Sep 14, 2019, 05:36 PM
ErskyTx Developer
I've decided the estimated value, from the CC2500, for the offset did NOT take into account any value you already had set, so the estimated value is a CHANGE.
However, on the Rx I'm testing, the estimated value seems to be biased towards negative values. I've been accumulating 47 estimated values, and if greater than 47 then add 1 to the frequency offset and if less than -47 then subtract 1 from the frequency offset. This causes the offset to slowly go more negative, only stopping when it is clearly below the optimum value.
I did try, a couple of days ago, running the calibration again (triggered by pressing the bind button). The resulting calibration values looked about the same as those at startup.
Looking at my debug output, any one channel has quite a variation in the estimated offset value.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2019, 11:29 PM
looking up, down under
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo99
Yes, use your USB-to-serial adapter. If should be the last time you'll need it
did the flash, and it still failed.... until i recalled that i needed to re-set the jumper

and then.... success !

thanks for the perseverance, and to all the github people that have promoted the irx4from a clever idea to an indispensible value added component of the taranis

i'm very happy to no longer need the screwdriver and cp2102 breakout, although it gave me a good excuse to pull out these lovely things
https://www.banggood.com/ATuMan-X-mi...p-1350686.html

currently on flash special (appropriately) and worth every cent at that price, and even at the advertised "full" price

Sep 15, 2019, 03:52 AM
ancora imparo
Bugger, there goes another 20 bucks.
Thanks for the pointer. Pity about our exchange rate.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy1

i'm very happy to no longer need the screwdriver and cp2102 breakout, although it gave me a good excuse to pull out these lovely things
https://www.banggood.com/ATuMan-X-mi...p-1350686.html

currently on flash special (appropriately) and worth every cent at that price, and even at the advertised "full" price

Sep 15, 2019, 05:46 AM
looking up, down under
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
Bugger, there goes another 20 bucks.
Thanks for the pointer. Pity about our exchange rate.

John
hey john, you won't regret the purchase

i paid $21.94 aud almost 2 months ago on a promotional special

so far i have really only used the phillips head in the irx4, but between the magnetic "safety" of the handle fit and keeping the screws easily secure, it has been great... it feels serious in a way that all my other mini sets never did
Sep 15, 2019, 05:50 AM
ancora imparo
I know what you mean. Those Banggood "use once and we are now a rounded blob" Allen and Star driver sets?

Anyway enough OT - back to normal programming.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy1
hey john, you won't regret the purchase

i paid $21.94 aud almost 2 months ago on a promotional special

so far i have really only used the phillips head in the irx4, but between the magnetic "safety" of the handle fit and keeping the screws easily secure, it has been great... it feels serious in a way that all my other mini sets never did
Sep 15, 2019, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3djc
Running on x7 with an old AVR multi !

https://youtu.be/IoKmOkrjTsw
About how on Taranis X9D Plus it can be launched? And How? These two app only screen and menu controls are different)
Sep 15, 2019, 06:45 AM
Pascal
On my radio, system->tools->spectrum.
I'm not sure I follow your other remarks... There is no control at all. The only thing you can do at least with multi is to move the cursor right<-> left to digitally the frequency value at that spot.
Pascal
Sep 15, 2019, 09:32 AM
1000th page!!!! Congrats to all headers and followers!!!!
Sep 15, 2019, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom1989
About how on Taranis X9D Plus it can be launched? And How? These two app only screen and menu controls are different)
This will only be available in 2.3.1
Sep 16, 2019, 05:53 AM
Have an update on what I did wrong. I took a few days break and went back with at it calm and collected and realized I hadn't calibrated the sticks after the numerous bootloader and firmware flashes. Egg on my face I think is the expression there. Rookie mistake right?

Anyway got the sticks recognized and then bam I had control of the surfaces on the ASK. Rx on the K110 has a short still so no go on that one still but yeah was very happy to get it going. Wanna know the next mistake I made after that?
Sep 16, 2019, 10:51 AM
Is it possible to use the iRangeX IRX4 lite Module with the Turnigy protocol?

I am trying to bind an Assault100 microheli with it. No success so far.
Sep 16, 2019, 11:25 AM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiUwe74
Is it possible to use the iRangeX IRX4 lite Module with the Turnigy protocol?

I am trying to bind an Assault100 microheli with it. No success so far.
As far as I can see the Assault100 microheli is using the Hisky protocol and not Flysky.
Pascal
Sep 16, 2019, 02:41 PM
Hi, guys. I`m thinking about making this module with only cc2500 module for FrSky`s D16 LBT +D8 protocols.
1, Is it somewhere available >=100mW cc2500 module? On some websites this one
https://www.banggood.com/CC2500-PA-L...r_warehouse=CN
is presented as 100mW. Do You have any experience with it?
2, Will be Arduino Mini Pro enough for such project?
3, Atmega328 at 3.3V is usually operating on 8MHz. Is the schematics with 16MHz crystal OK?
Thanks, Daniel.
Last edited by ddano007; Sep 16, 2019 at 02:49 PM.
Sep 16, 2019, 03:00 PM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddano007
Hi, guys. I`m thinking about making this module with only cc2500 module for FrSky`s D16 LBT +D8 protocols.
1, Is it somewhere available >=100mW cc2500 module? On some websites this one
https://www.banggood.com/CC2500-PA-L...r_warehouse=CN
is presented as 100mW. Do You have any experience with it?
2, Will be Arduino Mini Pro enough for such project?
3, Atmega328 at 3.3V is usually operating on 8MHz. Is the schematics with 16MHz crystal OK?
Thanks, Daniel.
1. Yes this is the module which was used to build the DIY module.
2. Yes for sure.
3. You need to take an Arduino pro mini 5v 16mhz that you'll power at 3.3v like indicated on GitHub.

Check the following URL which has all the details you are looking for: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...ourself_PCB.md

Pascal
Sep 16, 2019, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
1. Yes this is the module which was used to build the DIY module.
OK, `cause most of cc2500 links are not working. But is 100mW module? Because on commercional 4-in-1 modules the power of cc2500 is around 60mW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnuts
Check the following URL which has all the details you are looking for: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...ourself_PCB.md

Pascal
Yes, I read it before, thanks.

Quick Reply