May 13, 2014, 06:40 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3
One of my Lemon 6ch Stab RX doesn't always power-up correctly. Sometimes itís fine but other times it runs the servos to the end points and doesn't lock onto the TX. When it's good - it's good. When it doesn't power correctly, I have to recycle the power and then it's OK. DX9 is powered first - then RX.

Anybody else having this problem?
Whenever I bind my DX6i in AUTO (DSM2 or DSMX), the 6Ch w/STAB drives my servos to the limits. If I bind in DSM2 only, it's fine. That's why I don't think this Rx is DSMX for all Txs or in all situations. For me it's only DSM2.
Blue skies all,
Don
to remove ads between posts
May 13, 2014, 07:06 AM
ancora imparo
Thread OP
That's a known DX6i issue - I believe related to the 11mS/22mS problem. Affects early version 2 stabs but doesn't happen with all TX and has been fixed by Lemon by forcing 22mS frame rate in the current stabilisers. AFAIK the current stabs should work correctly with all DSMX transmitters in DSMX.

It is discussed on the main Lemon thread as it is a general 10ch receiver not a stab problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
Whenever I bind my DX6i in AUTO (DSM2 or DSMX), the 6Ch w/STAB drives my servos to the limits. If I bind in DSM2 only, it's fine. That's why I don't think this Rx is DSMX for all Txs or in all situations. For me it's only DSM2.
Blue skies all,
Don
May 13, 2014, 08:09 AM
I wonder if Lemon will offer the new cases for sale by themselves? Be nice to have them for the older RXs.
May 13, 2014, 08:30 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
That's a known DX6i issue - I believe related to the 11mS/22mS problem. Affects early version 2 stabs but doesn't happen with all TX and has been fixed by Lemon by forcing 22mS frame rate in the current stabilisers. AFAIK the current stabs should work correctly with all DSMX transmitters in DSMX.

It is discussed on the main Lemon thread as it is a general 10ch receiver not a stab problem.
Yes, it was discussed here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3453
and I tried the 11ms FR but all the channels were wonky (using 2 Bind plugs). You can switch frame rates with the 6/7Ch w/STAB as well as the 8 - 10 Ch Rxs. I switched back to the 22ms FR (using the standard 1 bind plug).

The 22ms FR works but AFAIK it is still using DSM2, not DSMX. Has anyone using a DX6i been able to confirm you're in DSMX by binding in AUTO using either 11 or 22ms FR?
Blue skies,
Don
May 13, 2014, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgtr
You ever see Merle Haggard around Shasta?

bob
Nope..we have plenty characters here, I doubt he'd stand out much. I haven't seen him since 1978. He does play just north of here at the Britt.
LemonRX rocks! (on topic)
Mike
May 13, 2014, 01:48 PM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Thanks for quick response on my power-up problem. Like I said I have DX9 (not DX6i). I'll get out the manual and see if / how I can bind in DSM2 instead of DSMX. I'll report findings soonest...
May 13, 2014, 02:00 PM
I can fix that!

Woohoo!

I've ordered 3 of the V3 stabilized receivers today(I guess my choice of name "gyroceiver" isn't going to catch on ). We'll see how long they take to reach Northeast USA.
May 13, 2014, 02:04 PM
Retired in NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3
Thanks for quick response on my power-up problem. Like I said I have DX9 (not DX6i). I'll get out the manual and see if / how I can bind in DSM2 instead of DSMX. I'll report findings soonest...
Try setting you frame rate at 22 before you give up on dsmx. Are the servos analog?
May 13, 2014, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in ILM
Try setting you frame rate at 22 before you give up on dsmx. Are the servos analog?
No, they're Eflite digital. I fly by myself so DSM2 is no worry...
May 13, 2014, 02:35 PM
Just thumbing through...
Quote:
Many heli gyros operate at a higher refresh frequency than the common 50Hz/22mS rate to increase responsiveness.

Most analog servos don't like higher refresh rates and digital servos vary.

My understanding as to why the analog servos get hot and die at higher refresh rates is because the pulse stretcher starts to overlap on each cycle, and as result the servos may start moving to random positions and the drive circuitry will end up stuck in it's linear range meaning the drive circuits is absorbing the power not the motor, which kills the drive transistors.

Digital servos don't have this problem but I am pretty sure you need a servo that is specifically designed to accommodate the fastest rate the gyro will pump out.

We had that problem with the Lemon stab when it was capable putting out 11mS refresh pulses and cooking some analog servos. That's why Lemon now have forced it to always output standard 22mS pulses.
Thanks for that!

I was thinking that the firmware used in the Lemon might also be sampling and correcting at a lower frequency. All things equal from a radio standpoint, it seems that the Lemon hunts and corrects at a much lower frequency than a typical heli gyro, but that's just my perception.
May 13, 2014, 04:26 PM
OK - did DX9 bind to Lemon 6ch Stab in DSM2 @ 22mS frame rate using 6.0-Gram DS60 Digital Super Sub-Micro Servos. Time will tell if power-up problem is solved. May not get to fly for several days waiting out bad weather...
May 13, 2014, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.wagner
I've ordered 3 of the V3 stabilized receivers today(I guess my choice of name "gyroceiver" isn't going to catch on ). We'll see how long they take to reach Northeast USA.
Good work. 5 days from Hong Kong to West Coast, Cal. I'm betting.....7 days to Nor East. Yet I'm waiting on a prop from Illinois that is taking 7 days so far and still not here.
Mike
May 14, 2014, 10:36 AM
See post #56 above. I flew this 6ch Stab today with DSM2 bind to DX9. Flew three flights and power-up / RF lock went without a hitch.
May 15, 2014, 11:51 AM
Quote:
No, it looks like version 3 to me.

From the description (my emphasis in red):

Highlight:

- 7-Channel receiver when stabilizer is disabled. (AUX2 located at bind position)

- Supports Flaperon by switching J6 to on position while setting the Spektrum transmitter wing type as Flaperon

- Gear channel for remote gyro on/off

- Remote master gain on-the-fly adjustment on AUX3.

Setup Instruction:

- Website is being updated. Please see label for brief descriptions. Full setup instruction will be released by May 16, 2014.

Below instruction is for the earlier version of bare board, no casing stabilizer manufactured before MAY 2014.

Correct!
Now we can buy the V3 version, with case and dual separate controlled ailerons.
May 15, 2014, 01:04 PM
Looking for a place to crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by egicar
Correct!
Now we can buy the V3 version, with case and dual separate controlled ailerons.
Who is going to be the first person to buy one????

Quick Reply