Mar 17, 2016, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaisthos
New version of OpenTX multimodule support:

- Telemetry still missing (requires software serial in either OpenTX or MultiModule)
- Implemented DSM frame format selction
- Custom proctocol to set subtype/type/option values without restriction
- Implement low power and autobind

Taranis: http://plai.de/.tmp/opentx-multi-taranis-2016-03-15.bin
Taranis plus: http://plai.de/.tmp/opentx-multi-tar...2016-03-15.bin
what CompantionTx version are you using to update the firmware that you posted links to? i have a Taranis X9D+ on a Mac using Companion v2.1.7. but when i tried to update the firmware with the link you posted, i get an error of "the new firmware is not compatible with the one currently installed".
any suggestions of what to try next?
thanks
-beanie
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2016, 12:31 AM
so, i was able to update my firmware to v2.2.0 which is that most recent posted Taranis X9D+ Multiprotocol. For some reason I could not do it via either CompanionTx 2.0 or 2.1.7. I had to upgrade the firmware via the SD card. That part was successful except that it still says "Taranis Bootloader - 2.0.9". Do I need to worry about that?
Also, via CompanionTx v2.0 and 2.1.7, I can't read the EEPROM files from my Taranis. I get an error that says "Invalid binary EEPROM File /var/folders/04/rsjcl+0j7gz1c6mj2pyb_sqc0000gn/T/8261-temp.bin"
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
@plaisthos... is there a thread from which you obtained the 2 Taranis firmware files for multiprotocol?
Thanks in advance to any advice.
-beanie
Mar 18, 2016, 03:09 AM
I usually flash with dfu-util from the command line. (Not for the faint hearted)

I build the binaries myself from my git tree based on OpenTX 2.2 (or what will become 2.2), sources are available here: https://github.com/schwabe/opentx

Earlier version were build open 2.1 but in order to have a chance to be included in the main OpenTX, the code needs to target 2.2, sorry.

I can try to build the 2.2 Companion software if you tell me the platform you need it for.
Mar 18, 2016, 03:15 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blandford
Does MULTI do DSMX as well as DSM2?
I'm not in a rush to get anything working on DSM.

Mike.
Yes DSM2 and DSMX are supported.
But the selection between DSM2/X, number of channels, 11/22ms is currently manual since we don't liten to the RX answer during bind time...
But I think this is good in some way since you can select what you want and therefore have more chance to be compatible with your model.

- Pascal
Mar 18, 2016, 03:22 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
Pascal, do you think it would be possible to implement setting the failsafe on Frsky "D" receivers from the radio?
The reason I ask this is because if I remember well, a few years ago frsky released a file that we could flash to the DJT module that allowed us to set the failsafe by pressing the button on the module itself. That means there is a change needed only to the module and radio fw, and not to the receivers?
Thanks.

Joćo
Mar 18, 2016, 03:31 AM
Thread OP
I know there is this feature implemented in XJT module , the Er9x/Ersky9x- PXX protocol there is some code implemented.I don't remeber seeing this feature for frsky D8 only FrskyX( D16).
For Frsky X to be implemented I think it needs one more byte(variable protocol menu) added in er9x/multi(27).The FS in multi- FrskyX protocol can be implemented.In deviation is already implemented.
Last edited by midelic; Mar 18, 2016 at 03:43 AM.
Mar 18, 2016, 05:11 AM
I mean for the D series modules and receivers.. I wasn't dreaming. Found it.. This was back in 2010, the X series didn't exist back then Please see.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...76328&page=139

Joćo
Mar 18, 2016, 05:14 AM
I've tested the Taranis-binary and it works great. Good job!

One thought though: I'm always entering the setup-menu to access the bind-function every time I need to rebind (which is quite often). I'm wondering if it's possible to assign the bind-function directly to a physical switch? That would be very convenient imo.
Mar 18, 2016, 05:40 AM
Thread OP
@Joao,
The implementation code is not the problem.The problem is that it requires a DJT module (with that feature) spi dump to see which packets are involved and sent to RX when you press that FS switch on the module.I don't have one to play with, more easy to me to introduce that feature for DIY frsky RX F801 /f802 code and multi .Nice idea.
Mar 18, 2016, 05:58 AM
That would be nice on the Multi Frsky D version, as the original frsky D system can't set failsafe from the radio.. But if you say it is difficult to implement, I do believe you of course
Unless someone has the ROM B file? Could that be, how do you say??, disassembled?
Joćo
Mar 18, 2016, 06:53 AM
Thread OP
I have a Frsky sniffer program installed on a promini..Which allow me to see the packets exchanged between TX and RX.
I don't have a DJT module to check with. When/if I get one on my hands I will see which packets are involved and which algo used.
Mar 18, 2016, 07:01 AM
Could someone with a DJT or DHT "Snif" using that program and send you the results?
I don't have ROM B installed on my modules though.. Only the stock firmware,,

Joćo
Mar 18, 2016, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaisthos
I usually flash with dfu-util from the command line. (Not for the faint hearted)

I build the binaries myself from my git tree based on OpenTX 2.2 (or what will become 2.2), sources are available here: https://github.com/schwabe/opentx

Earlier version were build open 2.1 but in order to have a chance to be included in the main OpenTX, the code needs to target 2.2, sorry.

I can try to build the 2.2 Companion software if you tell me the platform you need it for.
Wow plaisthos! That's amazing!! Thanks for all you hard work and willingness to share with everyone. So am I right in thinking that CompanionTx v2.1 won't be able to read OpenTx v2.2 EEPROM until CompanionTx v2.2 is released? Thanks so much for the offer to build CompanionTx2.2, but I can be patient and wait for it. I don't want you wasting time on my behalf.

I tested out the KN protocol using serial and your OpenTx v2.2.0 and it worked like a charm. I'm gonna run through HiSky and DSM2 this weekend.

One thing I noticed is that I am no longer able to use the Override function. Will this become an option once CompanionTx v2.2 comes out?

Another thing I noticed is that when the "Play value" function is used and "Timer1" is used as the target, OpenTx says something like "eight point one". I think in the past it used to say something like "eight minutes ten seconds". Is that something that'll be resolved in the future?

-beanie
Mar 18, 2016, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyrhc
I've tested the Taranis-binary and it works great. Good job!
Thanks

Quote:
One thought though: I'm always entering the setup-menu to access the bind-function every time I need to rebind (which is quite often). I'm wondering if it's possible to assign the bind-function directly to a physical switch? That would be very convenient imo.
Hm, I am not sure why binding so often is needed. For the autobind functions I usually switch off/on my remote to get a new bind. Putting bind to a switch might be possible with some kind of hack but the OpenTX source does not really support the idea of doing bind to a key.
Mar 18, 2016, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanie
Wow plaisthos! That's amazing!! Thanks for all you hard work and willingness to share with everyone. So am I right in thinking that CompanionTx v2.1 won't be able to read OpenTx v2.2 EEPROM until CompanionTx v2.2 is released? Thanks so much for the offer to build CompanionTx2.2, but I can be patient and wait for it. I don't want you wasting time on my behalf.

I tested out the KN protocol using serial and your OpenTx v2.2.0 and it worked like a charm. I'm gonna run through HiSky and DSM2 this weekend.

One thing I noticed is that I am no longer able to use the Override function. Will this become an option once CompanionTx v2.2 comes out?
Override as in switch => overide ch x to some value? I have to recheck if that is missing on my remote too. But that should be independent of CompanionTx 2.2.

Quote:
Another thing I noticed is that when the "Play value" function is used and "Timer1" is used as the target, OpenTx says something like "eight point one". I think in the past it used to say something like "eight minutes ten seconds". Is that something that'll be resolved in the future?

-beanie
That might be some OpenTX 2.2 feature/regression that or may not be fixed in the final release. If someone were to report a bug (hint hint) the canches of it being fixed are much higher

Quick Reply