May 11, 2014, 04:19 PM
Looking for a place to crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelgtr
You're making me want to get a 9 instead of the new 6!

bob
I would if I was going to spend a good hunk of $$ to upgrade my TX.

You might regret the 6 in a year or so wishing you had a 8 or 9 ch TX.

Just my thoughts.....
to remove ads between posts
May 11, 2014, 08:22 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
I can attest to that. I outgrew my DX6i within the first year of owning it. Partly because I needed better features/more mixes. But I also simply began to need more than 6 channels.
May 11, 2014, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49
I can attest to that. I outgrew my DX6i within the first year of owning it. Partly because I needed better features/more mixes. But I also simply began to need more than 6 channels.
It's really about ever needing more channels. I won't ever do gear or bombs or smoke or whatever the extra channels might be needed for. (unless you tell me differently

bob
May 11, 2014, 09:34 PM
Quote:
It's really about ever needing more channels. I won't ever do gear or bombs or smoke or whatever the extra channels might be needed for. (unless you tell me differently

bob
Never say never...

I felt the same way at first... until I began to realize why one would want dual aileron channels, dual flap channels (and that doesn't even get into accessories). The problem gets compounded by the fact that many of the new receivers that come in the stuff I'm starting to become interested in already use up some of what were formerly "extra" channels for proprietary special functions.
May 11, 2014, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49
Never say never...

I felt the same way at first... until I began to realize why one would want dual aileron channels, dual flap channels (and that doesn't even get into accessories). The problem gets compounded by the fact that many of the new receivers that come in the stuff I'm starting to become interested in already use up some of what were formerly "extra" channels for proprietary special functions.
I definitely want dual aileron control and all the goodies that go along with it. See my post about the TH CTB plane. That's what I'm building next.

bob
May 11, 2014, 09:57 PM
Quote:
I definitely want dual aileron control and all the goodies that go along with it. See my post about the TH CTB plane. That's what I'm building next.

bob
Need to crash, but I'll definitely check it out tomorrow
May 11, 2014, 09:59 PM
ancora imparo
Thread OP
Bob a good example is the Durafly Feisler Storch from HobbyKing. Very nice park size ARTF at an extremely low cost. Mine has separate aileron and flap servos. Lets me do differential aileron and balance the flap neutrals and travel and the slow flap deployment on those channels is neat. That's 7 channels BEFORE you added a stabiliser (not that it needs it but it sure makes steep STOL take offs and landings realistic).

Fortunately a Storch doesn't need retracts.

Anyway that's really a more general OT discussion although compounded by the extra channels a stab needs.

John
Quote:

bob
May 11, 2014, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
Bob a good example is the Durafly Feisler Storch from HobbyKing. Very nice park size ARTF at an extremely low cost. Mine has separate aileron and flap servos. Lets me do differential aileron and balance the flap neutrals and travel and the slow flap deployment on those channels is neat. That's 7 channels BEFORE you added a stabiliser (not that it needs it but it sure makes steep STOL take offs and landings realistic).

Fortunately a Storch doesn't need retracts.

Anyway that's really a more general OT discussion although compounded by the extra channels a stab needs.

John
Hadn't thought about separate flaps Still at my age (old) and (lack of) skil level, my foamies with 1-2 ailerons and stab are all I can think I'll ever need.

BTW, could aux 3 stab gain be assigned to a 3 way switch like 25% 75% and 100%? That's the think I might miss from the DX9 on the 6.

bob
May 11, 2014, 11:37 PM
ancora imparo
Thread OP
Can't say from actual experience, I only have a DX8.

But if I understand the question correctly you want to adjust Master Gain with a DX6 and the answer is no.

Master Gain is hard wired as channel 8 in the Lemon stab and you need a transmitter with 8 channels or more to control it - no matter what input you set up on the transmitter.
Quote:
Hadn't thought about separate flaps Still at my age (old) and (lack of) skil level, my foamies with 1-2 ailerons and stab are all I can think I'll ever need.

BTW, could aux 3 stab gain be assigned to a 3 way switch like 25% 75% and 100%? That's the think I might miss from the DX9 on the 6.

bob
May 12, 2014, 04:48 AM
I can fix that!
Quote:
Hadn't thought about separate flaps
bob
I've got the DX9, and have the gain on a 3 way switch right now.
I'm going to move it to the slider/knob on the back, though.
May 12, 2014, 08:08 AM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
...Just checked the Lemon website and the stabilizers with case are available...

I just ordered one to try...

http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.p...product_id=107
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
May 12, 2014, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Sumner
...Just checked the Lemon website and the stabilizers with case are available...

Now, let's have V3 !!!
May 12, 2014, 09:13 AM
Blue Sky Mining
But it looks like it hasn't got any of the other improvements; just the case.
Oh.... Ok, false alarm; its still V2.
May 12, 2014, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Sumner

dang...just bought 3! should have waited 2 more days. Maybe I'll get the ones in the case anyway???
A lot of very useful info on this thread. All of it very well put and technical. I would like to add what I can.
This receiver is awesome! I've been flying it for a month now and it has changed my flying experience very positively. I'm not limited to flying on calmer days. Wind comes up no problem. Switch on the stab. and let's fly some more! Other guys are packing up to go home. They do hang out long enough to watch to see if I can land in a gust, or maybe just waiting for carnage. Crosswind landings like a pro though I've only been flying a couple of years.
This receiver version has been out long enough to prove that it is reliable and operates well if set up correctly IMO. I have purchased 5 for myself and friend. You definitely get a great receiver at a great price. Shipping, although LemonRX does not provide shipping notice or tracking, is 5 days to California! I can't even get a prop sent from Illinois that fast for $4.
It's also very exciting to have access to a product that is evolving right in front of us. We say "this receiver would be so much better protected in a case" and voila! There it is. I look forward, and am sure will see, many more improvements that will bring more safer and enjoyable flying experiences. Great product, try one!
Mike
May 12, 2014, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryb
I would if I was going to spend a good hunk of $$ to upgrade my TX.

You might regret the 6 in a year or so wishing you had a 8 or 9 ch TX.

Just my thoughts.....
I've never regretted and would never go back now that I have the DX9. There isn't a week that goes by that I don't find something useful about the 9 that I could never have imagined I needed or would ever use. Slow flaps is a good example. On topic, being able to switch or dial AUX3 on the stab. also very nice. Being able to flip the switch position over so it makes more sense to me. Channel assignment. Oh I could go on....
<MIke

Quick Reply