I built a quad using this frame with:
Emaxx 3506 650kv
ZTW 30A flashed with BLHeli
4S 6200mAh
1155/1255/1355 props
Pixhawk stock pids
Radiolink AT10 with R6DSM
No gimbal yet.

My issue is the quad is very laggy and unstable even with little to no wind.

I was able to get about 15mins of flight time but I stopped flying due to my issues.
I also built an ATG T650-X4-16 with almost the same specs except for motor (rctimer 620kv) and is running APM2.6. This built is way stable than the HJ-H4.

I like the HJ-H4 due to portability when collapsed compared to my other frames because I travel a lot.

I hope someone can suggest.

Posted using a calculator and delayed by AT&T.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2016, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junmarD4th
Hello all!
Noobie question here.
Emaxx 3506 650kv
4S 6200mAh
1155/1255/1355 props
Pixhawk stock pids
No gimbal yet.

I was able to get about 15mins of flight time but I stopped flying due to my issues.
I also built an ATG T650-X4-16 with almost the same specs except for motor (rctimer 620kv) and is running APM2.6. This built is way stable than the HJ-H4.

I like the HJ-H4 due to portability when collapsed compared to my other frames because I travel a lot.

Hello

I would first check that the motors are perfectly horizontal. Second, the well balanced propellers. Third, well distributed weight, the center of gravity is very important.

I imagine you've already seen how it flies in the videos that have been posted on the thread. Sometimes the most basic things are the ones that drive us crazy.......
Nov 16, 2016, 10:05 AM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Hello all!
Noobie question here.
Emaxx 3506 650kv
4S 6200mAh
1155/1255/1355 props
Pixhawk stock pids
No gimbal yet.

Remember that the Pixhawk can be tuned to change the responsiveness.
Nov 16, 2016, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrUnTuS
Hello

I would first check that the motors are perfectly horizontal. Second, the well balanced propellers. Third, well distributed weight, the center of gravity is very important.

I imagine you've already seen how it flies in the videos that have been posted on the thread. Sometimes the most basic things are the ones that drive us crazy.......
Motors are aligned and props are balanced. Will prop size matter? If so, what would be the suggested size for my motor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_kelly
Do you links for this process?

Thank you all.

Nov 16, 2016, 09:20 PM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Motors are aligned and props are balanced. Will prop size matter? If so, what would be the suggested size for my motor?

Do you links for this process?

Thank you all.

All in the ardupilot wiki : http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-tuning.html
Nov 20, 2016, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Good to know, thanks

What a pity that the STorM32 GPS Tracking project is standingl, I've seen you there. It is very interesting, to see if with luck someone is encouraged.....
yeah, I am not smart enough to wrap my head around the technical of it, but the result he was achieving is awesome. Hopefully it comes back.
Nov 24, 2016, 07:51 AM
Hi,

I'm looking at this frame (HJ-H4) as I can get it for a good price.

I have a Pixhawk Lite for it, and a set of EMAX 3110/700kv with Hobbywing Xrotor 20A. Plan to use it in 4S configuration with 12" props.

What do you guys think?

I was also wondering if the frame can be assembled up-side down, so that the 10mm rail is up, and I can put the gimbal in front in a higher position - a little bit in the Spidex way... And consequently be able to get rid of the landing gear (I would use some kind of studs printed in 3D just to get it of the ground a bit)

any thoughts on this?
Nov 26, 2016, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelbarroso
Hi,

I have a Pixhawk Lite for it, and a set of EMAX 3110/700kv with Hobbywing Xrotor 20A. Plan to use it in 4S configuration with 12" props.

What do you guys think?

I was also wondering if the frame can be assembled up-side down, so that the 10mm rail is up, and I can put the gimbal in front in a higher position - a little bit in the Spidex way... And consequently be able to get rid of the landing gear (I would use some kind of studs printed in 3D just to get it of the ground a bit)

any thoughts on this?
An interesting project, let's see how you progress
Nov 29, 2016, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelbarroso
Hi,

What do you guys think?

any thoughts on this?

It shouldn't be an issue. At least on the version I have, the only difference between the top and bottom are hole positions, and the large square cut out in the top to allow access to the FC. I initially received mine with two top plates, and didn't know. Just wondered why the holes on the bottom didn't fit things like the battery tray. I now have two top plate and a bottom plate and have custom drilled quite a bit for my needs. FYI two top plates give allot of stability to the arms. OMGFLY was supposed to send me another bottom plate but is flaking on responding to my emails.
Nov 29, 2016, 03:58 PM
Here is mine btw. Just finished a major revamp on it, but now I am stuck with a major gps issue that is keeping it grounded.
Nov 30, 2016, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goojah
It shouldn't be an issue. At least on the version I have, the only difference between the top and bottom are hole positions, and the large square cut out in the top to allow access to the FC. I initially received mine with two top plates, and didn't know. Just wondered why the holes on the bottom didn't fit things like the battery tray. I now have two top plate and a bottom plate and have custom drilled quite a bit for my needs. FYI two top plates give allot of stability to the arms. OMGFLY was supposed to send me another bottom plate but is flaking on responding to my emails.
Hi

Of OMG I also received 2 upper plates. But the bottom of the battery, which is supposed to be the longest, too.

Only one of the upper ones matches the holes. I think they got confused in a consignment and added the two plates.
Nov 30, 2016, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_kelly
Hi Mike, would you mind sharing the PID settings from your build? Thanks
Nov 30, 2016, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plzdntkillme
Yeah, would love to look into it also for reference.

Nov 30, 2016, 10:16 PM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by plzdntkillme
I have built 10 quads and hex with Pixhawks and never had to tune any of them. They are all stock. But I am meticulous about balancing them. Actually I did have to tune the X8 250 zmr but it was a weird little beast.

Also none of the are racing quads so I don't need or would not notice performance issues that a racer might hate. Mine are camera ships and I want them to be stable and predictable.
Dec 01, 2016, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Hi

Of OMG I also received 2 upper plates. But the bottom of the battery, which is supposed to be the longest, too.

Only one of the upper ones matches the holes. I think they got confused in a consignment and added the two plates.
Interesting to note. Yeah I flew mine with the two upper plates for awhile with no issues other than PITA mountings. Eventually
I asked them for the correct lower plate and they sent it after a bit of back and forth. In reality this would be one of the easiest
frames to clone on your own since you just need two plates made from whatever material you like and then the tarot hardware,
and some standoff's/screws. It is a great frame, but hardly worth the price OMG and others charge.

Quick Reply