May 06, 2014, 10:47 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

WLToys WL911 boat problem, thrust cutting out randomly, please help.

I recently bought a wltoys wl911 from ujtoys.com! My problem is it does not work correctly. It seems as if the boats motor is losing connection with the tx or not getting the signal from the tx 100% of the time. One minute it is going fine, next second just dies and the motor will not respond. Adventually it starts going again but is not consistent at all. I'm afraid its going to be in the middle of a lake and stop responding. It appears the rudder always will work correctly but the motor or thrust is hit and miss. Any ideas on what I can do to try to repair this? It seems ujtoys is going to do nothing, they asked for the order number about 5 days ago and haven't written back and won't respond to anymore emails. Please help, thanks.
Last edited by David Heggood; May 07, 2014 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Edited topic to more detail because no one has replied with any ideas.
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2014, 01:19 PM
Thread OP
Can anyone explain how to disable the safety feature that keeps prop from turning until its in the water? Thats the first idea I have to try, thanks for any and all responses.
May 08, 2014, 03:22 PM
Thread OP
Problem solved. I bypassed the safety feature for the prop to not spin when not in water and that did the trick. Thanks for reading, hopefully this will help someone in the future, I love my wl911 and wl912, they are cool budget friendly rc boats .
Sep 17, 2014, 11:17 PM
Hi, I have the same problem too even after I bypass the safety feature. I have the same problem. After a full throttle for few second the motor went dead. after disconnect and connect the battery, the motor start working properlly again. Any idea why?
Sep 18, 2014, 09:53 AM
Kid at heart..
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliank
Hi, I have the same problem too even after I bypass the safety feature. I have the same problem. After a full throttle for few second the motor went dead. after disconnect and connect the battery, the motor start working properlly again. Any idea why?
Check to make sure your battery is good.
Sep 27, 2014, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangtheman
Check to make sure your battery is good.
"The battery" in most cases means "the battery, and all of the wiring and connections into wherever it is going".
Oct 29, 2014, 11:02 AM
I got this boat a month ago. Had trouble with throttle also. Extremely intermittent while right side up. Works great upside down. I did the by pass by soldering the thicker red and black wire together.

Inspecting the channel that leads water from the bottom of the boat to get the bottom wires wet (short) seems to be a bad design. An air bubble within that channel can absolutely keep water from coming in and doing its work. I could force a drop of water into that channel to get the boat going but if an air bubble should develop again from flipping or bouncing on waves and you'll be stuck in the water.
Nov 05, 2014, 04:15 AM
Hitesh
Hello! I have wl911 rc boat , but problem is boat speed is normal with 100% full throttle ( this rc boat use only 4 time after face speed problem, boat was perfect work)
so any idea how to solve this problem?
* I check all joint part but all part is good.
Feb 23, 2015, 09:20 AM
Hitesh

WL911 RC Boat related problem

problem solved

If anyone have a WL911 RC Boat related problem, tell me about problem i help you best try.
Aug 12, 2015, 02:40 PM
Hi there I have a similar problem, can you help me fix it?
Dec 14, 2015, 11:38 AM

Battery charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitesh kher
problem solved

If anyone have a WL911 RC Boat related problem, tell me about problem i help you best try.
Hi my wl912 was working fine. Just had to replace to repeller. Now when i plug the battery into the charger the red light now flashes red inside of the consist red glow? It seems its not charging? Had it on charge for about teo hours and nothing?

Quick Reply