Apr 28, 2019, 02:06 PM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaZoom
I hope others visiting are donating to Pascal because he does a good job to develop and support.
Not really
Just in case: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...s/Donations.md
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2019, 02:06 PM
I Void Warranties
I also had some reports of WFLY receivers not working well with Deviation, perhaps only fine tuning is required (that's possible with the cyrf6936).
Apr 28, 2019, 02:08 PM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by goebish
I also had some reports of WFLY receivers not working well with Deviation, perhaps only fine tuning is required (that's possible with the cyrf6936).
Worth a try. I'll revalidate anyway that nothing is broken with this protocol.
Apr 28, 2019, 02:16 PM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by gian1312
If I want to bind a WFLY WFR07s I can put both, the module and the reciver in the binding mode. They seem to bind for a second. But after a while, the receiver indicates again that it is not bound.
One thing that came to mind. Have you set the right number of channels?
Pascal
Apr 28, 2019, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
All the processing of the telemetry is done through opentx. Nothing that I can do in multi. We could help the opentx/ersky9x team by dumping the telemetry packets and point out where the sensor data is and its format. Let me know if you are willing to help.
Pascal
Yes ... realy but i cant not write any programming code .. I have very little experience with that
Peter
Last edited by geileraupe; Apr 28, 2019 at 07:05 PM. Reason: words missing
Apr 28, 2019, 08:01 PM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by geileraupe
Yes ... realy but i cant not write any programming code .. I have very little experience with that
Peter
I'll make you a special build.
Pascal
Apr 29, 2019, 10:27 AM
I just got my X7 today and iRangeX IRX4 Plus comes in the mail tomorrow.

Tanaris X7 says:
Fw: opentx-x7
Vers: 2.2.2
Date: 2018-06-24

Does iRangeX IRX4 Plus work the new OpenTX 2.2.3?
Apr 29, 2019, 11:55 AM
Jet Foamy addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
As suggested try different RX_Num numbers or force your ID to something different using the "#define FORCE_GLOBAL_ID" option in _config.h.

I'll check my WFR07s and WFR04s when I'm back from vacation in a week.

Pascal
Pascal

I have the new T16 running a hybrid open TX 2.2.3

I am having issue's with binding the FS-IA10B and WFly RF209S

I cant get them to bind

For the FlySky what option should i use

For Wfly its only one option

Please help

Per
Apr 29, 2019, 12:11 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Suggest you post which version of the multiprotocol module firmware is on your JP4in1?

As posted in the other thread, you should try the FS2A protocol. [Note the protocol names in OTX menu are coded by OTX devs and not Pascal, was something like FS2A in 2.2.2 and not sure about 2.2.3] If you can't find it in the menu, you can use the protocol #28 under the Custom protocol option with whichever subprotocol # option you are trying to use.
Apr 29, 2019, 12:29 PM
Jet Foamy addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaZoom
Suggest you post which version of the multiprotocol module firmware is on your JP4in1?

As posted in the other thread, you should try the FS2A protocol. [Note the protocol names in OTX menu are coded by OTX devs and not Pascal, was something like FS2A in 2.2.2 and not sure about 2.2.3] If you can't find it in the menu, you can use the protocol #28 under the Custom protocol option with whichever subprotocol # option you are trying to use.
Yea i did just try that and it did bind, did not see that before, my WFly still cant bind to anything, its a futaba clone and i dont see anything but the SFHSS i assume thats Futaba, but it will not bind to that or the WFly

Per
Apr 29, 2019, 12:52 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by backman8571
Yea i did just try that and it did bind, did not see that before, my WFly still cant bind to anything, its a futaba clone and i dont see anything but the SFHSS i assume thats Futaba, but it will not bind to that or the WFly

Per
If you read back the last couple pages others are having problems with other Wfly receivers ...

You'll likely need to update your module firmware, so you might prepare for that. The other thing Pascal may need is a dump of the digital info from that particular RX or a working TX for it (unless he happens to own one). He's posted here a few times about an inexpensive tool (USB logic analyzer) for that, too.
Apr 29, 2019, 09:27 PM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by backman8571

Per
SFHSS can be anything... Futaba use their own chip for 2.4GHz.
Can you open the RX and see what RF chip is on it?
- Pascal
Apr 29, 2019, 09:29 PM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnonet

Tanaris X7 says:

Yes it will work. Make sure to upgrade the fw on the module before use: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...iling_STM32.md
Pascal
Apr 30, 2019, 08:32 AM
early retired & loving it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnonet

Tanaris X7 says:

It will work both with or without upgrading the module or the TX-OS.

That being said, by upgrading both you will be getting the latest improvements for both the OTX-OS firmware and the best and most TX to RX combinations for the 4in1 module.
Apr 30, 2019, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreL
The RSNR variable is being used as a substitute for RSSI with regard to triggering low and critical RF signal level alarms in OpenTX. No problem here, except that Companion does not allow you to set alarm thresholds below 20dB while the range for FlySky RSNR values can go lower than 20dB without losing link. I added an arbitrary offset of 20dB to RSNR in the Multi module code to work around this issue, but this is not an elegant solution. Perhaps Companion could be modified instead to allow lower alarm thresholds when protocol is MULTI. I have not checked if this limitation extends to the OpenTX system itself.
The low signal warning in OpenTX has been brought up several times here I think. You can set the warning and critical levels lower if you do it on the radio. I'd suggest asking the OpentTX Companion people to remove the restriction in their configurator rather than altering the output of the multiprotocol module. The way it is now, the values exactly match what you get on the screen on a FlySky transmitter. If they are changed to add an arbitrary value, or calculate some new value, this becomes opaque without digging into the source code. Is the value you see in opentx correct? No way to tell without knowing the formula! The way it is now it is very easy to confirm the data is the same and accurate.

A 20 RSNR warning value in opentx is a super-safe. 18 is ok. 15 is probably pushing it. I get drop outs below 10. I've flown with 15/12 (warn/crit) and never lost a model, but comparing a blackbox log which has RQly in it, I bumped it back up to 18/13.

I've also looked into it and opentx is hard coded to using raw RSNR as the RSSI value. I tried to write a lua script to publish RSNR from RQly (for receivers that don't send RSNR) but the warnings never go off and I've confirmed in the source code that lua telemetry items do not run through the code that pulls RSSI so the received RSNR is it.

Quick Reply