting CH6 on its own does nothing, setting CH6 and CH11 together activates altitude hold mode but just setting CH11 on its own also activates altitude hold. So it seems that CH6 on the Bugs 3H is redundant. Not tried flying yet, been raining all day.
Good, so I'll just update the doc with CH11=ALTHOLD and close the book on the Bugs3H. Anything I'm missing?

-> Doc updated

Pascal
May 10, 2019, 02:37 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
Good, so I'll just update the doc with CH11=ALTHOLD and close the book on the Bugs3H. Anything I'm missing?

-> Doc updated

Pascal
That's great, thanks! Erm... I have just recently discovered one other strange behaviour. On the Bugs 3H if you pull both sticks down to the bottom right it performs a gyro calibration which works fine. When you do this it causes the radio to lose telemetry and then it recovers it almost straight away but then the telemetry reception is really temperamental to the point where the radio is constantly giving the alert "telemetry lost, telemetry recovered, telemetry lost, telemetry recovered, telemetry lost, telemetry recovered...". Of course I could perform a gyro calibration, disconnect from the radio and then reconnect but it would be nice to know why the gyro calibration causes the issue in the first place.
May 10, 2019, 02:50 PM
Pascal
hpnuts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraw
That's great, thanks! Erm... I have just recently discovered one other strange behaviour. On the Bugs 3H if you pull both sticks down to the bottom right it performs a gyro calibration which works fine. When you do this it causes the radio to lose telemetry and then it recovers it almost straight away but then the telemetry reception is really temperamental to the point where the radio is constantly giving the alert "telemetry lost, telemetry recovered, telemetry lost, telemetry recovered, telemetry lost, telemetry recovered...". Of course I could perform a gyro calibration, disconnect from the radio and then reconnect but it would be nice to know why the gyro calibration causes the issue in the first place.
No idea... The thing is that it might do the same with the original TX but it don't give you this warning.
Telemetry lost/recovered means that there are long periods where the module does not receive any telemetry information.
- Pascal
May 11, 2019, 01:02 PM
Registered User
Hi. I'm giving advice to a friend who owns a Turnigy 9X (AFHDS 2A version). His stock TX module has fried. He wants to replace it by a multiprotocol module, having seen one working in my Taranis with AFHDS 2A receivers.

Thinking about the iRangeX options, which one is right for the Turnigy 9X? The one with a rotary switch on the back for selecting protocols or the "serial only" version?
May 11, 2019, 04:21 PM
Registered User
Hello, I recently purchased a QX7 and the iRangex IRX4+ to be able to continue using all of my FlySky receivers. (So i'm new to both the transmitter & the multi module).

I'm having trouble with CH5 & CH6 configuration.

I've read through all of the documentation, and followed it to the best of my knowledge.
I've flashed opentx to 2.2.3.
I've flashed the iRangex to 1.2.1.39. following your instructions.

I've got it connected and flying (Elevator was reversed for some reason)
I've read through the open tx manual on Input & Mixer configuration, and I've followed these steps https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...docs/Models.md for the Syma to get the Flip & Rate adjustment. (primarily interested in the rate adjustment and the ultra setting you mention).

I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. It appears to be in high rate mode all the time, so it would seem as though it is reading +100% all the time regardless of switch position.

I've searched through this thread for any mention of the Syma and configuring the rates and didn't see anything relevant that i could tell (though there are nearly 1,000 pages, so i very well could have missed something).

Any pointers would be appreciated, and thank you for a great product! its so nice to be able to switch over to a high quality transmitter and not have to wholesale replace all of my micros and receivers.
May 11, 2019, 06:29 PM
Registered User
ginoandres's Avatar
I have a question I hope someone can answer! I flew my new UMX Radian today with the iRange IRX4 module successfully but kept getting "RF signal low/critical" from my Taranis X9D+ only half a baseball field away... no idea why, running DSMX/22ms. Any ideas?
May 11, 2019, 06:57 PM
Registered User
geileraupe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by backman8571
I did just copy the git file set and flashed, my say .44 not .45 ???
I found V1.2.1.46 .. the log is the text file . The Taranis found new sensors ..
Taranis new Sensor Afhds2A Vario MOV 0158 (1 min 12 sec)


Yes ...!?!

next weekend is in my area the MULTIPLEX Airshow 2019
Last edited by geileraupe; May 11, 2019 at 07:18 PM. Reason: picture
May 11, 2019, 07:54 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
GottaZoom's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginoandres
I have a question I hope someone can answer! I flew my new UMX Radian today with the iRange IRX4 module successfully but kept getting "RF signal low/critical" from my Taranis X9D+ only half a baseball field away... no idea why, running DSMX/22ms. Any ideas?
Radio settings in OTX are intended for full range Frsky receivers, not any other brand of receiver/telemetry . Generally we must either test and develop our own settings, or turn the warnings off in OTX.

Some of the small/UMX Horizon models do not appear to have full range telemetry, so there are no settings that will work for me with those models.

However, my Delta Ray works with much lower warning settings through testing that confirmed lower numbers work for the multi-function RX in that plane (includes FC and ESCs). I can go almost 1/2 mile out without tripping a critical warning - much further than I can see the model. AFAIK, that RX is not used in any other plane so it's telemetry is different from other small models and other Spek receivers.
May 12, 2019, 03:43 AM
Pascal
hpnuts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreL
Hi. I'm giving advice to a friend who owns a Turnigy 9X (AFHDS 2A version). His stock TX module has fried. He wants to replace it by a multiprotocol module, having seen one working in my Taranis with AFHDS 2A receivers.

Thinking about the iRangeX options, which one is right for the Turnigy 9X? The one with a rotary switch on the back for selecting protocols or the "serial only" version?
Can you install on a Turnigy 9X AFHDS2A er9x (like on the first version)? Serial won't work if it's not the case...
In any case take the iRangeX + since you have the USB port to upgrade which is far simpler.
- Pascal


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools