Jul 01, 2014, 11:30 AM
To Infinity and Beyond
Have you tried Peaceful Valley Campgrounds in Shinhopple, New York (they have a website). This is the site for the NEAT fair. They rent cabins. You would not have to drive you would be staying at the event. You should reserve now they tend to rent out early.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2014, 11:49 AM
got any foam to bash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVJOCKEY
Have you tried Peaceful Valley Campgrounds in Shinhopple, New York (they have a website). This is the site for the NEAT fair. They rent cabins. You would not have to drive you would be staying at the event. You should reserve now they tend to rent out early.
It is doubtful PV campsite has anything left, but he can try. All the cabins/cabinettes are usually already spoken for from the previous year.
Jul 01, 2014, 01:10 PM

Peaceful Valley cabins all fully booked but....

Hi, thanks for your inputs.. Yes I left it a little too late, and peaceful valley say they have no cabins left free,
I need a little more luxury than a tent!
I found some vacancies at the Pepacton campsite/cabins which are only a few, and its not on site. Neat Fair web site estimates 2miles away, but that would still be OK. Maybe I can borrow a bike!

rgds Frank
Jul 02, 2014, 05:59 AM
got any foam to bash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklydude
Hi, thanks for your inputs.. Yes I left it a little too late, and peaceful valley say they have no cabins left free,
I need a little more luxury than a tent!
I found some vacancies at the Pepacton campsite/cabins which are only a few, and its not on site. Neat Fair web site estimates 2miles away, but that would still be OK. Maybe I can borrow a bike!

rgds Frank
The terrain is quite hilly between those two sites!
Jul 02, 2014, 07:05 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Consider whether you can team up with someone who would be able to drive a small rental camper? Should be someplace to rent something more comfortable than a tent within a 30 min radius or so.
Jul 02, 2014, 12:39 PM

What do I bring with me?

Cabin in the woods sorted. working on "Chauffeur" problem ;-)
Am sure there will be ways to get around! lol

It's not practical for me to bring models, but I do have this amazing Peanut scale Bleriot XI made by "Microinvent." Would people be interested to see this?
It currently has 35MHz receiver installed. I have never had the nerve to fly it!
If someone experienced would like to mentor me? strictly indoors! lol!
I could replace receiver with the a 2.4GHz DSM2 micro receiver I think.
It uses magnetic actuators.
Jul 04, 2014, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklydude
Cabin in the woods sorted. working on "Chauffeur" problem ;-)
Am sure there will be ways to get around! lol

It's not practical for me to bring models, but I do have this amazing Peanut scale Bleriot XI made by "Microinvent." Would people be interested to see this?
It currently has 35MHz receiver installed. I have never had the nerve to fly it!
If someone experienced would like to mentor me? strictly indoors! lol!
I could replace receiver with the a 2.4GHz DSM2 micro receiver I think.
It uses magnetic actuators.
what airport are /will you be coming from Frank?

-pete
Jul 10, 2014, 07:03 AM

Travelling to Neat 2014

Hi Frank,
wife and I are intending to travel from UK to NEAT that week for vacation. Maybe we could share rental car, and help each other out.
PM me if you'd like to discuss.
Andy
Jul 15, 2014, 07:17 AM

Very Kind;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microplanes
Hi Frank,
wife and I are intending to travel from UK to NEAT that week for vacation. Maybe we could share rental car, and help each other out.
PM me if you'd like to discuss.
Andy
That's super kind, will do.. Not bought a plane ticket yet.
Jul 21, 2014, 12:18 PM
Have the vendor packs gone out yet?
How does a vendor sign up?
Jul 21, 2014, 03:00 PM
got any foam to bash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman
Have the vendor packs gone out yet?
How does a vendor sign up?
yes, a very long time ago.

send me an email at neatfair@optonline.net and I will get you one.

Tom
Jul 22, 2014, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
yes, a very long time ago.

send me an email at neatfair@optonline.net and I will get you one.

Tom
Thanks Tom,
I was actually checking for Tanic, and he just informed be it is all taken care of!
Jul 22, 2014, 09:19 PM
When pigs fly rc
Tom,
I know you have enough on your plate but it doesn't hurt to ask. Can we get a separate area for micro planes. Maybe on the right side of the park flyers.
Jul 29, 2014, 10:27 PM
Hard to believe but we're six weeks away from NEAT. So much to do, lots of planning to wrap up. Here's hoping we have a great August - July here in Jersey has been great - let's hope for more of the same going forward

We'll be there on Monday - when's everyone else showing up?

Rob
Jul 30, 2014, 05:46 AM
When pigs fly rc
I'm shooting for Thursday . I can't wait but don't want to rush the summer. See you guys soon.