Drones Banned At Yosemite - RC Groups
May 03, 2014, 05:53 PM
Discussion

Drones Banned At Yosemite

We all knew this was coming:

http://http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/california/Drones-Banned-at-Yosemite-Park-Service-Says-257744211.html
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2014, 06:07 PM
OMG! Why won't they rather ban something else?
Last edited by toshik1; May 10, 2014 at 09:44 AM.
May 03, 2014, 06:14 PM
I was under the impression flying anything r/c in a National Park was already largely forbidden, but one could get permission/permits if they went through the proper channels.
May 03, 2014, 06:35 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Yep we knew it was coming. Yosemite is one of my favorite places on the planet, it would've been nice to get some aerial video there but I understand the reason for the band and it's necessity.
Pretty soon this will happen everywhere that is worth filming. And will only be able to fly in our own backyards. And even that might get taken away from us at some point.
Dave
Latest blog entry: Carbon Fiber Bird
May 03, 2014, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshik1
OMG! Why won't they rather ban same-sex couples kissing in public so my 4-years old does not see it?
Wow, really? How about keeping those kinds of opinions to yourself and not in an R/C forum. I find that comment horribly offensive.
Latest blog entry: DJI Mavic Flight Mode Tests
May 03, 2014, 06:44 PM
Quote:
OMG! Why won't they rather ban same-sex couples kissing in public so my 4-years old does not see it?
You are joking, right?
May 03, 2014, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan87
You are joking, right?
I'm calling Poe.
May 03, 2014, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGarrison
Wow, really? How about keeping those kinds of opinions to yourself and not in an R/C forum. I find that comment horribly offensive.
Me too. It's slightly off topics, however If you don't agree ask your priest's opinion.
May 03, 2014, 07:53 PM
** Deleted my own comment as not being appropriate to this thread **
Last edited by KGarrison; May 03, 2014 at 08:05 PM.
May 03, 2014, 08:15 PM
FPV Pilot
RC anything in a national park is prohibitted.
May 04, 2014, 12:50 AM
quadiger
I'm not too surprised. This is the start of things to come.

Quote:
Me too. It's slightly off topics, however If you don't agree ask your priest's opinion.
maybe go change churches as not all of them follow a hateful rendition of your religion.
May 04, 2014, 01:22 AM
I also am not surprised they made it an official policy. If you read it, it is about noise pollution not safety which I completely agree with at a certain level. Who wants the peaceful nature of a park like that to be filled with the sound of multi's swarming all over? Do you want your vacation pics of the most popular waterfalls, geysers, and other popular spots to all have drones in them? As much as I would like to fly there myself, I wouldn't want my vacation interrupted.
May 04, 2014, 01:58 AM
Part 107 Certified
I live near Yosemite. All flights (RC and Fullsize) over the park have been banned for as long as I have been living here (10+ years). It's not a new thing at all.
May 04, 2014, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG Photo
I live near Yosemite. All flights (RC and Fullsize) over the park have been banned for as long as I have been living here (10+ years). It's not a new thing at all.
That's what I thought. I think this was probably done because a lot of people have been trying to do it lately and they needed to make an announcement about it.
May 04, 2014, 06:47 AM
Childlike Activity for Adults
It's unfortunate that a lot of individuals, once they come into possession of a RC multi-rotor aircraft and especially one equipped with video seem to think that they, now entitled as owner/operators can fly (if they really can fly) their aircraft anywhere they want irregardless of pre-existing rules and regulations. It is incumbent on all O/O's old and new to know the areas they intend to fly over. Commonsense and responsible flying should be guiding principles. Even if one does not belong to the AMA, its guidelines are pretty decent guidelines to follow and if followed should keep the O/O out of trouble. Just my $.02 USD

Irresponsible O/O's have, are, and will be a good part of the reason for the pending regulation of our hobby and industry that is coming sooner rather than later and that no one really wants.