Nov 30, 2016, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
Right... too quick to push it out...
There was another typo, please use the latest posted version for CX20 tests.
Pascal
Updated, compiled, flashed. If the LED on the stock Rx is anything to go by, I get a bind.

The Rx isn't in the model at the moment, so I can't say if anything else is working.

With stock Tx:
Power on Rx - LED fast blinks
Power on Tx - LED goes solid
Power off Tx - LED slow blinks

With multi-protocol 4-in-1:
Power on Rx - LED fast blinks
Power on Tx - LED goes solid
Power off Tx - LED slow blinks

to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2016, 05:24 AM
Pascal
Looks good ;-)

I've just pushed a new version out with some changes. Please test this one instead.

If you could connect a servo and test each outputs you should get it to move smoothly.

Now I need more dumps to figure out the TX ID vs Frequencies.

Pascal
Last edited by hpnuts; Nov 30, 2016 at 06:27 AM.
Nov 30, 2016, 08:10 AM
Hi All
Newbie question here -
How do I find out which protocol a particular china toy model has?
I have a FX 802 (http://www.banggood.com/Fly-Bear-FX-...-p-982838.html)

and would like to bind it to my 9XR Pro (running ersky9x r219v3) with a 4-in-1 multiprotocol tx module (running Multiprotocol v1.1.5)

Is this at all possible?
Do I have to 'snoop' for packets or are there some standard test I can undertake-- trial and error being one of them...

Sorry if my question seems a bit mundane.. or your asking your self why on earth would he want to do that!?
Thanks in advance
Nov 30, 2016, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Looks good ;-)

I've just pushed a new version out with some changes. Please test this one instead.

If you could connect a servo and test each outputs you should get it to move smoothly.

Now I need more dumps to figure out the TX ID vs Frequencies.

Pascal
Updated again. Still waiting for my logic analyzer so I can grab the captures - hopefully tomorrow. I've ordered a cheap servo off eBay to connect to the Rx as well.

While I wait for them to arrive, I took a look at this project, which is for a simple PWM analyzer for Saleae Logic:
https://github.com/dustin/logic-pwm

I've had a go at importing it to Visual Studio and compiling it for Windows. The x64 version is attached. With limited experience, and nothing to test it on, it seems like it should work - the simulation does, at least. There is a problem with displaying the correct unit (μS), but I should be able to fix that in time.
Nov 30, 2016, 10:41 AM
One more observation - with the latest build for the 4-in-1, starting a few seconds after binding, the Rx LED blinks once every 3-4s. I don't think this was happening before. Don't know what it means. It still goes to a steady slow blink when I power down the Tx.
Nov 30, 2016, 11:43 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo99
One more observation - with the latest build for the 4-in-1, starting a few seconds after binding, the Rx LED blinks once every 3-4s. I don't think this was happening before. Don't know what it means. It still goes to a steady slow blink when I power down the Tx.
My fault one line moved at the wrong place...
It should work fine now with the new posted version on GitHub.

I think I've figured out the frequency table values.
Ben when you can dump your TX it will validate or not my theory.

Pascal
Nov 30, 2016, 12:19 PM
Quote:
My fault one line moved at the wrong place...
It should work fine now with the new posted version on GitHub.

I think I've figured out the frequency table values.
Ben when you can dump your TX it will validate or not my theory.

Pascal
Solid LED again now. I'm going to have to start using velcro to attach the cover on my module
Nov 30, 2016, 12:41 PM
Pascal
You'll have to open your case one more time ;-)
I've just pushed a new version based on my assumption of how the frequency hoping is calculated based on any TX ID.
Could you try it and let me know if the RX LED is still solid?
Pascal
Nov 30, 2016, 12:54 PM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersonicdk
Hi All
Newbie question here -
How do I find out which protocol a particular china toy model has?
I have a FX 802 (http://www.banggood.com/Fly-Bear-FX-...-p-982838.html)

and would like to bind it to my 9XR Pro (running ersky9x r219v3) with a 4-in-1 multiprotocol tx module (running Multiprotocol v1.1.5)

Is this at all possible?
Do I have to 'snoop' for packets or are there some standard test I can undertake-- trial and error being one of them...

Sorry if my question seems a bit mundane.. or your asking your self why on earth would he want to do that!?
Thanks in advance
First check on the deviation web site to see if your model is known. If yes you should find the protocol name.
If no, check on the deviation forum if someone has posted something about it.
If not then you need to request a new protocol creation which means that you need to be ready to dump the SPI bus on your TX and spend time to try out many versions until it might work...
Pascal
Nov 30, 2016, 01:39 PM
Quote:
First check on the deviation web site to see if your model is known. If yes you should find the protocol name.
If no, check on the deviation forum if someone has posted something about it.
If not then you need to request a new protocol creation which means that you need to be ready to dump the SPI bus on your TX and spend time to try out many versions until it might work...
Pascal
OK thanks Pascal, I'll look into it.
Nov 30, 2016, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad_vy
Now I setup Taranis for Hubsan H107C and have to reverse two channels, Aileron and Rudder. Is it normal?

I compiled latest Multiprotocol code.
It's easy to reverse channels, but at present time I don't think it is normal => micro quad DSM2 22ms also has two channels reversed, Aileron and Rudder. I do not test channels >4ch.

With Devo 8s and Deviation I have not channels reversed for both models.
Last edited by vlad_vy; Nov 30, 2016 at 01:59 PM.
Nov 30, 2016, 06:49 PM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad_vy
It's easy to reverse channels, but at present time I don't think it is normal => micro quad DSM2 22ms also has two channels reversed, Aileron and Rudder. I do not test channels >4ch.

With Devo 8s and Deviation I have not channels reversed for both models.
I don't have both to compare...
I'm not doing anything special with Aileron and Rudder values. For DSM they are nearly passed on without any changes.
Just so we are on the same page:
Aileron values are increasing from -100% to 100% when the aileron stick is moving in that direction ->.
Rudder values are increasing from -100% to 100% when the rudder stick is moving in that direction ->.
Is this the same convention on the devo?
Pascal
Nov 30, 2016, 09:17 PM
[deleted]
Last edited by gvzb19; Nov 30, 2016 at 09:38 PM.
Nov 30, 2016, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo99
OK, I have both H8 Minis flipping now. Bottom line - add a 1s Delay Down to your CH5 TRN switch mix.

I played around and found that both the original transmitters could control both H8s, and flipping worked fine. Using the multi-module in my 9XR I found that the blue-PCB H8 would flip if I held the TRN switch while doing the stick movement. I added the 1 second Delay Down on the CH5 mix, and now both H8s flip. I guess the stock Tx also has this delay built in.

Ben
Ben, with all your work getting it fixed, I can imagine there is no better person to document the H8. It would be really great for the community if you could document the model here: https://github.com/gerrievanzyl/DIY-...odule-old/wiki

[Note to every one else, it would really be great if you could document your favourite models here. That way we can begin to make all the model related support "self-serve".]

Thanks
Gerrie
Nov 30, 2016, 10:26 PM
Hi everyone, I just added generic Spektrum DX5e emulation setup on the Model information wiki here: https://github.com/gerrievanzyl/DIY-...odule-old/wiki

I am not sure if I agree with the instructions of setting mixer to 100% and servo limits to 80%. I would have thought setting mixer to 80% and servo limits to 100% is better as it would not "clip" the outputs and it would allow room for trims. If anyone with DSM model experience can comment it would be great.

Since we are now coming closer to Christmas ("the giving season"), and If you have experience with setting up a specific model please feel free to "give a little" and contribute to this page. It is really simple and there are instructions.
Thanks all
Gerrie
Last edited by gvzb19; Nov 30, 2016 at 10:32 PM. Reason: clarity

Quick Reply