May 16, 2014, 07:09 AM
RC beginner
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70
Anyhow ... this campaign against arduino start to be really annoying ...
spoken by a man who puts a popcorn cartoon at the end of every post. now that is REALLY annoying. lol.
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2014, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993
spoken by a man who puts a popcorn cartoon at the end of every post. now that is REALLY annoying. lol.

do you say me ::""puts a popcorn cartoon at the end "" ? aren't you , guy student born 1993 ?

maybe i should delete it
May 16, 2014, 07:21 AM
RC beginner
no e does it. and to rub it in he just sent me a pm with... you guessed it.... popcorn cartoon at the end. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
May 16, 2014, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic
This lame war Is not good for anybody.
Guys ... let's get back to topic.

And sorry for have "sort of start" this.

It is like "WarGames" .. the movie from '83 ... there is no winner in a war over an internet forum

May 16, 2014, 07:50 AM
RC beginner
well SOMEBODY has to keep post counts up here while midelic fixes the bug. if he plays his cards right i predict this will become #1 most active thread in diy forum.

btw further tests with a dead thread indicate i was correct about every view being a different member, not the same guy over and over. and op cant bump his own count.
May 16, 2014, 07:56 AM
Thread OP
Lol!
I know why not working..I used random tx id code and every time you start it will be generated new ID......In the DIY Flysky thread I used fixed ID.I worked and customized these codes so often and sometimes didn't update.I had too many balls in the air...
This is fun isn't it?Lol!
May 16, 2014, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Lol!
I know why not working..I used random tx id code and every time you start it will be generated new ID......In the DIY Flysky thread I used fixed ID.I worked and customized these codes so often and sometimes didn't update.I had too many balls in the air...
Not much funny ... actually very scary

Luckily not many people will be around using DIY TX ... but without a producer taking care that each TX use a different ID ... we have a serious risk that any DIY TX could kill any regular TX-RX, but using the same code ... even more scary with FrSky that the code is just 16bit.

Actually your code here could be used for "terror attack" ... or even for a sniffer and killer ... just sniff the ID of the FlySky people around (I see tons of people using these 9x or similar) ... and then take over the TX link or totally jam it over.

May I should make a DIY thread : How to sniff and kill any RC bird flying FlySky

ps: I gotta to use more often the popcorn icon ... post without any animation GIF is just too booring
May 16, 2014, 08:20 AM
Thread OP
The code is still in testing,..Make sure you play solo till everything is fixed..or better don't use it at all....I put a disclaimer on first page I don't take any responsibility.
Maybe is better I should close the thread and delete all files.
Now I fixed the bug with fixed ID for the moment..See first post for new hex.
May 16, 2014, 08:26 AM
Quote:
The code is still in testing,..Make sure you play solo till everything is fixed..or better don't use it at all....I put a disclaimer on first page I don't take any responsibility.
Don't close the thread.

You can remove old HEX and replace by new HEX ... just a couple of click.

Actually ... if you make it as Blog ... you have more control ... and you may keep the thread more clean.
May 16, 2014, 08:26 AM
LOL

e_lm_70 i want to kill you

yes, only file hex
May 16, 2014, 08:27 AM
Thread OP
New hex already ..on first post.
May 16, 2014, 08:31 AM
Quote:
For some of us there are obvious things...
You're doing great job, so pls ignore some posts
May 16, 2014, 08:37 AM
RC beginner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993
are you using the same id every time or is it random? is it stored in ee?

aint rf development fun?
so finally the mystery is solved. what would you do w/o me?

Quote:
Lol!
I know why not working..I used random tx id code and every time you start it will be generated new ID......In the DIY Flysky thread I used fixed ID.

its a good idea to use a different filename for every fix but considered bad form to cover tracks by deleting the buggy versions. just makes you look bad. sometimes we learn a lot from mistakes. keeping the best and most recent on post #1 is helpful though.

btw, this is not life and death. its a hobby. no "terror attack" or "sniff and kill". remember that before 2.4ghz everybody was stepping on everybody else ALL THE TIME. anyway, guys that use diy radios generally fly toy quads or parkflyers... no 1000mm heli, hotliners, or 12ft scale. dont take any of this so serious.

and as far as blogs... not for me. i hate dictatorships.
May 16, 2014, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Lol!
may be you can use the id of the rf module to make id for protocol, like dsm protocole or j6pro.
May 16, 2014, 08:58 AM
RC beginner
ok, huge improvement. promini seems to be remembering the id and re-linking almost every time. dont seem to matter who gets powered up or down or in what order. 5sec a bit long to wait, these link instantly, but none of that is important at this stage. i cant wait to try the other protocols. looking good m.

as far as id i think fixed is fine for now. very few people are going to be building and flying several units at this point. later maybe make id change a dip switch option. i liked the original fixed id of flytron oslrs and found the ng way just a big pain in the ass.

Quick Reply