Dec 16, 2017, 02:20 PM
Ben Lye
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo99 View Post
Found the problem, will post an updated version later today.

Ben
I've posted an updated version of the boards definitions which fixes the script problem - no more errors if there is a space in the path to the folder which the source is in.

Rather than increment the version number I've re-published the same version. To up date please remove the board(s) you have installed using board manager then re-install them. If you get an error about the CRC not matching, just click install again and it should work the second time.

Ben
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2017, 03:17 PM
Guys, i'm sorry to boring here, but I have to ask some stupid questions. Few days ago arrived module with USB plug , all my attempts to flash it with the latest firmware ended in nothing. Win7 64bit, Arduino 1.6.12 , all 32bit boards are installed in board manager, Jawa updated. I was able to flash bootloader through the FTDI, installed Maple DFU, the board is detected right by PC, but it's not going any further, not through USB, not through the serial port. I have an error message "impossible to find a patch specified".
Any help is highly appreciated...
Dec 16, 2017, 03:31 PM
Ben Lye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romushok View Post
Guys, i'm sorry to boring here, but I have to ask some stupid questions. Few days ago arrived module with USB plug , all my attempts to flash it with the latest firmware ended in nothing. Win7 64bit, Arduino 1.6.12 , all 32bit boards are installed in board manager, Jawa updated. I was able to flash bootloader through the FTDI, installed Maple DFU, the board is detected right by PC, but it's not going any further, not through USB, not through the serial port. I have an error message "impossible to find a patch specified".
Any help is highly appreciated...
Please reinstall the STM32 board by removing it in Boards Manager then re-installing it - I *just* posted an update which should fix the path error.

Once your computer sees the Maple DFU device you should be able to follow the instructions here to complete the upload via USB:
https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...rmware-via-usb

EDIT: You should also update your Arduino IDE - 1.6.12 is quite old.

If you still get an error please enable verbose output for upload and paste the last 6 lines of output.

Ben
Last edited by benzo99; Dec 16, 2017 at 03:37 PM.
Dec 16, 2017, 03:56 PM
ErskyTx Developer
As a result of a problem Joćo reported to me, I've been running some tests.
With the STM module we are both seeing the occasional lost of connection for a second or so when using FrskyD. We were both using my latest ersky9x test version "f7r221" with the failsafe in, but have reverted to "f4r221" to rule out this change being the cause.
I'm using a 9XR-PRO and a D8R-II.
We have a servo test running, so see this servo stop moving, then jump. At the same time the LED on the Rx goes out and we get telemetry lost.

In case it was a recent change, I reverted the STM firmware to 1.1.6.36 and then 1.1.6.24, and still get the problem.

I repeated the test with an AVR module (1.1.6.36) and there were no problems.

Unfortunately, the problem only happens occasionally, so the test needs to run for several minutes. I ran teh AVR test for over 20 minutes with no problems, but the STM module has shown the problem within 7 minutes at most.

As a final test, I just dug out an Orange R615X with short range telemetry module. This also lost signal 3 or 4 times over 10 minutes, but not telemetry. The servo stopped, then jumped, the LED on the Rx went out and the "Fades" value reported over telemetry increased.
I'm just repeating this last test but with the AVR module, so far 5 minutes with no problems.

Mike.
Dec 16, 2017, 04:11 PM
Thread OP
Mike I think it may be a problem with arduino core (Arduino_STM32 files)used.It will be useful a test with an older version of the core
Dec 16, 2017, 04:35 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
Yes there are 2 different problems. They both have similar visual effects.
problem 1. All receivers. Servo glitches and lose link briefly.

A couple weeks ago I have updated my arduino to 1.8.5. and downloaded the STM32 core from a link in Pascal's repo. This link doesn't exist anymore by the way.
I still don't have Ben's implementation of the multi boards installed.
Compiling multi with the setup I described above setup had all my D and X receivers glitching once in a while, losing link momentarily and glitching. Then I flashed a very old version compiled with my old arduino setup. All was ok. No more problems..

As soon as I replaced the STM32 core with the old one I had saved before I installed the new arduino, this problem went away.
So guys, if you are using the same STM32 core that we could download from Pascal's repo, I think you are up to some nasty surprises.. This needs investigation, and in my opinion, at the moment, you should not use it to fly anything you care about, or anything big enough to hurt someone..
This explains why Mike was not seeing any problems with the AVR module..

Problem2. FrskyX receiver. Very similar. Servo glitches only frequently. No link loss.

After I solved the other problem by using the old core files.

With ersky9x f7 and multi version 42 from yesterday with Failsafe enabled, the servo would glitch.
Compiled Multi with failsafe commented. Servo DOES NOT glitch.
Downgraded Ersky9x to f4 and multi with Failsafe enabled. Servo DOES NOT glitch.

So it seems that there is some problem with failsafe either in multi or Ersky9x f7.

The problems having very similar visual effects made it very difficult to spot. Thank you to Mike and Midelic for helping solving this..

Joćo

EDIT: I can mail or upload somewhere my old STM32 core files that do seem to work..
Dec 16, 2017, 04:56 PM
Pascal
Guys, this is exactly what I was reporting earlier with my plane crashes about 2-3 weeks ago using FrSkyD.
I've been debugging since last week (and why there has been no updates). It's affecting all protocols not just FrSkyD, a servo weep is really showing the issue. The FX801 is pretty bad to recover from lost frames where other receivers from different protocols are not as harded impacted but you can see the servo jumping. It's fully random.
The problem is really due to the STM32 core.
Joao, could you send me your working set?
Thanks, Pascal
Dec 16, 2017, 05:05 PM
Yes, of course I can, it is about 80 Mb though.. How can i send it?

Joćo
Dec 16, 2017, 05:06 PM
ErskyTx Developer
I just built 1.1.6.40 using IDE 1.6.12 where I still have the genericSTM103 as a build option that uses an older core. This is also still glitching.
I'll rebuild 1.1.6.24 with that core and test that.

Mike.
Dec 16, 2017, 05:12 PM
Can't upload it here guys, too big. Can I upload it somewhere else?

Joćo
Dec 16, 2017, 05:12 PM
Ben Lye
I'm also testing old STM32 cores. I tried the files from Oct 1 2016 with current multi FW and still had issues. Now trying STM32 from 26 July 2016. Using IDE 1.8.5.

Joao, do you have any idea when you downloaded your working version?
Dec 16, 2017, 05:13 PM
Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
Yes, of course I can, it is about 80 Mb though.. How can i send it?

Joćo
Somewhere in the cloud... Google drive? One drive? Anywere really...
Dec 16, 2017, 05:14 PM
Ben Lye
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
Can't upload it here guys, too big. Can I upload it somewhere else?

Joćo
https://uploadfiles.io/
Dec 16, 2017, 05:27 PM
Pascal, Ben, please check PM..

Joćo
Dec 16, 2017, 05:28 PM
ErskyTx Developer
I just flashed my STM multi module with a build I did on 19-Oct-2017 that reports 1.1.6.22. No idea what core it used, but it ran for 9 minutes with no problems.

Mike.

Quick Reply