Sep 06, 2018, 01:46 AM
https://hmvc.eu/
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider84
so Telemetry can be 1 or 2 where both values give same result.
I'm not sure, but I think I had a reason to have it on 2 instead of 1.
Too long ago...
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2018, 02:26 AM
Alexey
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisroyaldudeness
I'm not sure, but I think I had a reason to have it on 2 instead of 1.
Too long ago...
By source code this value not have any difference if using Telemetry in Bayang
Sep 06, 2018, 04:29 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcurtis2
Battery does have over 4.10 volts but was worth checking.
- Setting up as described with the line of code added binds and flies with LED on solid. ( Normal )
- Commenting out that line of code now binds and flies but with LED blinking.

Thanks - Rich
All should be good now with the latest version on github.

One last time could you do redo the tests below before we call it good, do not use force ID in any of them:
- Try all 3 sub_protocols with the genuine SLT RX. Please report if you see a pulsing bind light on any of them.
- Try the Q200 sub_protocol with the Ominus quad.

Pascal
Sep 06, 2018, 04:47 AM
https://hmvc.eu/
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider84
By source code this value not have any difference if using Telemetry in Bayang
I did not look at the source code.
Maybe something else was stopping it getting telemetry on 1 and when it worked at 2 I must have thought it was the reason.
From then on I copied the model.
Like I said... A long time ago when I set it.
I will try it on 1 to make sure, but I'm sure it'll work if you see no difference in source code.
Sep 06, 2018, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
All should be good now with the latest version on github.
One last time could you do redo the tests below before we call it good, do not use force ID in any of them:
- Try all 3 sub_protocols with the genuine SLT RX. Please report if you see a pulsing bind light on any of them.
- Try the Q200 sub_protocol with the Ominus quad.
Pascal
Downloaded and compiled using 1.2.0.41 and no changes. All were tested on genuine Tactic TR826 Receiver (8 channel).
-SLT Sub 0, (V1) bind LED is steady ON. Channels 1-6 only. Channels 1,2,3,4 are +100% to -100% travel. Channels 5,6 are +80% to -80% travel.
--SLT Sub1, (V2) bind LED is steady ON. Channels 1-8. Channels 1,2,3,4 are +100% to -100% travel. Channels 5,6,7,8 are +80% to -80% travel.
---SLT Sub 2, (Q200) bind LED is still Pulsing. Used solely for flying Dromida Ominus FPV quadcopter that uses RTF Q200 Transmitter.

---SLT Sub 2, Now binds and flies to Ominus FPV with solid steady rear red LED. All channels and buttons tested and working as expected. Success!!!

I have reviewed the listing on Github, /master/Protocols_Details.md
Under SLT Protocol, Sub Q200 the chart should list CH5 as RATES.
-Channel 5 is used exclusively to change the rate sensitivity of the Roll and Pitch outputs.
Using a Taranis X9D Plus +50% weight is equal to Min. rates, 0% being comparable to mid rates (stock setting), and -50% weight being Max. Rates.
-Channel 7 and 8 are not used for any purpose on this model as far as I can test.

If time permits, there is one additional mode on the Ominus FPV Q200 Transmitter ( Calibrate the sensors or gyros )
It requires the following steps to complete and I can't see any servo movements other than a small throttle down at startup on the test setup.
1. After bind completes, center all the trim adjustments.
2. Push down on the right stick and hold it.
3. Within 2 seconds Press down on the left stick 3 times then release both sticks. ( I think step 2 and 3 puts the Q200 in calibration ready mode )
4. Push up one click on the throttle trim button. ( This step starts the calibration - Rear LED and lights will flash while calibrating )
5. Press down on the left stick to save the settings. ( Possibly just gets the Q200 out of calibration mode )

Thanks for all your time to include this Q200 subprotocol - Rich
Last edited by mrcurtis2; Sep 11, 2018 at 09:37 AM.
Sep 07, 2018, 03:21 AM
Pascal
Quote:
If time permits, there is one additional mode on the Ominus FPV Q200 Transmitter ( Calibrate the sensors or gyros )
It requires the following steps to complete and I can't see any servo movements other than a small throttle down at startup on the test setup.
1. After bind completes, center all the trim adjustments.
2. Push down on the right stick and hold it.
3. Within 2 seconds Press down on the left stick 3 times then release both sticks. ( I think step 2 and 3 puts the Q200 in calibration ready mode )
4. Push up one click on the throttle trim button. ( This step starts the calibration - Rear LED and lights will flash while calibrating )
5. Press down on the left stick to save the settings. ( Possibly just gets the Q200 out of calibration mode )
I do not see in the dump an exact match to the process you are describing and I'm wondering what's really needed to get it to calibrate.
Operation 2 does not seem to be transmitted.
Operation 3 looks to be transmitted since packet[9] changes to 0xA5 three times. But at the same time from the data I would say 2 press should be enough since after the second press packet[9] changes from 0xAA to 0x77 => My guess is that 0x77 is enter in calibration mode.
Operation 4 is transmitted. packet[10]=0x20 => Calibrate
Operation 5 is not transmitted (no 0xA5) but it goes back to normal mode with packet[9]=0xAA => exit

I'll implement something.

Pascal
Sep 07, 2018, 03:44 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Please test v1.2.0.42.
Gyro calibration is on CH13: -100% nomal mode, +100% launch calibration.
You should just have to flick the switch, the quad rear LED and lights will flash indicating calibration and then flick the switch back to exit the calibration process.
Please test and let me know.

Pascal
Last edited by hpnuts; Sep 07, 2018 at 03:53 AM.
Sep 07, 2018, 03:52 AM
Pascal
Quote:
I have reviewed the listing on Github, /master/Protocols_Details.md
Under SLT Protocol, Sub Q200 the chart should list CH5 as RATES.
-Channel 5 is used exclusively to change the rate sensitivity of the Roll and Pitch outputs.
Using a Taranis X9D Plus +50% weight is equal to Min. rates, 0% being comparable to mid rates (stock setting), and -50% weight being Max. Rates.
-Channel 7 and 8 are not used for any purpose on this model as far as I can test.
I've updated the doc.

Pascal
Sep 07, 2018, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaZoom
A valid option?

The RX needs to accept it, unless there is a bug. Which RX? Did you try auto to see what the RX is looking for?
Oh id love to be valid 😂 Away for a few days now, will try more when I get home also waiting for a usb ttl to update firmware.
Thank you 😊
Sep 07, 2018, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Please test v1.2.0.42.
Gyro calibration is on CH13: -100% nomal mode, +100% launch calibration.
You should just have to flick the switch, the quad rear LED and lights will flash indicating calibration and then flick the switch back to exit the calibration process.
Please test and let me know.
Pascal
Version 1.2.0.42 using SLT (11) Sub Q200 (2) now working fully with Ominus FPV.
Calibrating tested working as explained below.
-CH 13 switch set to -100% (normal Mode)
--Start by binding MPM to quad, throttle down, trims centered, quad sitting on level surface.
---Switch CH 13 to +100% to start calibration. Rear red LED Flashes 6 times - Pause - one more flash - done
----Switch CH 13 back to -100% to go to normal mode and fly.
I lifted each corner and calibrated causing quad to then wander off in that direction flying with sticks centered. ( It works as expected )
Also it makes sense I didn't see any servo movements with packets [9] and [10] on the test setup using an eight channel RX !

The only other thing that could be clarified is the listing on protocols page is that CH 5 (RATES) is a variable rate between the listed options ( use a pot for this channel? ) or a switch using different numbers on preference? ( flying for me seems comfortable between -25% and 0% )

The Ominus UAV (using Q100 TX) and Vista UAV, FPV, FPV v2 (Using MR100 TX) will fly with SLT Sub 0 but don't have any switches assigned as you did with the Q200.
The Vista protocol also has an 11 packet payloadsize as you researched it a few years back when you originally tried to add it.
Are you happy with the current offering or would you want dumps on the Q100 and MR100 to decode switches and add them to the subprotocol list?

Thanks - Rich
Last edited by mrcurtis2; Sep 07, 2018 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Packets used comment
Sep 07, 2018, 01:17 PM
Pascal
Quote:
Version 1.2.0.42 using SLT (11) Sub Q200 (2) now working fully with Ominus FPV.
Great.
Quote:
Calibrating tested working as explained below.
-CH 13 switch set to -100% (normal Mode)
--Start by binding MPM to quad, throttle down, trims centered, quad sitting on level surface.
---Switch CH 13 to +100% to start calibration. Rear red LED Flashes 6 times - Pause - one more flash - done
----Switch CH 13 back to -100% to go to normal mode and fly.
I lifted each corner and calibrated causing quad to then wander off in that direction flying with sticks centered. ( It works as expected )

The only other thing that could be clarified is the listed on protocols page is that CH 5 (RATES) is a variable rate between the listed options ( use a pot for this channel? ) or a switch using different numbers on preference? ( flying for me seems comfortable between -25% and 0% )
Do you mind to submit a PR with the text or something that I could paste directly in the protocol doc? That would save me some time
Quote:
The Ominus UAV (using Q100 TX) and Vista UAV, FPV, FPV v2 (Using MR100 TX) will fly with SLT Sub 0 but don't have any switches assigned as you did with the Q200.
The Vista protocol also has an 11 packet payloadsize as you researched it a few years back when you originally tried to add it.
Are you happy with the current offering or would you want dumps on the Q100 and MR100 to decode switches and add them to the subprotocol list?
You've got the full SLT quad's fleet Send the dumps over like you've done so far and I'll see what I can do

Pascal
Sep 07, 2018, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Do you mind to submit a PR with the text or something that I could paste directly in the protocol doc? That would save me some time
I've never done a PR but willing to give it a try! I'll see what I can accomplish in the next few days for your review
If I can't get it done I'll get you some info you can copy and paste to the page

Quote:
You've got the full SLT quad's fleet Send the dumps over like you've done so far and I'll see what I can do
The Vista is listed in manual as having a SLT compatible receiver. I believe this is also uses an 11 packet payload ?
This MR100 TX binds to the genuine SLT Rx but bind light now flashes and servos are very choppy. ( They state the Rx is SLT compatible not the Tx? )
There are a few differences in the switches
Video Switch is now first push camera ON, next push camera OFF, next Push camera ON, etc.
Separate Picture Switch. Every push takes a picture.
No need for CH 13 Calibration as it is done by moving both sticks to Lower Right Corner ( Nothing special as this works with current protocol )

Thanks - Rich
Last edited by mrcurtis2; Sep 11, 2018 at 09:13 AM.
Sep 07, 2018, 03:17 PM
Pascal
Quote:
I have already done the dumps from Vista MR100 Tx!!!
The dumps are not good... I think you are not reading the SPI fast enough with 4MHz, try 8MHz but better 16MHz. It will generate big files...
Side note:
- you don't need to dump 02-DrVistaUAV_TX-PowerOn-withRX-Bind since the TX doesn't care about the presence or not of a RX
- you don't need to dump Ail, ele, thr and rud since we should already know where they are in the packet

I can't really say a lot from the dump but the packet timing is completly different... No wonder why the SLT RX can't synchronize on it. After that I can't read any useful data...

Pascal
Last edited by hpnuts; Sep 07, 2018 at 03:27 PM.
Sep 07, 2018, 03:33 PM
Quote:
The dumps are not good... I think you are not reading the SPI fast enough with 4MHz, try 8MHz but better 16MHz. It will generate big files...

Pascal
OK, makes sense now as it was complaining about the clock line was unexpected or incorrect?
Never gave it a thought that speed was set too low as it worked on the Q200.
The dumps from your earlier attempt at Vista with someone else were all done at 8MHz so that should work but I'll check.
I'll get them done and repost them probably tomorrow.

Thanks - Rich
Sep 07, 2018, 06:28 PM
Registered Fiend
My 4in 1 module works with everything but the E010 in any of the RX number types (green board) so reading up I see this crystal swap. I also found people saying they need to update the JP4in1 module firmware to get it to work as there's some frequency offset in there.

So if my module detects as a CP210X device it just needs a sketch compiling and then uploading and no mods needed?

Quick Reply