May 06, 2014, 03:48 PM
Thread OP
Question

FrSky TFR6 7 Channel Receiver VS Futaba R617FS Receiver

Can anyone tell me why that the FrSky TFR6 7 Channel Receiver is cheaper to buy than the Futaba R617FS and both are 7 channel. Has anyone had experience with the FrSky Receivers that are compatible with the Futaba FASST system?

Thanks in advance
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2014, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhope
Can anyone tell me why that the FrSky TFR6 7 Channel Receiver is cheaper to buy than the Futaba R617FS and both are 7 channel. Has anyone had experience with the FrSky Receivers that are compatible with the Futaba FASST system?

Thanks in advance
Because putting the name "FUTABA" on a receiver (or transmitter for that matter) automatically makes it worth 3 times more than a product with the name "FRSKY" on it. FUTABA said so!! Seriously though, I have been using both for 2 years now and I can perceive no difference in either receiver. As a matter of fact there are several others in my club who also use them and are quite happy with the FRsky receiver. The range is just as good as Futaba for all practicle purposes, as far out as we can see. we fly large and giant scale aircraft. No FPV however, so I cannot speak on total extreme range.
May 08, 2014, 01:21 AM
S.A.D. member
The TFR6 is smaller than the R617FS. Other than that they perform pretty much the same.

Quick Reply