Oct 06, 2014, 06:16 AM
Hmmmm, reading this thread and wonder if I need to buy a lever?
Bought this on line last night....
http://www.banggood.com/Walkera-G-2D...-p-920780.html
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2014, 06:55 AM
yes
Oct 06, 2014, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robindb
yes
Thanks!
Oct 15, 2014, 12:15 PM
Growing airport

Battery Life with Walkera G2-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwalshco
While we're on the subject...

Had my Phantom out twice with the Walkera gimbal, 8 total battery changes --
and it seems these things (or maybe just mine) is eating a lot of battery power.
Cut my flight time at least 3 minutes, and that's compared to a cheaper, heavier, $60 ebay gimbal I've got.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?
Yes, I notice the same thing. Nothing too big for me (I mean, c'mon, a $119 gimbal that does everything I wanted? )

3 Minutes sounds about right.
Oct 15, 2014, 12:21 PM
Growing airport
Also, I was noticing that the gains were too high on the naza for pitch control. This meant that when I moved forward or backwards, the stabilization action for pitch went farther than just "stabilizing".. If that made any sense. In other words, when I moved back, the camera tilted on its own so much it seemed it was pointed down.

The fix was to go to the gimbal section on the naza assistant software and set the pitch gain to "0". It was set at 2.00 for me. I left roll alone.
Nov 09, 2014, 07:24 PM
i have the white wire still attached, all works well except for pitch. NOTHING when i move the lever or the dial manually. frustrating...I have moved naza settings and altered stuff, but still no luck.

any ideas/thoughts?
Nov 09, 2014, 07:48 PM
Growing airport
Did you make sure switch is on "1"? Play with "V1" pot on the gimbal and gains on the NAZA software. Also make sure gimbal control is enabled on Naza software, the single pitch cable is connected to bottom pin of F2 port on FC, and finally verify that same pitch cable is connected to the right-most pin of pitch on gimbal control board. See http://blog.vknuckles.net/walkera-g-2d-pitch-control-on-a-dji-phantom-1-fc40/ => that's my setup
Nov 10, 2014, 12:51 AM
Yes to what Yeo says
Dec 05, 2014, 08:14 AM

Calibrating pitch control in NAZA software

The clearest explanation I found of the NAZA calibration process was in "How to Fit Gimbal Tilt Control Lever to Phantom Transmitter Controller TX", a video by Marionville Hobbies (UK) at <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f33X7N7MiE>.

I used the procedure in the video to install a Walkera G-2D on my FC40 and calibrate the tilt lever. Prior to the installation, I was trying to imagine how the control lever's tiny arc of adjustment would translate to the gimbal's full range of motion. Of course, once you understand how NAZA calibration works, the answer is obvious. But for NAZA noobies who are trying to learn what to anticipate, I'd like to offer a few pointers.

1) Prior to calibration in NAZA, my gimbal pointed straight up and did not respond to the lever at all, as described in many forums. You MUST calibrate the gimbal in NAZA on the RC tab in the Basic area before it will function. If you previously calibrated your joysticks on this screen, just calibrate the X1 parameter - no need to recalibrate the joysticks.

2) After you have completed the calibration procedure, the lever's limited range of physical motion is seen in NAZA as the FULL RANGE of the gimbal. So, after you calibrate and click "Finish", moving the lever from side to side will move the gimbal through its full range of motion.

3) On my installation the "Center" setting on the Gimbal screen had no effect. But I was able to set the gimbal's center position by returning to the calibration screen, recalibrating, and then moving the cursor one unit (or as needed) in the required direction before clicking "Finish".

4) After calibration, the upper and lower limits of travel can be set by trial and error in the gimbal window without disturbing the calibration.

5) The few instruction videos I found for using the OEM FC40 camera on a gimbal mentioned the need to match the weight of the GoPro3 for which most gimbals are made. A GoPro3 weighs 78g, while the OEM camera weighs only 38g. Using Velcro, I attached a 9v battery (with the terminals snipped off and wrapped in electrical tape) to the right side of the bracket (facing the front of the FC40), with the camera flush with it on the left and hanging off slightly. At a little more than 40g, the battery was the correct weight and width to provide an almost perfect balance. The gimbal now works great!

The picture shows my Walkera installation. I used 5/16 slices of PVC plumbing pipe, attached with nylon straps, to improve ground clearance. They're very rigid and light in weight, and I did not have to fiddle with the compass sensor.
Last edited by Procky; Dec 05, 2014 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Remove unwanted resolve of url, augmented text
Jan 08, 2015, 08:04 AM
hi i just brought a qrx350 pro fpv with the gimbal now when i plug it all in and adjust the v1 pot like it says then play with aux 2 knob the gimbal freaks out any help thanks
Jan 08, 2015, 11:59 AM
Hi, pa2pla. You didn't say what camera you're using. When I completed the installation on my FC40 and installed the FC40 camera, the gimbal oscillated wildly until I added enough weight to match a GoPro camera - then the problem disappeared and it worked perfectly. Maybe that's causing your problem. The FC30's camera weighs only 38 gms, while the GoPro-3 is 78 gms and the Hero-2 is 100 gms. A 9v battery provided about the right ballast.
Jan 08, 2015, 12:27 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwalshco
While we're on the subject...

Had my Phantom out twice with the Walkera gimbal, 8 total battery changes --
and it seems these things (or maybe just mine) is eating a lot of battery power.
Cut my flight time at least 3 minutes, and that's compared to a cheaper, heavier, $60 ebay gimbal I've got.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?
What props are you using? That could affect your flight time.
Jan 08, 2015, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Procky
Hi, pa2pla. You didn't say what camera you're using. When I completed the installation on my FC40 and installed the FC40 camera, the gimbal oscillated wildly until I added enough weight to match a GoPro camera - then the problem disappeared and it worked perfectly. Maybe that's causing your problem. The FC30's camera weighs only 38 gms, while the GoPro-3 is 78 gms and the Hero-2 is 100 gms. A 9v battery provided about the right ballast.
hi Procky its just the i look that came with it and where abouts did you add the weight?
Jan 09, 2015, 02:17 PM
Hi there,

I have a x450 quadcopter.Instead I use a I look camera. I just bought the Walkera G2D gimbal. And my transmitter is frsky taranis .

Does someone have a step by step guide how to install/configure this gimbal on the Naza m lite and my transmitter?

Hope to hear from you guys
Last edited by shahriar338; Jan 09, 2015 at 02:33 PM.
Jan 12, 2015, 12:58 AM
hi this is my problem TIA

20150112 134319 (0 min 23 sec)

Quick Reply