Sep 09, 2018, 01:57 PM

MJX Bugs 3

Hi, pretty new to opentx and the 4in1 modules.

I have a Taranis Q X7 with OpenTX 2.2.2 and a Banggood Irange IRX4 Multimodule with V. 1.2.0.36. Already got some models bound and works perfect, but got some trouble with my Bugs 3.

I select MULT/Custom/41/0 and try to bind it with my bugs and it actually looks like its bound (Front leds go solid).
I'm not able to arm or even turn off/on leds on no channel.

And very strangely, when I turn on my Jumper T8SG (which I usually use to fly my Bug) it actually binds and lets me arm the bugs3.

So it actually looks like even if it seems that the taranis is bound to the bugs it binds again with the T8SG.

Any help would be very appreciated as I really would love to fly my Bugs with the taranis.

Thanks to everybody in advance.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2018, 02:08 PM
Pascal
The bugs protocol has been requested but never tested... You are the first one to try it. So I understand from what you say that bind works but not control. I will look into it.
It's normal that you can go from the taranis to the t8sg since the RX is generating the ID not the tx as usual.

Pascal
Sep 09, 2018, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts View Post
The bugs protocol has been requested but never tested... You are the first one to try it. So I understand from what you say that bind works but not control. I will look into it.
It's normal that you can go from the taranis to the t8sg since the RX is generating the ID not the tx as usual.

Pascal
Thank you for the quick reply Pascal. I know that the bugs protocol is a little bit tricky, took me some time to get it working on deviationTX.

Would be glad to help with any tests you need.

Robert
Sep 09, 2018, 09:38 PM
Quote:
SLT, sub protocol MR100 (3) and additional channels:
CH9: MODE, CH10: FLIP, CH11: VIDEO, CH12:PICTURE
Pascal
Sub Protocol MR100 -- Binds, flies, tested and working.
I can't do an actual test on CH11:Video or CH:12Picture as my model is a UAV without camera but all movements on test setup of CH 6 servo match.
On both MR100 and MPM using Sub (3), the second click on Video Switch (Video Off) shuts off lower LED lights for about a second.
The MR100 Tx is used on all three Vista models ( UAV, FPV, FPV v2 )

Quote:
Even by looking at the 2 dumps with different IDs, I can't figure out how the frequencies are calculated.
May be a second try another day but this evening I'm not getting it...
Pascal
Just for your review, I've attached a picture of the RF board of the MR100 TX as it's pins are all marked.
Maybe it would make more sense to the problem you were having trying to decode it .
Th CE pin is Marked CE/TXEN and it has an extra pin marked RXEN ?
Again the MR100 Sub is working fine as you have it, no need for any changes!

Thanks - Rich
Last edited by mrcurtis2; Sep 09, 2018 at 10:19 PM.
Sep 09, 2018, 10:14 PM
Quote:
You've got the full SLT quad's fleet S

Pascal
The last one is the Dromida Ominus UAV using the Q100 Transmitter
This will bind and fly on current V1, V2 or MR100 ( Not sub protocol Q200 )
The Ominus UAV is listed in manual as having a SLT compatible receiver. I believe this also uses more than a 7 packet payload ?
This Q100 Tx will NOT BIND at all to the genuine SLT Receiver. ( They state the Rx is SLT compatible not the Tx? )
Being it binds and flies to MPM I think you just need to add the switches to the V2 as you did with the MR100.
This Tx is only used with the UAV model so there are no video or picture switches. ( Just need Mode, Flip, and Calibration )
Calibration procedure is the same 5 steps as I listed for the Q200 Tx. Listed in Post=12440

Being the sub protocols are all new do you think you should reorder them now to avoid confusion? In the order of quad release dates? (Older to newer)
V1 (0), V2 (1), Q100 (2), Q200 (3), MR100 (4)

Thanks as always for the time you put into making these all available - Rich

Edit: I've attached a .jpg picture of the three Transmitters for User Reference.
The corresponding model numbers are all listed on the TX front panel decal.
Last edited by mrcurtis2; Sep 11, 2018 at 09:08 AM.
Sep 10, 2018, 01:15 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcurtis2 View Post
Just for your review, I've attached a picture of the RF board of the MR100 TX as it's pins are all marked.
Maybe it would make more sense to the problem you were having trying to decode it .
It's not a problem of decoding... The problem is that they have changed the ID to hopping frequencies calculation. They did it on the Q200 but the modification was easy. On the MR100, it looks the same for the first few values then it diverges.
But anyway since it's working as it is it's fine

Pascal
Sep 10, 2018, 01:25 AM
Pascal
Quote:
The last one is the Dromida Ominus UAV using the Q100 Transmitter
This will bind and fly on current V1, V2 or MR100 ( Not sub protocol Q200 )
The Ominus UAV is listed in manual as having a SLT compatible receiver. I believe this also uses more than a 7 packet payload ?
This one has a 19 bytes payload.
Quote:
This Q100 Tx will NOT BIND at all to the genuine SLT Receiver. ( They state the Rx is SLT compatible not the Tx? )
All they are doing to the SLT protocol so far is to change the frenquecies hopping and for this one change the packet length so a normal SLT receiver can't receive it correctly or decode it. I'm thinking it's pure marketing since they don't want a cheap quad radio to replace their range of SLT TXs.
Quote:
Being it binds and flies to MPM I think you just need to add the switches to the V2 as you did with the MR100.
This Tx is only used with the UAV model so there are no video or picture switches. ( Just need Mode, Flip, and Calibration )
Calibration procedure is the same 5 steps as I listed for the Q200 Tx. Listed in Post=12440
Done in v1.2.0.45 available on Github.
The Q100 is a mix of MR100 for mode/flip and Q200 for calibration. Please test and report as usual.
Can you retest the Q200 calibration as well just to be sure? I don't think it will change anything but...
Quote:
Being the sub protocols are all new do you think you should reorder them now to avoid confusion? In the order of quad release dates? (Older to newer)
V1 (0), V2 (1), Q100 (2), Q200 (3), MR100 (4)
It's now done this way.

Could you verify that I've not confused something (models or ...) in the documentation? https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...ls.md#slt---11

Pascal
Last edited by hpnuts; Sep 10, 2018 at 01:38 AM.
Sep 10, 2018, 08:07 AM
Quote:
This one has a 19 bytes payload.
I counted 19 but was unsure I was looking at it correctly.

Quote:
Could you verify that I've not confused something (models or ...) in the documentation?
It all appears to be listed correctly.

Quote:
The Q100 is a mix of MR100 for mode/flip and Q200 for calibration. Please test and report as usual.
Can you retest the Q200 calibration as well just to be sure? I don't think it will change anything but...
I'll retest all of them later today and report back.

One other thought?
V1 and V2 working on genuine Rx have only 80% servo movement at 100% inputs on CH 5, 6, 7, 8 ?
For example, if you were to use it on a setup with separate Aileron servos split on CH1 and 5 you would have a mismatch?
Is there any simple way to change this on V1 and V2 ?
It would transfer to the other subs but that probably wouldn't change anything either?

Thanks as always - Rich
Sep 10, 2018, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo99 View Post
It's the board you install in the Arduino IDE as part of the instructions to flash the firmware.

To update, just open the Arduino IDE, go to Tools -> Board -> Boards Manager, find the multi board(s), click on the relevant one, and click the 'Update' button.

Ben
Thanks for the clarifications
Sep 10, 2018, 11:58 AM
Pascal
Quote:
I counted 19 but was unsure I was looking at it correctly.

It all appears to be listed correctly.

I'll retest all of them later today and report back.

One other thought?
V1 and V2 working on genuine Rx have only 80% servo movement at 100% inputs on CH 5, 6, 7, 8 ?
For example, if you were to use it on a setup with separate Aileron servos split on CH1 and 5 you would have a mismatch?
Is there any simple way to change this on V1 and V2 ?
It would transfer to the other subs but that probably wouldn't change anything either?

Thanks as always - Rich
What I could do is to reduce ch1-4 to 80%. I can't increase 5-8...
Sep 10, 2018, 01:31 PM
Quote:
What I could do is to reduce ch1-4 to 80%. I can't increase 5-8...
Would it be a simple code change for me to try and test before making any changes to master branch?

If not I think it will be fine as is.
Maybe just include a note under V1 and V2 description describing less travel on CH5 through CH8 ?

Thanks - Rich
Last edited by mrcurtis2; Sep 10, 2018 at 08:41 PM.
Sep 10, 2018, 08:04 PM

Can't throttle up or Arm MJX X600

Hello all,

Tried to see if anyone in the MJX X600 thread got the x600 working with a multimodule. I see a hand full of videos with people successfully flying the x600 but I can't seem to get the bird to flap its wings. It seems to bind successfully with my iRangerX (IRX4) in a Taranis Qx7s (OpenTx 2.2.2) and I can get the LEDs to turn on via Channel 6. I just can't get the props to spin at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for the time and support...
Sep 10, 2018, 08:30 PM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROM Drones View Post
Thank you for the quick reply Pascal. I know that the bugs protocol is a little bit tricky, took me some time to get it working on deviationTX.
Would be glad to help with any tests you need.
Could you test v1.2.0.47 available on github?

Pascal
Sep 10, 2018, 10:07 PM
Quote:
All SLT sub protocols have been retested and confirmed working as listed in the Available Protocols Listing

Quote:
Could you verify that I've not confused something (models or ...) in the documentation?
If you feel these are needed, the following are corrections or additions:
1. The RATES information I gave you is backwards. It should be listed as -50% as Min. and +50% as Max.
2. CH 2 (Pitch) and CH 3 (Throttle) need to be reversed when setting up new model on sub Q100, Q200, and MR100.
Throttle is most important as if left unchanged, after bind full throttle will arm it and bringing throttle back to idle will cause havoc. (spoken from experience )
3. Nine Eagles FENG FPV binds, flies and will operate with all switches but CH 9 and 10 are opposite on this model. FLIP on CH9 and MODE on CH10
4. MODE switch is STABILIZE @ -100% and ACRO @ +100%.
5. FLIP switch sets model into flip mode for approx 5 seconds at each throw of switch (rear red LED goes out while active) -100%..+100% or +100%..-100%

Thanks - Rich
Sep 10, 2018, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Could you test v1.2.0.47 available on github?

Pascal
Hi Pascal,

Just tested with v1.2.0.47.

Still the same strange behavior. If I turn on the bugs first and then turn on the taranis and hit bind the blinking leds on the bugs go solid.

Turning on the taranis first, hitting bind and then turning on the bugs leds also go solid.

Also tried to powercycle taranis and bugs like its necessary in deviation. Leds go solid again like its bound.

I set up 3 way switches for channel 5-8 with a weight of 100 but none of them interacts with the bugs.

Could it be something with the unique ID each bugs generates?

Let me know if you need some more tests.

Thanks,
Robert

Quick Reply