May 15, 2014, 10:45 AM
We can rebuild it!
Could do this with the dip switches, ok only one pin needed then. Name: uploadfromtaptalk1400168748722.jpg
Views: 439
Size: 40.4 KB
Description:
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2014, 10:50 AM
RC beginner
im still having trouble getting this to bind:

1. flash hex file with usbasp (no bootloader)
2. gnd bind pin on rx and apply 5v (led blinks)
3. connect 7105, gnd b2, then apply 3.3v

sometimes b5 led flashes dozen times or so and sometimes it dont. rx led never stops flashing except with v911 or 9x radio. as original designer of the circuit i should be getting this right but you never know. does anything look bogus in the pics?
May 15, 2014, 11:05 AM
Thread OP
Check again pinout
Flysky
SDIO=MOSI- D5
SCK-D4
CS-D2
SW1-D10(B2)
FRsky2-way(I hope you select 2 way)
SCK-D4
MOSI-D5
MISO-D6???
CS-D7
SW3-D12(B4)
======
LED-B5
May 15, 2014, 11:12 AM
Thread OP
interesting idea...using analog pin reading diferent values for protocol selection..I may use that....for multiprotocol on single RF chip like CYRF 6936

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83
Could do this with the dip switches, ok only one pin needed then. Attachment 6767683
May 15, 2014, 11:30 AM
RC beginner
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic
Check again pinout
Flysky
SDIO=MOSI- D5
SCK-D4
CS-D2
SW1-D10(B2)
wiring looks good as should be evident from the photo. if anybody sees otherwise please speak up. frsky et al shelved atm until some other sign of life. i assume like with the real radios that ppm is not required to bind.

speaking of which its worth mentioning that autobind is great for toys but not practical for hobby grade use. serious applications like fpv and autopilot need instant reconnect on power up. even normal plane/copter benefit from quick lock in cases where battery or some other issue causes reset. just a thought. for now id be happy to see any type of bind.
May 15, 2014, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83
Is this a Nrf24 module with a atmega48 preinstalled?

Link please.
Nope .. you need to plug 2 modules ... but no soldering needed

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-NRF24L01...-/181371467980

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-NRF24L0...-/321385825676

So it is 1.1$ + 3.7$ ... 4.8$ .. you can also plug a LNA+PA module:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NRF24L01-PA-...-/181400369210

I did hack Arduino for make code for the atmega48 ... and I had my little own TX over the LNA version ... 200m range I got ...

May 15, 2014, 11:52 AM
Thread OP
If binding with V939...the binding window is very short also tx binding time is short...2.5 sec if missing one window or another no binding occurs...You must see on the Tx flysky mode those 2.5 sec...if not, not binding.No need PPM for binding.
I tested again just now and working fine.I will increase binding time for tx to 5 sec...to be able to see...About autobinding if there is enough interest will make version with binding button..at the moment the project is still in infancy...need add more protocols received feedback..aso.
As I said before Frsky have some tunning issues...need a litle tweaked but you said also Flysky not working which points to other issues..Nothing is easy on life.
Last edited by midelic; May 16, 2014 at 08:44 AM.
May 15, 2014, 11:56 AM
Thread OP
Iwill make a video soon to show how it works.
May 15, 2014, 12:14 PM
RC beginner
binding is instant with both of my 9x (button bind) and dozens of wlt (autobind) radios so idk if thats really a problem. also note that your led blinks almost every time on power up but never blinks if no 7105 connected. so looks like 7105 is being recognized most of the time. also never blinks on reset. maybe theres a hint there.

ill try the new files. btw it would be helpful if different names were used for different versions. im renaming to "mmulti01" (midelic multiprotocol) , mmulti02", etc. i agree details like button vs autobind are not important now. and not everything in life is hard, sometimes the ones worth the effort are though.

it would be nice if somebody else gave this a try. a minimal hookup only takes a few minutes and couple parts whether promini, uno, or bare chip.
May 15, 2014, 12:22 PM
Thread OP
This is the problem should blink when the A7105 is connected and no blinking when the A7105 is not connected.
Flysky code is the same as before pinout the same is not changed ,only added switch.I tested myself again and worked...be sure your A7105 is good one.I found SY versions damaged
Last edited by midelic; May 15, 2014 at 12:29 PM.
May 15, 2014, 12:35 PM
thank midelic for your mail, i will envoy.

You have a real cool small er9x rc, i have see in picture on the core 9x post.

i dont have a atmel programmer, only for cortex :/
so i made one smaller too but with only arduino. it cool to.

i think about making one multiprotocol with 2 bp and 2 leds only to select and bind and have some information rapidely. it will be better for my friends.
May 15, 2014, 12:51 PM
Thread OP
@Dave I see now,...... where is your atmega328 X-tal.?.this code use specifically 16 Mhz.
It is on first post mentioned.
May 15, 2014, 01:29 PM
RC beginner
youve asked that question before. actually this is 3rd time. lol. its in the socket. in any case that wasnt the problem. just for yucks i tried a real promini and its binding now. main difference is presence of bootloader. its rare but i have seen cases of dependency there. or maybe there is a hardware issue. i will investigate but next im going to hook up a radio and check the channels. im really excited. good work midelic.
May 15, 2014, 01:42 PM
Thread OP
About X-tal is first time I asked ,not third time,.......there is no mystery your Xtal is faulty,.,,no bootlaader problem... Flysky Tx ,...I tested on many Atmel chips,.... M328/M8/M88. with and without Xtal..... anyway is good is working now.How about Frsky?
Last edited by midelic; May 15, 2014 at 02:16 PM.
May 15, 2014, 01:57 PM
RC beginner
it was couple years ago so understandable you might not recall. i could dig up the quote like i did 2nd time but we all know how that ends. recently from a great sage and humanitarian:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_psycho
I already start to lose memory , although i am still 30 yrs old.
btw crystal cant be faulty else flashing or anything else for that matter would not have worked. and ive used that unit and many like it for dozens of projects including arduino. i suspect something to do with optiboot but who knows, this hobby is FILLED with surprises.

i gotta run out the door now but my plan is to check the ppm, find out why the first setup failed, then on to frsky. hopefully by then your 272 and dsm stuff will arrive and also you might find that the oslrs isnt as big as you thought. there is a flytron version up and running here on m8 so it must be doable. maybe not ng which is pretty bloated.

Quick Reply