Sep 07, 2018, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
The dumps are not good... I think you are not reading the SPI fast enough with 4MHz, try 8MHz but better 16MHz. It will generate big files...
Pascal
I posted the new readable Vista MR100 Tx dump files you wanted back into the original post ( #12447 )

Thanks - Rich
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2018, 01:44 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcurtis2
I posted the new readable Vista MR100 Tx dump files you wanted back into the original post ( #12447 )

Thanks - Rich
Far more better since the content now makes sense.
But the first dump does not capture the radio power on, I would like to see the initialization part to make sure it's the same.

Pascal
Sep 08, 2018, 01:53 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by microrcfiend
My 4in 1 module works with everything but the E010 in any of the RX number types (green board) so reading up I see this crystal swap. I also found people saying they need to update the JP4in1 module firmware to get it to work as there's some frequency offset in there.
I'm not sue it will help. The multi code does not have frequency offset since the nrf24L01 rf component does not support any frequency adjustment like others CC2500 and A7105 do. I think it's more because they've changed the protocol on the latest E010...
I've added a comment in the doc that you should use the E010 at low power: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...tocol-e010---4 . Have you tried? To do so you need to enable low power for the nrf24l01 in the _config.h file.
Quote:
Originally Posted by microrcfiend
So if my module detects as a CP210X device it just needs a sketch compiling and then uploading and no mods needed?
Just use the latest board with the upload method "Auto Detect" and you are done.

Pascal
Sep 08, 2018, 05:18 AM
Registered Fiend
Quote:
I'm not sue it will help. The multi code does not have frequency offset since the nrf24L01 rf component does not support any frequency adjustment like others CC2500 and A7105 do. I think it's more because they've changed the protocol on the latest E010...
I've added a comment in the doc that you should use the E010 at low power: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...tocol-e010---4 . Have you tried? To do so you need to enable low power for the nrf24l01 in the _config.h file.

Just use the latest board with the upload method "Auto Detect" and you are done.

Pascal
My E010 is an old one, green board probably 3-4 years old. Deviation bind with it fine.
Yeah I read the low power notes and trying every rx number but no cigar.

E010 alone just isn't worth the hassle to perform hardware mods, order parts etc. Cheaper to choose a different micro.
Are any others affected by the use of out of spec crystals? Gonna go through my stash of different models to be safe I think.
Sep 08, 2018, 05:27 AM

STM32 Arduino IDE Board v1.0.9

We've released an updated version of the STM32 board for the Arduino IDE. This version contains some fixes and I recommend that everyone updates.
  • Corrected the max upload size
The max upload size, the size that the IDE will allow the compiled firmware image to be, did not take into account the 2KB for the EEPROM and 8KB for the bootloader. Although the firmware isn't yet approaching the maximum size for the STM32 board, theoretically the IDE would have allowed you to flash a firmware image would could corrupt the bootloader, EEPROM, or both. That can no longer happen.
  • Fixed the serial upload scripts to preserve the EEPROM
Unlike Atmega boards, which have dedicated EEPROM space, the STM32 emulates EEPROM in the last 2KB of regular flash memory. Previously, when using serial upload, the upload tool would erase the entire flash including the EEPROM. This would mean that certain receivers (AFHDS2A, Bugs, Devo, Walkera) would need re-binding after flashing. The serial upload scripts have been modified to preserve the EEPROM.

Note: If you do not use the Multi boards package, and still use the Generic STM32F103C board, serial upload WILL erase the EEPROM.
  • Fixed an issue with serial debug not working after flashing via USB on Windows
If you were uploading via USB with the 'DEBUG_SERIAL' option enabled and the Serial Monitor window open, the IDE would throw an error at the end of the upload. A small delay has been added at the end of the USB upload to give the board time to reset before the IDE attempts to start the Serial Monitor connection.
Ben
Sep 08, 2018, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Far more better since the content now makes sense.
But the first dump does not capture the radio power on, I would like to see the initialization part to make sure it's the same.

Pascal
I get a settings mismatch error at power on that is why I tried to start capture as close to power on as possible. ( The file you have now )
I've included the new power on file now at 8MHz, but have tried at 16 and 24 same result.

Thanks - Rich
Last edited by mrcurtis2; Sep 11, 2018 at 09:04 AM.
Sep 08, 2018, 12:09 PM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo99
We've released an updated version of the STM32 board for the Arduino IDE. This version contains some fixes and I recommend that everyone updates.
The max upload size, the size that the IDE will allow the compiled firmware image to be, did not take into account the 2KB for the EEPROM and 8KB for the bootloader. Although the firmware isn't yet approaching the maximum size for the STM32 board, theoretically the IDE would have allowed you to flash a firmware image would could corrupt the bootloader, EEPROM, or both. That can no longer happen.
Unlike Atmega boards, which have dedicated EEPROM space, the STM32 emulates EEPROM in the last 2KB of regular flash memory. Previously, when using serial upload, the upload tool would erase the entire flash including the EEPROM. This would mean that certain receivers (AFHDS2A, Bugs, Devo, Walkera) would need re-binding after flashing. The serial upload scripts have been modified to preserve the EEPROM.

Note: If you do not use the Multi boards package, and still use the Generic STM32F103C board, serial upload WILL erase the EEPROM.
  • Fixed an issue with serial debug not working after flashing via USB on Windows
If you were uploading via USB with the 'DEBUG_SERIAL' option enabled and the Serial Monitor window open, the IDE would throw an error at the end of the upload. A small delay has been added at the end of the USB upload to give the board time to reset before the IDE attempts to start the Serial Monitor connection.
Ben
Thanks Ben for all these updates and good summary of the improvements introduced lately.

We've also added a couple of things:
- Compilation status of the multi code and boards -> You can check on the main github page if the current source contains compilation errors: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...lopment-status . We are making all our best to keep everything always working but in doubt you can see the result of different tests and compilation options launched against the Multi code and boards.
- Documentation on how to backup/restore/erase the eeprom content for Atmega328 and STM32: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...docs/EEPROM.md

Pascal
Sep 08, 2018, 12:11 PM
Pascal
Quote:
I get a settings mismatch error at power on that is why I tried to start capture as close to power on as possible. ( The file you have now )
I've included the new power on file now at 8MHz, but have tried at 16 and 24 same result.

Thanks - Rich
It's normal at the begining that there is a clock mismatch until the microcontroller in the radio starts. Don't look at the really begining but instead where the data is being sent at first, you'll se that everything looks good there.

Pascal
Sep 08, 2018, 12:38 PM
Quote:
It's normal at the begining that there is a clock mismatch until the microcontroller in the radio starts. Don't look at the really begining but instead where the data is being sent at first, you'll se that everything looks good there.

Pascal
OK, That makes sense.
When I captured the original files at 4MHz I got that same error and then the data to follow was not right.
So I was convinced that the error was the problem with the rest of the file.
Using 8MHz I saw that same error at startup and still thought it was corrupt, never checking the data to follow.

EDIT: If needed there is another Vista capture at startup with bind posted by yvest at Post=6295

Thanks Again - Rich
Last edited by mrcurtis2; Sep 08, 2018 at 12:45 PM.
Sep 08, 2018, 02:07 PM
Pascal
Even by looking at the 2 dumps with different IDs, I can't figure out how the frequencies are calculated.
May be a second try another day but this evening I'm not getting it...

Pascal
Sep 08, 2018, 03:05 PM
Pascal
Quote:
Vista capture
Could you test SLT V2 with the DrVista? Does it bind? Does it fly well (responds well to inputs)?
If it works then my thought process is that it does receive the 11 bytes payload with a big chance that it will decode it fully as well. It means that I could send the flip/picture/video buttons.

Pascal
Sep 08, 2018, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Could you test SLT V2 with the DrVista? Does it bind? Does it fly well (responds well to inputs)?
If it works then my thought process is that it does receive the 11 bytes payload with a big chance that it will decode it fully as well. It means that I could send the flip/picture/video buttons.

Pascal
Yes it does bind and fly on either SLT V1 or V2
Just tested using V2 and first 5 channels ( A,E,T,R,Rates ) all seem to be working fine.
Calibrating by moving the two sticks to the lower right corner also works.
If you add in the ( mode, flip, picture, video buttons ) I will give it test flight.

Thanks - Rich
Sep 09, 2018, 04:28 AM
Pascal
Quote:
If you add in the ( mode, flip, picture, video buttons ) I will give it test flight.
SLT, sub protocol MR100 (3) and additional channels:
CH9: MODE, CH10: FLIP, CH11: VIDEO, CH12:PICTURE

Pascal
Sep 09, 2018, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo99

Ben
Ben,

Do I need to go somewhere else to download this Multi-Board package or is it part of the download from Pascal's package?

Sorry to bother you but I am not very good at this.

chewy
Sep 09, 2018, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm
Ben,

Do I need to go somewhere else to download this Multi-Board package or is it part of the download from Pascal's package?

Sorry to bother you but I am not very good at this.

chewy
It's the board you install in the Arduino IDE as part of the instructions to flash the firmware.

To update, just open the Arduino IDE, go to Tools -> Board -> Boards Manager, find the multi board(s), click on the relevant one, and click the 'Update' button.

Ben

Quick Reply