Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Walkera QR X350 Pro FPV Quadcopter

This quad comes ready for FPV video right out of the box.

Splash

The Walkera QR X350 Pro has everything you need to fly FPV video without the hassle.

I have to admit I like my quads. I have tiny quads and big quads. When I got serious about shooting video from a multirotor platform the first thing I added was a good camera. After that I needed a gimbal for smooth shots. Then I added my FPV gear. The real trick was getting everything to work together. This is where the new Walkera QR X350 Pro comes in. It has everything you need for aerial photography in one box.

Walkera QR X350 Pro FPV - RCGroups.com (18 min 48 sec)

Here are the highlights:

• GPS control system
  • Brushless gimbal
  • iLook video camera
  • Video transmitter
  • Devo F7 TX with built in video rx and screen
  • Failsafe and Return to Home
  • Heading Hold
  • High Capacity Lipo (5200mAH Lipo)
  • Low voltage protection
  • Balance charger
  • Almost ready to fly

Just to drive the point home one more time this unit literally comes with everything you need to shoot video from a quadcopter as well as fly FPV. The screen on the TX is pretty small so I would suggest adding some FPV goggles or a monitor for real FPV flying. The fact that all the components are made for this quad is pretty slick.

The cost for everything that was in the package I received is $899. The prop guards are $12.90 and an extra battery is $66.

The QR X350 Pro

Specs:

• Modes: Manual, Position Hold, RTL, IOC
  • Length: 289mm
  • Width: 289mm
  • Height: 180mm
  • Main Rotor Diameter: 556mm
  • Main Rotor Blade Length: 206mm
  • Main Motor Size: WK-WS-28-008A
  • Battery: 11.1V 5200mAh
  • Approx Flight Time: 9-11 min
  • Channels: 5 and up
  • Rotor Type: Quad-Copter
  • Experience Level: Intermediate
  • Completion Level: RTF/BNF

For a full review on the QR X350 quad and setup go here.

The Battery

I was happy to see that this unit was made for a large lipo. It shipped with a 5200 mAH. With the gimbal and camera on board I was getting flight times of around 9 to 11 minutes.

Specs:

• Capacity: 5200mAh
  • Voltage: 3S2P / 3 Cell / 11.1V
  • Discharge: 10C constant
  • Weight: 317g (including wire, plug & case)
  • Dimensions: 103x33.5x41.5mm
  • Balance Plug: JST-XH
  • Discharge Plug: HXT 3.5mm

The G-2D Gimbal

I have to say that right out of the box this gimbal worked great. No stuttering or any issues on my unit so far. This gimbal was designed for the GoPro 3. The iLook is the same size and fits perfectly. There is enough clearance for wires and I can also insert the micro SD card while the camera is mounted in the gimbal. There is a control unit that also comes with the package. You can adjust your title angle with a screw driver from this unit. I was impressed.

The quads legs are long enough to keep the cam and gimbal off the ground but if you are in grass it will push the camera up. Once you are off the ground everything is fine.

Walkera new product G-2D Short manual and setting (3 min 1 sec)

Specs:

• Fits the GoPro 3 and iLook
  • Maximum anular rate - 2,000 Deg/ SEC
  • Maximum acceleration - 16g
  • Control freq - 1,000 Hz
  • Accuracy - 0.1 deg
  • Control Range - 45℃~45℃
  • Dimensions - (4.33 x 3.74 x 2.95)" / (11 x 9.5 x 7.5)cm (L x W x H)
  • Weight - 9.24 oz / 262 g

The ILook Camera

The iLook is a GoPro sized camera. The interesting thing about the iLook is that is has a built in 5.8 video TX. To activate the camera you simply press the button on top. The blue light pulses to indicate recording is taking place. You record your video with a micro SD card (not included).

While this camera has a decent resolution the thing that excites me is being able to use it on other FPV applications. It can act as an FPV cam, record and transmit video in one package. Couple it with the gimbal and this would work well on winged FPV craft as well.

Specs

• Video Resolution - 1280x720P
  • Photo resolution - 1,000,000 pixels
  • Micro SD slot (can use 32 gig cards)
  • 30 FPS
  • Video Format - AVI
  • 5.8 video TX
  • FCC output power 200mW
  • CE output power 25mW
  • 4 channels
  • Accepts 7V to 15V power input
  • Weight: 125g

The Devo F7 TX

The Devo F7 is a 2.4 direct sequence spread spectrum transmitter that also has a 5.8 video receiver built in. The big feature is the 3.5 inch screen that receives video from the camera on the QR X350. I also liked that it comes with a lipo battery and charger. There is even an OSD that gives you some critical info.

You can tilt the iLook camera with the Aux 2 knob right out of the box.

Specs:

• 2.4 DSSS and 5.8 rx
  • Automatic ID binding and ID assignment
  • Wireless trainer mode
  • 15 model memory
  • Adjustable gyro sensitivity
  • 3.5 inch LCD for setup and 5.8 video
  • Works with multiple modes
  • Output power is 100mW

Here is a great video on the QR X350 Pro from Walkera:

Walkera QR X350 PRO w DEVO F7 Quick Start Guideline. (4 min 18 sec)

Flying

The QR X350 was authoritative. The manual mode is close to an attitude mode but it doesn't hold it's position when you neutralize the sticks. Some pilots might like that and for shooting video. I think it works fine for an experienced multirotor pilot. The hold mode worked for me sometimes and occasionally it didn't work. It flies a little loose but fine over all. It flew well in my confined creek area. I felt most secure in the manual mode.

Conclusion

If you are looking for a single FPV/aerial photography package that has everything this is it. If you add a monitor or FPV googles to the mix you will have a pretty robust video and FPV platform. I have flown this unit in many different locations and feel secure with it. I did note a few things. When the left green light indicates the battery is low, land the quad. I also had an issue with the rubber feet coming off. I added a dab of Gorilla Glue and that solved that problem. The rubber feet actually absorb a good deal of shock during harsh landings. I was happy with my pretty consistant 10 minute flight times. The motors were pretty hot at that point and the battery was warm as well. I also have had a few hard landings and the landing gear held up well. My favorite part of this package is the gimbal and camera. I like that they are powered from the quad and that everything is plug and play. Putting my first quad together and figuring out where to order the right FPV components took some time and research. The beauty in this package is everything is there and done for you. It could not be any simpler.

Learn more about the Walkera QR X350 here.

May 19, 2014, 09:29 PM
Toss, Fly and Flip a Walkera X350 Pro DroneCode Quadcopter ! (5 min 19 sec)

review.. with the iLook+ 1080p
iLook+ 1080p FPV Camera Video TX. Walkera QR X350 Pro RTL Devo F7 (4 min 16 sec)
Last edited by surfrc; Dec 09, 2014 at 01:24 PM.
May 20, 2014, 08:33 PM
I feel the need for speed
Jim, you got to have Jason flick it around without the camera and gimbal mounted. It is capable of much more speed and maneuverability. Also, I noticed the props provided are not the newer props, but appear to be the original QR X350 props. The new props are supposed to be a 9 inch better performing prop. Nice review though, its refreshing to get the viewpoint of someone that has less quad experience, to provide the prospective of many buyers.
May 21, 2014, 08:53 AM
Admin Deluxe
We wanted to fly it the way it was shipped. I think that's the special aspect of this setup, it has everything it needs in the box (gimbal, camera, vid tx). Thanks for the post!
May 25, 2014, 02:27 PM
Hello , I have a brand new Qr x350 pro , the RX07 binds but the green light (lft) still flashes brightly , it did bind the first time and flew , then it landed a bit heavy , (not crashed) and now only RX07 red light solid , but green flashing .... any genius out there with an idea of what to do ? (before it gets a hammer to it ) Lol
Many thanks
May 26, 2014, 10:05 PM
Admin Deluxe
Is your tx battery fully charged?
May 27, 2014, 02:03 PM
Yes both charged thanks , I just do not understand how it flew then landed then lost bind , although red light on RX07 is constant , tried turn one on then the other , both ways , tried taking it outside for GPS to pick up , tried unlock motors but no bind so that won't work .....
May 28, 2014, 04:50 PM
I feel the need for speed
Its possibly a defective rx. I had a x350 that every time I unplugged, I had to rebind the reciever becuase it would flash no radio detected. Replaced receiver, now no problems. Mind you, was not Walkera radio or receiver, but thought problem was with quad until I found the fix. Worth a try.
Jun 01, 2014, 07:28 AM
I got my qr x350 pro deluxe edition at http://goo.gl/evLel7 with aluminum box and the upgraded 5400mAh battery. Yes, the ilook camera & G-2D gimbal are working like a charm! What I suggest now is to buy more batteries if you would like to have fun outside with the kids. battery is the magazine of quadcopter, very much compulsory.
Jun 04, 2014, 05:04 AM
Hey guys,
My first time here. I have been doing my research as to my next purchase and i have come down to a choice between the DJI phantom 2 and the Walkera 350 pro. Preference is the phantom But i cannot justify the cost, especially battery prices are a rip off so, considering i will need spare batteries and blades. My decision is made and im going with the walkera 350pro. So in all, I will have saved around $300.00 just on the complete unit and an extra 120.00 on batteries over the DJI Phantom 2.
Easy decision really considering its possible to loose one.
BUT I will wait a bit longer as I was told by a retail seller here in Austraiia that the good news is that they are about to release a 3D gimbal for the 350 pro. So if your looking to buy one....wait a couple of weeks and you will have a fantastic setup.
Last edited by cokeaddict; Jun 04, 2014 at 05:23 AM.
Jun 23, 2014, 10:44 AM
Yeah keep on waiting and you'll never buy anything
Theres always another newer version about to be released.
You might as well buy the base QR-X350 version so at least you have something to fly can always buy the gimble later.
Aug 29, 2014, 11:13 AM

3D Gimbal on QR X350 Pro

I'm new on these things of multicopters but I'm wondering why spend money in a 3D gimbal if this quad as the landing legs are fixed to his body.
I think that a 3D gimbal is perfect for his job with a retractable landing system.
Only tilting the cam down we can have a clear video without the annoing legs on it. This is my point of view.
Tha same 3D effect can be done gently with the rudder stick.
Oct 09, 2014, 03:49 PM
can I use 4 channel transmitter e.g. devo f4 on this quadcopter?
Oct 17, 2014, 02:55 PM
I just took delivery of a pro F7. my controller just has blue screen and does not show video and the iLook when connected just points straight up 90 degrees? Very frustrated! I am very new to flying and have no clue with settings on the controller. Can i get a file that will set all the settings?
Oct 23, 2014, 03:40 PM
check the white wires to the gimble are connected to the back three pins on the gimble.

check the aux 2 switch is moved to the 12 oclock position.

picture try removing and refitting the antenna on the side of the camera.

check the video is switched on in the transmitter settings

Quick Reply