May 14, 2014, 05:11 AM
flying beam
The CSN or is it CE (chip enable) pin of each module is enabled as needed, if I understood it correctly.
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2014, 05:21 AM
Thread OP
Yes almost all connections in paralel...except CS pin(CSN)...,,,One module at the time is activated by controlling CS pin.If CS pin is high all communication between....MCU and module is blocked.I know PB didn't explain in detail in his forum how it works ,,,but people who understand how these RF modules works know that.I did a test myself with a spectrum analizer powering simultaneously 2 modules and see that no signal is broadcasting out of control.
CE pin is from nrf pin and controlling module mode TX or RX mode.In my setup CE is High all the time so will be in TX mode .
At the moment only 4 protocols..I'm alone..and doing all myself ..later on I'll add CYRF module and the other protocols.
You must understand that is not enough to buy module ...and integrated the code but need testing and that means buying a Rx with the specific protocol and test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83
not sure if I'm seeing this right, are most of the module connections in parallel? how is one module used and the others not used?
Last edited by midelic; May 14, 2014 at 07:11 AM.
May 14, 2014, 06:08 AM
Thread OP
@B
Not familiar with the module you posted ..It is based on CYRF6936....right?
Ok I bought one..from BG....Now I need to buy a cheap spectrum RX for test.
Last edited by midelic; May 14, 2014 at 07:35 AM.
May 14, 2014, 07:19 AM
flying beam
@M lol, I should stop posting links

And yes it CYRF6936 based it's the module from walkera that converts a devo 8 (no telemetry) to 8S( telemetry) and it's also the same in the Devo10, not sure for the 12. the devo7E has a soldered module on the motherboard.
May 14, 2014, 10:41 AM
"In midelic we thrust" (c)...
Great! I feel one step away from happiness..
Can I afford two things to say? IMHO, it's absolutely need a PCB, fitted into standard JR/Futaba RF module case. About protocol V2x2 - midelic, give a look here. I have not tried it yet - still waiting for the modules. I would like to ask also to integer skyartec code. I think Chris will not mind. I make one module and it works fine.
Thanks for a work
May 14, 2014, 10:52 AM
Thread OP
For V202 is not the code missing...still waiting for V272 quad I ordered to test.
About fitting in specific case.......I think that case is too small to fit all modules in.
However I think is possible to put all modules inside Turnigy 9x or any other medium size TX.This is what I want and will do.I have a small TX with plenty space,under the main board.
About protocols in the final will be 8 protocols(8 pos. DIP switch.)
Last edited by midelic; May 14, 2014 at 11:34 AM.
May 14, 2014, 12:33 PM
flying beam
On this project I started but never got it made, I crammed three modules and a pro mini inside a JR type module case. And no smt components. I think it's doable, even with the pro mini, if not go the atmega328 route with reduced bom.

XL-7105-SY, V911, XL7105-D03

It seems the version posted is the one with only two modules, can't find my three modules ones... three is doable, four don't know. The issue would be the antennas, for a messy one like me anyway.
Last edited by blackmoon; May 14, 2014 at 01:11 PM.
May 14, 2014, 06:46 PM
RC beginner
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic
About protocols in the final will be 8 protocols(8 pos. DIP switch.)
actually since its simply read by software theres potential for up to 256 protocols. haha... of course its silly to imagine actually developing that many so probably we can be happy if you implement only... say... 90 or 100 protocols.

due to growing popularity of the wlt nano-quads v272 would be at the top of my list. since dsm is now the most popular format again that might be next. and how come nobody mentions oslrs which would be longer range than any of the others. i should also mention that the idea of combining all antennas in a single tube is worst possible configuration according to theory. as far away from each other, preferably at least 2.5 wavelengths. of course actual testing will tell the truth.

btw i have finished flysky and frsky versions but having trouble getting them to work with the 3ch and 4ch respectively. maybe a little refresher on bind procedures for these is in order.
May 14, 2014, 06:58 PM
Thread OP
It is with autobind......flysky mode shows LED blinking for 2 .5seconds.and coming after binding solid LED ON.....Frsky shows LED On at the end of binding mode..LED is on B5(promini) pin...Start RX first.
If not working can you test separately...to see where is the problem.There is also separate Frsky code .
Combining antenna in single tubing is not my idea,.. PB used in his devo Tx and said is fine ,no problem.
Last edited by midelic; May 14, 2014 at 07:12 PM.
May 15, 2014, 01:33 AM
flying beam
2.5 wavelengths, how does this translates in mm, cm ?
May 15, 2014, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993
actually since its simply read by software theres potential for up to 256 protocols. haha... of course its silly to imagine actually developing that many so probably we can be happy if you implement only... say... 90 or 100 protocols.

due to growing popularity of the wlt nano-quads v272 would be at the top of my list. since dsm is now the most popular format again that might be next. and how come nobody mentions oslrs which would be longer range than any of the others. i should also mention that the idea of combining all antennas in a single tube is worst possible configuration according to theory. as far away from each other, preferably at least 2.5 wavelengths. of course actual testing will tell the truth.

btw i have finished flysky and frsky versions but having trouble getting them to work with the 3ch and 4ch respectively. maybe a little refresher on bind procedures for these is in order.
Good points .. as usual.

This project is nice from the geek point of view.

But there are multiple downside in the practical point of view .. some mention above.

At 2.5$ for a ProMini board ... I like way more to have independent TX modules ... the end job is more clean ... more easy to realize, less risk to mess up. Also a good TX should have easy interchangeable modules, so no need to hack multiple RF module over 1 single PPM line.

It would be nice if a super 2.4g RF chip could exist .. and this could be tuned for all the 2.4g protocols .. but in absence of it .. multiple 2.4G RF Chip one next to the other ... is just a geek exercise.

Yes ... cool .. uber cool ... but still ... with too many practical limitations.

PS: Feel free to openly criticize my point of view ...

PPS: Since this project is blessed by Midelic ... I'm not challenging the fact that it will work .. it is just not looking the most practical approach ... and DIY is about to be practical in my view.
May 15, 2014, 05:51 AM
hi

i have made one multiprotocol but with DSM2 / Nine eagle.

-> https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1880556

and i use the deviation tx like you for base.
on mine i have a lcd screen to make (on the base debug) choice for protocol and bind and the power and another thing.

I an thincking about add the husban and the frsky on it

do you thinck it's possible to add part of your code?
i have 50% of flash free. (328 promini 8mhz)

Regards.
May 15, 2014, 06:32 AM
Thread OP
I agree is better that antennas to be separate way, and not in close proximity one another.I took idea of routing antennas this way from PB ,he used in his deviation TX and confirmed working fine that way...including medium range.....so I'm going on his hand on that because he tested it.
All his deviation TX hardware is based on that all RF modules crammed inside devo Tx case and antennas from each modules passed next one to another.
I know is not a nice picture ,this universal PCB idea was probably to arrange in better way,RF modules inside,,,but antennas routing remain more or less the same.And deviation Tx with his firmware had huge success.
It was an intense discussion about antenna routing topic on deviation forum..and in the end field testing prevailed.
So guys don't toss apriori this idea...it was already proven that it works.
2,5 wave lenght is too much space in between...312 mm.
Last edited by midelic; May 15, 2014 at 07:56 AM.
May 15, 2014, 06:41 AM
Thread OP
@F.Omenal
What do you want exactly?Multiprotocol. source or separate Hubsan TX and Frsky TX sources.?
Frsky TX source is already posted
here
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2124647
About space all 4 protocols took 12K on my M328..I think Hubsan and Frsky togheter around 8K.
Last edited by midelic; May 15, 2014 at 07:17 AM.
May 15, 2014, 07:46 AM
i am interrest in all in one Multiprotocol.

8ko , oh it s cool.

thank you for reply.

Quick Reply