NEAT Fair 2014 Sept 11-14th Downsville, NY - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jun 02, 2014, 10:07 PM
Registered and already put in for Friday off. Hoping heat thw weather gods are with us!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 02, 2014, 10:15 PM
How high will it go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
It's going to be a bit different this year. On "normal" set-up weekend I have to go to a wedding in Boston. Me and a few retirees will either go up on thursday or friday the 4th or 5th to do the vendor aera, most of the other guys will go up either sat/sun the 6/7th to do the fences. I will leave mid-day on monday the 8th to come to the show.
I live 1hr 20 mins away from Peaceful Valley. I am willing to help, just tell me which day, I will show up probably with some help too.
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Jun 03, 2014, 04:05 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Just finished registering myself and my flying buddy Ron. Looking forward to seeing everyone in September!!

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Jun 03, 2014, 05:11 PM

JCSF Thursday Night NEAT Big Top Fun Fly

Guys,

For those of you who participated in our Big Top fun fly in 2013, we're going to be bringing it back again bigger and better this year. Once again, the format will be simple - bring your Night Vapors and similar indoor-type flyers over to our tent Thursday night for an evening of spirited competition, fun, and music. Events will again test your piloting skills, such as the loop competition (extra points for pinatas), carrier landings, and some new events to keep everyone on their toes. Awards will again be provided.

In addition to the awards, there will be a pilots raffle this year, with prizes gratiously donated by Hitec/Multiplex. I fully expect the winners to be flying these prizes during the the course of the weekend

More to follow of course, but if you're around Thursday night be sure to stop by the Big Top to either fly or just get a good laugh

Rob
Jun 03, 2014, 06:07 PM
No ! Your other left !
NEAT Fair website still says 2013 on signup page. Just ignore and register?

Lobstahhh Al
Jun 03, 2014, 08:06 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramsdell
NEAT Fair website still says 2013 on signup page. Just ignore and register?

Lobstahhh Al
yes, sorry... will get Joe to fix.
Jun 04, 2014, 12:16 PM
How high will it go?
I will be doing a 3D printer demonstration and multiwii talk in the Bergen County Silent Flyers tent this year. I also have designed my own line of quadcopter frames that you can look at here: www.apshobbies.com

We will most likely be doing an intent funfly with micro quads sat night. Lazers and fog is all I'm sayin.
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Jun 05, 2014, 09:29 AM
Hey, watch this!
Assuming my reservation goes through, I should be there Sat 9/6

Woot!! Arnie cashed the check!!!
Last edited by amadams; Jun 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM.
Jun 09, 2014, 01:22 PM
Fast and getting faster!
All registered!!!! See everyone on Monday!!!!
Jun 12, 2014, 03:03 PM
Rob, Need More Smoke in the Tent to make the flying more interesting !!
Dennis
Jun 12, 2014, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAndreas
Rob, Need More Smoke in the Tent to make the flying more interesting !!
Dennis
We'll have to crank up the smoke machine a bit this year then

Good thing that stuff is non-toxic!

Rob
Jun 13, 2014, 05:19 PM
Closed Account
I assume if we want to come up and watch the flying, we don't need to register or buy tickets of any sort, just show up?
Jun 14, 2014, 08:48 AM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewC
I assume if we want to come up and watch the flying, we don't need to register or buy tickets of any sort, just show up?
The campsite will charge you to come onto the property whether you are a pilot or not. We do NOT set the prices, nor entitiled to any of the money.

Last years rates were:

Any single day $8/person
Sat/Sun only $13/person
3 day pass $20/person
4 day pass $25/person
Jun 15, 2014, 07:56 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
The campsite will charge you to come onto the property whether you are a pilot or not. We do NOT set the prices, nor entitiled to any of the money.

Last years rates were:

Any single day $8/person
Sat/Sun only $13/person
3 day pass $20/person
4 day pass $25/person
Thanks for the info
Jul 01, 2014, 10:35 AM

First time visit to NEAT fair?

Dear all,
am based in the UK. Have lots of micro RTF's Flyzone, Parkzone, Kyosho. I'm a useless pilot. but they don't do much damage!

I'm hoping to visit NEAT this year for first time and looking forward to meeting some of you guys! I have long been in awe of engineering and skill shown in the amazing small and light weight masterpieces that have been brought along to NEAT in the past. My modelling skills are basic, my back ground is micro-electronics.

Am trying to get a small cabin booked at a near by campsite.

My eye sight has problems so I'm not allowed to drive! very frustrating...
I may hire a "chauffeur" to get me too and from, make a little cabin in the woods vacation of it all...

Hope to make meet people, maybe make some new friends & contacts.

kind regards, Franky