May 14, 2014, 11:04 AM
masterless samurai
oh just sell this thing already!!!! lol
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2014, 11:21 AM
Coaxial to CP? *shrugs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by panyator
Oups sorry, I missed this one! Looks like the clearance are about 2~3mm between the props and standoff...
Quote:
Originally Posted by drclawscat
Yes, if you need more clearance the geometry can be adjusted a few degrees! The aligned geometry shown is 49 and 260mm mtm extended as designed. The inner arm edge is perfectly parallel to the Winglet there. For more center clearance you can run 50+
Yeah, I noticed that as well...

Seems like that clearance might be an issue with the prop wash passing by the standoff??

Rob, would you mind posting a picture with the adjustments made for the 6" props to achieve max clearance? I'd be curious to see that, as I'm sure others would as well. Also, I'm sure your testing will show if the tight tolerances will have any adverse affects on flight characteristics. I look forward to hearing all about it. Thanks!

-Shane
May 14, 2014, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.ronin
oh just sell this thing already!!!! lol
What he said
May 14, 2014, 02:22 PM
take me to your leade.r
The suspense is more exhausting than building
May 14, 2014, 02:25 PM
masterless samurai
In fairness, I am glad these guys are putting as much QC into this thing as is evident. I guess from a frame developers standpoint you gotta balance it right? On one hand it helps to let the buying audience know that there's a lot of work being put into making sure everything is buttoned up tight. CLEARLY a lot of thought went into this - there's a friggin window for the lipo monitor for cryin out loud LOL!! But on the other hand, there's the desensitization of anticipation as a result of the wait.

Sorry just thinking aloud. So when can I buy this? LOL JK!!
May 14, 2014, 03:24 PM
Need more props..........
I'm enjoying the suspense in a masochistic kind of way. Its like a drawn out Christmas eve.

Keep the updates and pictures coming!!!
May 15, 2014, 01:35 AM
quit crying start flying
Thread OP
G10 shots, sorry pressed for time and Rob's not feeling well, we will try to get to your questions asap. Just know we're making good progress and moving forward as planned. ~drclawscat
May 15, 2014, 01:54 AM
I like Spinning things
Quote:
Originally Posted by panyator
Oups sorry, I missed this one! Looks like the clearance are about 2~3mm between the props and standoff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneXman
Yeah, I noticed that as well...

Seems like that clearance might be an issue with the prop wash passing by the standoff??

Rob, would you mind posting a picture with the adjustments made for the 6" props to achieve max clearance? I'd be curious to see that, as I'm sure others would as well. Also, I'm sure your testing will show if the tight tolerances will have any adverse affects on flight characteristics. I look forward to hearing all about it. Thanks!

-Shane
W/ 6" @ intended geometry it's 4.5mm from the standoff at it's closest point (edge of wingtip to closest point of standoff), you can get up to 8.5mm clearance by adjusting geometry. Prop wash shouldn't be an issue with the profile shape of the arms and the clearances. Half of the mini frames out there mount the esc's on the arm right under the wingtip.
May 15, 2014, 02:03 AM
I like Spinning things
Quote:
Originally Posted by starvinmrvn
The suspense is more exhausting than building
tell me about it!! whew I'm exhausted

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.ronin
In fairness, I am glad these guys are putting as much QC into this thing as is evident. I guess from a frame developers standpoint you gotta balance it right? On one hand it helps to let the buying audience know that there's a lot of work being put into making sure everything is buttoned up tight. CLEARLY a lot of thought went into this - there's a friggin window for the lipo monitor for cryin out loud LOL!! But on the other hand, there's the desensitization of anticipation as a result of the wait.

Sorry just thinking aloud. So when can I buy this? LOL JK!!
Ronin, thanks for your unwavering support so far and understanding. Moving as quickly as we can to get you the alarm clock window. j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Grande
I'm enjoying the suspense in a masochistic kind of way. Its like a drawn out Christmas eve.

Keep the updates and pictures coming!!!
You got the right idea Oso
May 15, 2014, 10:36 AM
Coaxial to CP? *shrugs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by drclawscat
W/ 6" @ intended geometry it's 4.5mm from the standoff at it's closest point (edge of wingtip to closest point of standoff), you can get up to 8.5mm clearance by adjusting geometry. Prop wash shouldn't be an issue with the profile shape of the arms and the clearances. Half of the mini frames out there mount the esc's on the arm right under the wingtip.
Rob,

Thank you for this bit of information! You guys are doing a bang up job, and I can't wait to get my hands on the Nemesis. Keep up the good work!

-Shane
May 15, 2014, 11:27 AM
take me to your leade.r
haha. I think I like the Matt Black G10 just as much as the Carbon Fiber. its awesome to have a choice in material.
May 15, 2014, 11:42 AM
mhx
mhx
which is stronger?
May 15, 2014, 11:53 AM
Bayaerialheli

Hey buddy love the frame
Last edited by zackthrills; May 15, 2014 at 01:43 PM.
May 15, 2014, 01:26 PM
dry your eyes and go fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackthrills
Bayaerialheli

Hey buddy Zachary Buendia with Tampa Florida Multirotors. I like ur new frame and as u can tell im very active and I am also a sponsored pilot. I'm writing you as I would like to test ur new frame out and do a review. Is this possible that we can get a frame for a flight review? Please letmn contact me at 813-210-6155 Zachary B.My plan is to set this up on 4d#$ ok?reaŕ
Hey Zachary who did you get sponsored by ? is this you flying ?
qav 250 4S three blade props (3 min 8 sec)
May 15, 2014, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareaheli
G10 shots, sorry pressed for time and Rob's not feeling well, we will try to get to your questions asap. Just know we're making good progress and moving forward as planned. ~drclawscat
Drooling over the pictures....
Last edited by rscofield; May 15, 2014 at 02:51 PM.

Quick Reply