May 19, 2014, 03:48 PM
flying beam
Please review the schematic, more eyes the better.
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2014, 03:50 PM
RC beginner
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic
I think you made a confusion 1A(0.8A) is the max output current regardless voltage 5V,12V ......read data sheet.
I used it on my module and I had no problem heating or otherwise.
lol. amazing how many think its called "ohms suggestion". max current and max dissipation are independent specs. if you think you can put 1a at 15v through ANY linear regulator, even 78h05, w/o a heatsink...

ps, again i suggest you actually measure voltage and current then report back with temperature of the bare chip.
Last edited by dave1993; May 19, 2014 at 03:56 PM.
May 19, 2014, 03:56 PM
Thread OP
What do you mean? ,,If used 10% of max current will make a hole in PCB.?...I have 3 module hooked right now on my arduino promini suplied from 500mA usb...,,,no heating ...my USB is just fine...I don't say it will not warm a litle but you exagerate too much.
1A is one Amp ,,,according with data sheet...........it will not melt plastic at 10-20% of that.
May 19, 2014, 04:02 PM
Thread OP
@B
super diagram.I'll put on first post.
May 19, 2014, 04:08 PM
Thread OP
One thing...I see you add external led ,,on B5....not good there is already LED on promini.
I you want external led let's put one on RX(D0).
ABout that..RXI is D0 and TXO is D1
May 19, 2014, 04:11 PM
flying beam
I put another R+ led on D13 in // with the pro mini's one because I don't know how I'll put the pro mini on the PCB (front or back) if back you won't be seeing the integrated bind led.

On second thought with both the CYRF modules they will need to be on the pcb's front so integrated led will be shadowed. So the external one is needed.

Will it arm having the external in // whit the internal ? I calculated R to have +/- 15ma on the external I think one can go to 40ma on the atmega pin... is this ok ?

Edit: ok, replied while I was writing
May 19, 2014, 04:14 PM
Thread OP
40 mA is max ..is not ok.I understand your point put one on RX(D0)

Rotary dip switch variation will be dropped ..it is too expensive...Let's keep KISS principle...

I'm thinking that on pcb will be soldered a SIL socket where promini to be inserted/removed easily.I will test with promini 8mhz if working fine we can use that one.
Last edited by midelic; May 19, 2014 at 04:28 PM.
May 19, 2014, 04:43 PM
flying beam
I do think the SIL is a no go if you want to fit all of this on a JR case (it will be to taller), if another type of case then ok.

Anyway you can put whatever you want there are only pads on the board
May 19, 2014, 04:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993
lol. amazing how many think its called "ohms suggestion". max current and max dissipation are independent specs. if you think you can put 1a at 15v through ANY linear regulator, even 78h05, w/o a heatsink...

ps, again i suggest you actually measure voltage and current then report back with temperature of the bare chip.
You make confusion input current with output current ,.output current is 1 A...input absorbed current at 15 V at 1 A output,..... is much less.....around 200mA current input.....linear........at 200MA output ,....current input will be around...40 mA.....
Last edited by midelic; May 19, 2014 at 04:52 PM.
May 19, 2014, 04:48 PM
Thread OP
@B
round pins are small it will not take much space.,,,will see.
May 19, 2014, 05:02 PM
RC beginner
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic
You make confusion input current with output current ,.output current is 1 A...input absorbed current at 15 V at 1 A output is much less.....around 200mA...linear........at 200MA output ,....current input will be around...40 mA.....
no. thats how switchers and ac transformers work. with linear regulator 40ma input draws 40ma output (minus idle current). 200ma output draws 200ma from input. 2.4w at 15v. you still refuse to measure actual current in your test. either input or output, since they are the same.

if youre not burning your finger its obviously well under 200ma even at the usb 5v. not matter what it will need to dissipate about 2.5x more watts at 12v which is what most radios have. not as big a problem for me because i switched to 6v (2s) lithium a long time ago. others though...

not worth discussing further anyway because if people go overboard on this worst that will happen is regulator overheats. usually just shuts down and even if it fries they hardly ever pass higher voltage to the circuit. no serious damage and new regulator is cheap. when they touch the reg the problem is immediately apparent.

btw you should know by now im the original half assed engineer and if theres a shortcut i will take it. at least in hobby world.
May 19, 2014, 05:09 PM
Thread OP
It is not a shortcut,,I think you exagerate...for a heatsink.....It will not heat that much...I touched many times.
There are bigger fish to fry here..Did you test Frsky protocol?
May 19, 2014, 05:16 PM
RC beginner
i LOVE fish, specially fried with deep batter. you still havent measured wattage yet. im sure its not even close to typical radio conditions if you can put your finger on it.

yes. i just flashed the separate code and still nogo. i do have a few other cc2500 modules to try including my deadbug ones but they are not here. wont get a chance til fri night. i wonder if theres some type of diagnostic that might help pinpoint this.
May 19, 2014, 05:22 PM
Thread OP
Are you sure your rx is set to frsky 2 way not one way?
Can you post a pic with your connections...?
The other thing you can do ..is give values to FSCTRL0 register(from 0-255) on the code I posted in DIY FRsky compile and test many times as I explained before. Be careful the diagram there is different....CC2500 pin is on D2.
I think something is wrong....I have 3 cc2500 modules including one with PALNA. I tested and used the same freq offset and works.

Last solution is to send me one of your CC2500 chip...and for sure I'll make it work...with it.
Last edited by midelic; May 19, 2014 at 05:36 PM.
May 19, 2014, 05:57 PM
flying beam
Latest schematic added led on RXI, Buychina 3.3V CYRF module, and a jumper to bypass the 5V regulator if one go all 3.3V modules.

@M do your code make use of the CYRF_RST ?

Because per this page PB, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't use it on the modules. I don't know why it's wired in his MultiModule.

Anyway, I wired the buychina Cyrf module per the spreadsheet here : https://bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue...iki/ModuleList (it's for deviation post rev 4.01)

If you scroll down until you find a pic of the module, there is a note that for 4.01 and earlier revisions, one should wire it differently.

Quote:
*4.0.1 and earlier: Connect 11->GND and 12->3.3V. Leave 3, 6, 7, and 8 floating
Which one should I really follow ?

Thx.

Quick Reply