Feb 06, 2015, 04:47 AM
flying beam
M in your code is the Atmega's pin 28 (PC5) used for anything ?

On the module I designed, I've broken that pin out, but don't remember why. As I am going trough the schematics I was wondering if you reserved it for something.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2015, 04:53 AM
Thread OP
No,... is free...the DSM2 works without toggle reset pin.I connected mine without.
Feb 06, 2015, 04:59 AM
flying beam
I'm putting an order for boards from seeed (friends of mine, will build some), do you need one for your experiments ?

It will be a tqfp one with 16 positions rotary switch.
Feb 06, 2015, 05:18 AM
Thread OP
Yes..thank you ....it will be nice...
Feb 06, 2015, 09:07 AM
I'll send you one of mine too if you would like.

Steve
Feb 06, 2015, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmoon
M in your code is the Atmega's pin 28 (PC5) used for anything ?

On the module I designed, I've broken that pin out, but don't remember why. As I am going trough the schematics I was wondering if you reserved it for something.
On my board pin 28 is connected to CYRF reset as per an earlier schematic. Midelic, is that pin pulled high by default?
Feb 06, 2015, 09:25 AM
Thread OP
Cyrf reset is a left over from deviation diagrams.The pin have no code attached to it ,,connected or not is the same thing. DSM2 code working whitout toggle reset pin...which I didn't now at that time.
Feb 06, 2015, 05:58 PM
Just to let people know, the last of my assembled PCB's have been spoken for. I have ordered another batch of blank boards but don't expect to see them for a few weeks. I will post on here when they arrive if you are still interested in one. Thanks!

Steve
Feb 07, 2015, 10:31 AM
Flying Wood For Fun
great work on this
Feb 11, 2015, 06:31 AM
Hi @M /All
A question that think was asked around past May,
Could be any option to be able to change "in the fly" with some switch, jumper, pushbutton, anything else, between AETR or TAER channel scheme?

I'm would like to rescue a some years old and un-used but anyway faithful and reliable Futaba, that don't use from time ago and it isn't programmable to remap channels, to let my kid the option of learn to fly and enjoy some little quads but without the limitation of these toy shaped transmitters.

Also if channels were switchable, open the door to buy BNF little birds with some money earn and not need to deal with a pile of not ever used transmitters, and use any old transmitter that for sure lot of people has stored, no matter the brand/channel scheme.

Yes, you may tell that we are talking about use an JR sized module, but my Futaba has suffered some surgery so it can accommodate this kind of modules, I used to have Futaba ones and Assan JR sized ones on that TX, until it was stored by the arrive of an JR and a Taranis. or in any case, module could be Velcro-secured to the back of the TX if it don't fit.

Cheers
Feb 11, 2015, 06:55 AM
Thread OP
I can compile separate new hex file especially for TAER(Spectrum,,aso)..like I did before with Hubsan protocol.
Feb 11, 2015, 07:27 AM
Hi M, good day

I was sure you could do it, at the end you're the brain of this module, so you have all the keys for the doors
But the question I propose is to be able to change this map channel without reflash the board with specific firmware, each time that need/want change the module, or if has two or more boards, not need to take care about what firmware is on each, fire up PC to reflash, etc... only look at the back or somewere, change the jumper or switch and plug into other TX and go on.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your quick response
Feb 11, 2015, 07:37 AM
Thread OP
Yes it is possible...I will think about it.
Feb 11, 2015, 07:46 AM
Sorry M
In some way I put new task in your pipeline

Anyway, this is not an urgent question, feel free to put in the place you think is better.

Rgds

PS: I just realized that Futaba not only have different channel order, I think that PWM pulses are inverted related to a JR/TGY Tx, may be needed a hardware change to deal with it or maybe a different way to read the PWM train at the input.
I think that if this change also leads to a hardware change the suggestion could be archived into the bin.
Last edited by JUANJOARCHILLA; Feb 11, 2015 at 08:03 AM.
Feb 11, 2015, 10:53 AM
This has me thinking. As the basic module has the potential for multiple protocols and a hex rotary switch to select them, perhaps a software design along the lines of multiwii where the user can pick and choose the protocols and configurations desired can be compiled in any way desired could be developed. Any thought on this?

Quick Reply