Jan 25, 2017, 07:46 PM
I can confirm a R615x binds on code from Oct. 16. I have not updated my multi lately, but need to with all the recent additions/improvements.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2017, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
Q303 protocol number: 31
Sub ptotocols:
- Q303 = 0
- CX35 = 1
- CX10D = 2
- CX10WD = 3
For ersky9x add/replace the Multi.txt file at the root of the SD card to get the new protocol to display. For all other radios using serial mode, you need to use the numbers given above.

The doc is located here: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...etails.md#q303

It's fully untested so please report.
Note specific to the Q303 sub protocol: it is known to not work at all/properly with 4in1 RF modules.

Pascal
Tested CX-10WD with the new code on a Taranis X9D+ with OpenTX RC9, Multi Banggood 4-in-1

Seems to work OK.

Here is what I found:

As far as the CX-10WD binding...it binds just fine.

Auto take off works as expected.
Auto land works as expected.

Since the throttle on the original controller is centred with a spring, its weird to fly it without the spring.

Ailerons & rudder seem reversed, although I can just change that at the radio level.

Flip gets executed when move to extremes of Aileron and Elevator.

I hadn't programmed anything for Channel 6, so wasn't expecting it to flip at all.

Although I do like the original controller, its great to be able to fly this thing from my Taranis.

Thanks!
Jan 26, 2017, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrr
I can confirm a R615x binds on code from Oct. 16. I have not updated my multi lately, but need to with all the recent additions/improvements.

Tested a R615X with multi (master) as of Jan-25-2016 on a Taranis X9D+ with OpenTX-RC9, Multi Banggood 4-in-1

When binding I had autodetect format checked, however, it wouldn't bind unless sub protocol was set to X 22ms.

Additionally, during the bind process, it would start out as fast blink (normal), then go out, then go to a slower blink (normal), then go out.

It would stay that way until I pressed the bind button again. Then it would come on solid.

Hope that helps.
Jan 26, 2017, 02:06 AM
Quote:
What's your input voltage?
Pascal
Main battery is 12v, I did a power supply to power off using radio menu and reduce to five volts. This five volts are use to power main board (regulator is 3A rated and power consumption is less than 600mA), this 5 volts are reduced to 3.3 with an additional regulator inside the main board, used to power main board and multi module.

It could be a radio module defective? Or led flashes are not radio related?
Jan 26, 2017, 02:29 AM
Pascal
Since the behavior is different with and without cc2500, I'm wondering if the power supply could play a role...
In PPM mode, could you modify the table and put FrskyD on all dials entries ?
And test again with or without cc2500?

Pascal
Jan 26, 2017, 03:05 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by barjunk
Tested a R615X with multi (master) as of Jan-25-2016 on a Taranis X9D+ with OpenTX-RC9, Multi Banggood 4-in-1

When binding I had autodetect format checked, however, it wouldn't bind unless sub protocol was set to X 22ms.

Additionally, during the bind process, it would start out as fast blink (normal), then go out, then go to a slower blink (normal), then go out.

It would stay that way until I pressed the bind button again. Then it would come on solid.

Hope that helps.
Interresting finding... This is a new behavior.
Since I haven't changed the DSM code for a long long time I'm wondering if this could be OpenTX related. If someone could do the same test on ersky9x.

Can you clarify if on the Taranis you have DSM_AUTO? (in addition of DSM2_22,DSM2_11,DSMX_22 and DSMX_11)
From what plaisthos told us yesterday: "Autodetect DSM checkbox tells the radio to parse the bind result packet". This does not imply that when you do a bind it is setting the protocol to DSM_AUTO when checked. So you still need to manually select DSM_AUTO otherwise the bind is not done using the correct mode and why you need to select DSMX_22 to get it to work.

Can you do all the tests below and tell me if you get the bind to properly finish on the first attempt?
- check autodetect and try a bind using DSM_AUTO
- uncheck the autodetect format and try a bind using DSMX_22
- compile without DSM telemetry: comment #define DSM_TELEMETRY in _config.h and try a bind using DSMX_22

Pascal
Jan 26, 2017, 03:08 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrr
Can you tell me which TX and TX firmware you are using?
Let me know if it still works after the update (try to update the module only and not the radio so we can see the result). Only if it doesn't, can you share the source your build is based on?

Pascal
Jan 26, 2017, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Since the behavior is different with and without cc2500, I'm wondering if the power supply could play a role...
In PPM mode, could you modify the table and put FrskyD on all dials entries ?
And test again with or without cc2500?

Pascal
Finally get working with PPM!!. Only change was disable serial mode, then I upload schetch and led start to work as expected but not bind. Change fine tune to 0 and I can bind on PPM.

I will try disabling PPM and enable only serial since I prefer serial than PPM.

Thanks for all Pascal.

Regards.

--Edit --

On serial mode only it doesn´t work. There is any way to simulate serial link using another arduino to check module?
Last edited by Drashiel; Jan 26, 2017 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Added more data.
Jan 26, 2017, 03:52 AM
Pascal
You can bind but do you have control over the servos?

I'm still thinking you have something wrong around your power supply setup causing all these troubles.

Pascal
Jan 26, 2017, 04:55 AM
Dutch RC Reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaisthos
OpenTX 2.2 RC9 has been released with the new multi protocols and multi telemetry protocol:

http://www.open-tx.org/2017/01/25/opentx-2.2.0RC9
Just updated from RC8 to RC9, when turning on I get blank screen and vibration goes crazy.
Taranis X9D Plus using this file opentx-x9d+-noheli-lua-massstorage-eu-multimodule-en-2.2.0N361.bin

Edit, back to RC8 was no problem, works fine only thing I can't is make Amber say welcome to Taranis instead off open tx
Last edited by Dutch RC; Jan 26, 2017 at 05:03 AM.
Jan 26, 2017, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch RC
Just updated from RC8 to RC9, when turning on I get blank screen and vibration goes crazy.
Taranis X9D Plus using this file opentx-x9d+-noheli-lua-massstorage-eu-multimodule-en-2.2.0N361.bin

Edit, back to RC8 was no problem, works fine only thing I can't is make Amber say welcome to Taranis instead off open tx
Your Amber soundpack is probably not updated probably to 2.2. You will have other problems with it as well.

The blank screen and vibration sounds like a X9D flashed to X9D+ or vice versa.
Jan 26, 2017, 05:20 AM
Dutch RC Reviewer
I have a plus and I think from the filename x9d+ I'm flashing plus as well,
Haven't found problems with Amber yet tho i'll try to find a new file online.

Edit, using this Amber file for 2.2 http://open-txu.org/v2-2-resources-2/
Last edited by Dutch RC; Jan 26, 2017 at 05:25 AM.
Jan 26, 2017, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch RC
I have a plus and I think from the filename x9d+ I'm flashing plus as well,
Haven't found problems with Amber yet tho i'll try to find a new file online.

Edit, using this Amber file for 2.2 http://open-txu.org/v2-2-resources-2/
For your issue, best follow https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/4292

For the soundpack, a few files have new names in 2.2, also the hello.wav/tada.wav. If you not hearing the sounds that menas that your sound pack was not fully adapted to 2.2
Jan 26, 2017, 05:39 AM
Hello,
I bought a new FrSky Taranis X9D Plus and after inserting DIY multiprotocol 4 and 1 in the external shaft and internal RF module shutdown hear - regardless of the position
Buzzing volume from the speaker. The buzzing changes when I turn the antenna.
I found various tutorials on the Internet (soldering 1000 micro F capacitor .. etc.) But I do not want to intervene in radios because it is under warranty.
I installed FW v2.20 openTX RC7 N360. If you turn off the external module - Multiprotocol 4 in 1 and switch internal module and any interference hear.
Someone has a similar problem? Can you please advise me how to remove the buzz?
Well thank you.
Jan 26, 2017, 05:40 AM
Dutch RC Reviewer
Thanks I will, and I was looking for tada because that's what I did in 2.1 if it's changed to hello I can keep changing tada but then nothing will happen lol

Quick Reply