Nov 29, 2021, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi_cookie
I experimented with what eddy42 posted because I have had two experiences in the past where the module stopped and crashed the plane. I tested it with 10 modules I had on hand.
The transmitter is a Frsky X9D Plus SE 2019, OpenTx 2.3.14, and operated the SF switch to see if the modules would stop. The receiver is an X8R.
(...)
Now I'm not using the module with X9D + SE2019 because I'm afraid of it.
Wow mimi_cookie, you're the best !
Thanks a lot for your testing, that's exactly what i hoped someone could and would do, and what you did is beyond my expectations !

Now i know, and we know, that there is an issue between X9D+ SE 2019 openTX 2.3.14 and some multimodules.
This is now a fact, we know this is not related to your particular radio or mine, it's related to X9D+ SE 2019 itself.

It seems to me that the problem is more hardware related than software, but who knows...
That's why I would like to try with older openTX firmwares, to see if it's related to openTX version.
But my radio came with 2.3.14 and I don't have older versions of firmware to downgrade.

Did you keep some older firmware for this radio ?
If the answer is yes and you don't want to try downgrading because your fear a mess with your models, I'm ok to do it if you send it to me.

Thanks again mimi_cookie, your post was such a big step for me !
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2021, 09:47 AM
You're the best mimi_cookie, thanks a lot for the testing you did with X9D+ SE 2019 and multimodule, that's exactly what i hoped someone could and would do, and what you did is beyond my expectations !

Now i know, and we know, that there is an issue between X9D+ SE 2019 openTX 2.3.14 and some multimodules.
This is now a fact, we know this is not related to your particular radio or mine, it's related to X9D+ SE 2019 in general.

It seems to me that the problem is more hardware related than software, but who knows...
That's why I would like to try with older openTX firmwares, to see if it's related to openTX version.
But my radio came with 2.3.14 and I don't have older versions of firmware to downgrade.

If the answer is yes and you don't want to try downgrading because your fear a mess with your models, I'm ok to do it if you send it to me.

Last edited by eddy42; Nov 29, 2021 at 10:00 AM.
Nov 29, 2021, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy42
I tried tapping on the back of the radio, i tried that several times with all sorts of tapping, tapping the radio, tapping the module itself, and i found no issue, communication between module and radio stays rock solid.

Please, what is the required mod of irx4 when using it for the Horus transmitter ? I'm not aware of that.
Look here for the mods:
https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...ule/issues/621

I'm not saying this will fix the issue in your case though, but it might be worth investigating.
Nov 29, 2021, 02:55 PM
Another question to ask: did you update the bootloader of the IRX4(+) module using FlashMulti 0.6.1 to the latest version? If not, I recommend doing that before trying any physical mod.

About using older OpenTX versions, you could always download the specific sourcecode and compile it yourself. More info can be found here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=863799 (I used a Linux virtual machine to do it).

I used a docker image to do my compilations: https://github.com/vitas/opentx-docker-build but I've also tried the steps provided by Risto with Ubuntu.
Last edited by alm_nl; Nov 29, 2021 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Adding info about compiling OpenTX sourcecode to try older versions
Nov 29, 2021, 06:48 PM
Quote:
You're the best mimi_cookie, thanks a lot for the testing you did with X9D+ SE 2019 and multimodule, that's exactly what i hoped someone could and would do, and what you did is beyond my expectations !

This is now a fact, we know this is not related to your particular radio or mine, it's related to X9D+ SE 2019 in general.

The firmwares from 2.3.4 to 2.3.13 are attached.
If you get any experimental results, please let me know.

All my multi-modules have been tested with version 1.3.3.6. It was the same with a slightly older version of the module.
Only the X9D+2019 has the problem.
I think it might be something to do with timing or telemetry.
Nov 30, 2021, 08:05 AM
Thanks a lot again mimi_cookie !
I will try theses older firmwares as soon as possible, and of course I will let you know if I get any result.

Thanks also to alm_nl, and yes, I'm using last firmware of IRX4+.
Nov 30, 2021, 09:07 AM
Here are the results of my tests :
  • openTX 2.3.13 : issue is present
  • openTX 2.3.12 : issue is present
  • openTX 2.3.11 : no issue detected
  • openTX 2.3.10 : no issue detected
  • openTX <= 2.3.9 : not tested
So it seems to me that the issue appeared with openTX 2.3.12 and is there since.

Issue posted on openTX github.
Nov 30, 2021, 11:35 AM
Siegi
What happens when you bind? What signal does the transmitter send, how does the receiver pick it up
Nov 30, 2021, 11:45 AM
[deleted]
Last edited by eddy42; Nov 30, 2021 at 12:40 PM. Reason: irrelevant
Nov 30, 2021, 12:06 PM
Siegi
That was a fundamental question, I just wanted to understand what the binding process triggers, for example. frequnz or digital address
Nov 30, 2021, 12:50 PM
Quote:
So it seems to me that the issue appeared with openTX 2.3.12 and is there since.

Good work! So it's clear that behavior changed when going from 2.3.11 to 2.3.12.
Nov 30, 2021, 04:14 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegi
What happens when you bind? What signal does the transmitter send, how does the receiver pick it up
Depend on each protocol how they decided to do it.
Nov 30, 2021, 11:50 PM
Quote:

Thank you
Dec 01, 2021, 04:33 AM
Does anyone have a TBS mpm "lite" 4in1 module working with the latest (stable) 1.3.3.0 firmware? I tried mine but it kept dropping the telemetry with dsmx and reacquiring it at very close range (in the house in the same room not moving at all)-but I was using more than 7 channels, the default so that may have done something to it. The basic dsmx seems functioning correctly as I have it bound to RF9.5 flight sim dsmx dongle and it works just fine for that. Went back and changed to 7channels and rebound but it was still constantly dropping telemetry and reacquiring it without moving or turning at all in the same room. Probably completely unrelated to the number of channels but I wasn't sure.

When I bind to the v761 (VolantexRC/Eachine 400mm foamie warbirds) 4ch protocol for P-51 it binds and puts the model in self level mode but the control sticks and throttle don't function. (changing flight modes (ch 5 or 6 I forget- the 3 and 4 channel subprotocol designation refers to the base channels whether it has Ailerons or - I think Elevons, or maybe just rudder I forget) doesn't work either. Could both issues be related? The same part of the same RF chip used if its a hardware defect? Or is it a firmware issue maybe, the v761 protocol is a bit obscure is it possible it wasn't tested? With the firmware the TBS mpm shipped with it didn't function at all with my X-lite Pro transmitter running the latest Opentx (2.1.3.4 I think). The TBS MPM was initially set up to work just with the Tango 2 and its Opentx derivative "Fork Tx" or whatever. They advertise it as being compatible with the X-lite. But nitpicking the fine print they don't specifically say it works with the newer X-lite S or X-lite Pro. I assumed an X-lite was an X-lite.

I wasn't sure since multimodule isn't a huge developement team (I don't think) if all multiprotocol module firmwares are at the same level of completion or not. For example I was wondering if the TBS MPM module doesn't yet support v761 protocol functionality then maybe the IrangeX IRX4 "lite" 4in1 module might since its been out of development for quite some time compared to the TBS MPM which was relatively recently released.

I was also thinking it could possibly be an OpenTX problem if the TBS MPM is functioning with a Tango 2 (or old X-lite) running the latest Opentx and multimodule firmwares, then the Opentx firmware for the newer X-lite S and X-lite Pro may not be functioning glitch free. Or an incompatibility was introduced. If that is the case then it shouldn't be a problem with the MPM firmware if v761/4ch works with the old X-lite at least? I ordered an Irangex IRX4 lite mpm to see if it works, after all it could just be a hardware issue with the TBS MPM.
Last edited by Mortimerex; Dec 03, 2021 at 01:48 AM.
Dec 01, 2021, 08:50 AM
Siegi
Kilrah, thanks for the info
I wanted to know how the binding process works technically.
It is already clear to me that coded segments are transmitted when bound. I'm still trying to figure out why I can't tie fryskx.

Quick Reply