Thread Tools
Jun 29, 2020, 05:09 PM
Registered User
Devil_IdT's Avatar
Hello Pascal, I will test that tomorrow and will report.
Many thanks.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2020, 09:04 AM
Registered User
Hi Pascal,

Any ideas how to sniff and understand protocol for MX5323 based transmitters?
Jun 30, 2020, 09:24 AM
Pascal
hpnuts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownPT
Hi Pascal,

Any ideas how to sniff and understand protocol for MX5323 based transmitters?
The datasheet does not give any good indications.
SDR is the best way to look at the air traffic and see what's being transmitted.
Pascal
Jun 30, 2020, 10:30 AM
Registered User
Is the NRF24L01 PA/LNA module you see everywhere with the SMA connection on it any good for this application? I see the first post links to the Banggood module with a IPX antenna connection - i dont see that anywhere but Banggood (and its $9 with postage compared to half that for the SMA connection one....)
Jun 30, 2020, 10:32 AM
Pascal
hpnuts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo_Dom
Is the NRF24L01 PA/LNA module you see everywhere with the SMA connection on it any good for this application? I see the first post links to the Banggood module with a IPX antenna connection - i dont see that anywhere but Banggood (and its $9 with postage compared to half that for the SMA connection one....)
You just want a module with a PA which the one on the picture has.
Pascal
Jun 30, 2020, 01:21 PM
Registered User
jims123's Avatar

Which MPM version should I be using please


I have a TX16S and followed Radiomaster's procedure for updating the Internal MULTI Firmware yesterday and it was very easy to do and and successful.. however I selected this : "multi-stm-opentx-aetr-noinv-v1.3.1.24" version and even tho their example showed this "noinv" variant as the default in their example I'm not sure if it's the right one.. since I do want to support Telemetry with it..

The next thing I tried to do after confirming with Radiomaster this same procedure was viable, was use their same procedure (which doesn't rely on any need for a Micro USB cable ) to update the firmware in my External iRangeX 4+ MPM too.. but it gave me a No Sync error which I understand may mean that this iRange MPM which was last updated 8 months ago, may not have the correct bootloader in it, so I shud try again using the FlashMulti.. but before I do that I noticed that that it's default seems to be recommending the INVERTed variant .. "multi-stm-aetr-inv-v1.3.1.24" so before messing up both the internal and the external MPM's I thought I'd better ask here which I should use, cause I can't seem to wade thru all the details posted here and on github to find and figure this out..and it seems odd to me that one sample default is showing "-inv" and the other is "noinv"..

Which MPM firmware version should I be installing in each MPM please to allow telemetry and the other functions please? My goal is to use both modules at the same time: the External iRangeX 4+ in MULTI MASTER Training mode to control and monitor all models and the INTERNAL MPM to support receiving wireless Training CH DATA from the 4 sticks of a Student Q-7x radio. Your answer could save me a lot of time and will set me off on the right foot.

Thanks in Advance
JimS
Jun 30, 2020, 01:26 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Kilrah's Avatar
noinv for internal, inv for external. That's in the doc, and multi-module.org gives you the right one when you select what you have.
Jun 30, 2020, 01:33 PM
Registered User
jims123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
noinv for internal, inv for external. That's in the doc, and multi-module.org gives you the right one when you select what you have.
Damn Kilrah
that was quick!.. Thanks a lot.. it just seemed odd to me that one is supposed to be inverted and the other isn't yet you are correct, that both samples show the right default to use..

I wont ask why but assume it's something to do with the JR module's interface wiring compared to the INT MPM or something. I do very much appreciate you letting me know which one to use. Thanks!
Regards,
JimS
Jun 30, 2020, 01:54 PM
How I learned to love the Bomb
quitcherbitchen's Avatar
Maybe the wrong thread, but with my Jumper 4in1 on a Horus using OPENTX is there a way to set fail safe? I can't see it with build 2.35 or am I blind?
Latest blog entry: HK B-17 landing gear mod
Jun 30, 2020, 02:06 PM
Ben Lye
Quote:
Originally Posted by jims123
The next thing I tried to do after confirming with Radiomaster this same procedure was viable, was use their same procedure (which doesn't rely on any need for a Micro USB cable ) to update the firmware in my External iRangeX 4+ MPM too.. but it gave me a No Sync error which I understand may mean that this iRange MPM which was last updated 8 months ago, may not have the correct bootloader in it, so I shud try again using the FlashMulti..
If you're updating your iRangeX using the built-in USB port and Flash Multi, the bootloader won't get updated.

There is a way to do it, you just need to follow a different process:
https://github.com/benlye/MultiBootReloader/

That said, I have just published a pre-release version of Flash Multi 0.4.0 which has the capability to update the bootloader. If you're willing, you can give it a go. It does exactly what the MultiBootReloader does, just wrapped in a nice GUI interface.
https://github.com/benlye/flash-mult...ases/tag/0.4.0

Just launch Flash Multi 0.4.0, plug your module in, make sure correct port is selected, then click Advanced -> Actions -> Upgrade Module Bootloader. The message box which appears will tell you what to do next.

Ben
Jun 30, 2020, 02:11 PM
Pascal
hpnuts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen
Maybe the wrong thread, but with my Jumper 4in1 on a Horus using OPENTX is there a way to set fail safe? I can't see it with build 2.35 or am I blind?
Which protocol? Which firmware version on the module? It's the version displayed on the GUI?
Not sure what 2.35 means, OpenTX 2.3.5?
Pascal
Jun 30, 2020, 02:46 PM
How I learned to love the Bomb
quitcherbitchen's Avatar
Spektrum DSM and latest protocal for the module. And yes 2.3.5 for opentx
Latest blog entry: HK B-17 landing gear mod
Jun 30, 2020, 02:48 PM
Pascal
hpnuts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen
Spektrum DSM and latest protocal for the module. And yes 2.3.5 for opentx
The DSM protocol does not support failsafe... No difference than the original TX
Pascal
Jun 30, 2020, 02:49 PM
How I learned to love the Bomb
quitcherbitchen's Avatar
Thanks I kind of figured that to be the case.
Latest blog entry: HK B-17 landing gear mod
Jun 30, 2020, 03:22 PM
Registered User
jims123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo99
If you're updating your iRangeX using the built-in USB port and Flash Multi, the bootloader won't get updated.

There is a way to do it, you just need to follow a different process:
https://github.com/benlye/MultiBootReloader/

That said, I have just published a pre-release version of Flash Multi 0.4.0 which has the capability to update the bootloader. If you're willing, you can give it a go. It does exactly what the MultiBootReloader does, just wrapped in a nice GUI interface.
https://github.com/benlye/flash-mult...ases/tag/0.4.0

Just launch Flash Multi 0.4.0, plug your module in, make sure correct port is selected, then click Advanced -> Actions -> Upgrade Module Bootloader. The message box which appears will tell you what to do next.

Ben
Ben
while you were kindly posting this (above) I was running full speed down a rabbit hole trying to do the update but could not get the maple-reset of my COM3 (MULTI) port to work.. perhaps that's a good thing.. I do have the Zadig util installed Ok as well as this other USB Log View.exe util.. ( shown at the bottom ) I will try to do the firmware update again using this guidance above .. this image shows where I stopped at a point without running the Zadig replacement step .. but admittedly there were several glitches I encountered along the way as you see in the CMD window.. BTW when I plug the PC into the micro-USB on the iRange module, I did so with the Radio Power OFF ( is this Radio OFF pre-condition correct? or should it be ON?) , and did see both Red and Green blinking awaiting a firmware update but I never did try to send it one (yet) I will try again now with the 0.4.0 this time..
Thanks for helping me on this..


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools