Apr 01, 2004, 10:36 PM
Thread OP

H-9 60 sized P-51 & Enya 120 Engine

Will the Enya 120 fit in this ARF ? Is this going to be too much engine for this plane?

Thanks,

Longarm
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2004, 11:17 AM
"Tuned for minimum Smoke"
Lordy...

Whelp, following the rule of kludge, it oughta fly it just fine... as long as it has a throttle. As far as getting it in the cowl, it should fit, but you'd better check the specs on the engine against your firewall before you start hacking..

I have a friend with the TopFlite .60 size pony with a 1.20 glow in it.. he loves it because he can run a larger prop, it looks better and sounds better. He rarely fly's it 'wide open', but then again, he's very much into scale, and he wasn't after the ability to torque roll the thing outta sight straight up.

Hope this helps!

Steve
www.hangtimes.com
NoBS Batteries
Apr 03, 2004, 09:15 AM
Thread OP
First, thanks for your reply, but my question is will it fit and will it work. Is it going to be too much engine for the ARF. I have a combo deal working and that is the engine that is offered. I dont know anything about the actual dimensions of an enya 120, the weight, etc. I know it will yank the model up in the air, but will I have to butcher the cowl to make it fit. Also, will this overstress the frame of the model?

Thanks..

Longarm
Apr 04, 2004, 02:56 PM
Official Boat Bum
If you have a combo deal working, then maybe the people you are looking to buy the equipment from have a better idea. If they say, "sure it will fit" and then have no other idea about exactly how, than I'll bet they are just trying to unload an engine and don't have any idea as to the suitability.

If it's a LHS, then go there, take the box cover off and see how the 1.20 looks next to the cowl. My thinking is that it will probably fit but if you really want to know, you'll have to do the look and see unless somebody pipes in having done this specific combo.

Have fun with the 51.
Jul 23, 2004, 11:43 AM
Hi There i know it`s not the hangar 9 model but i recently bought a flair jamara mustang and have fitted it with an sc 120 fs it fits no probs but i had to unbolt a small choke apparatus off the back of it to get a nice look on the spinner to the front of the cowl the head does stick out through the bottom but it`s not too unsightly to give you a rough idea on spec the box reads 1730 wingspan, 3900- 4100 weight, 1550 length, and it states 60 2c 91-120 4c. I wouldn`t really know what the flight performance is like as i`m still building it and i`ve heard the p51 is a git to land . Infact i have a thread going for any feedback i can get. Although if the dimensions are simular you shouldn`t have a problem my cowl is 180mm to 125 at the widest point a good 2-3" back into the model from the firewall. From what i can see so far it`s also helping a great deal towards the right c/g

Quick Reply