slow stick x trainer newbe - RC Groups
May 03, 2014, 01:48 PM
Discussion

slow stick x trainer newbe

Good afternoon all,
Im building my first slow stick x trainer. I have read the instructions for the control throws. I want to make sure I get this correct. " Beginners should set controls to 50% of the maximum possible or 25 degrees for ailerons and elevator and max for rudder. " My question is is this 25 degrees up and 25 degrees down or is it 12.5 degrees up and 12.5 degrees down for a sum total of 25 degrees. Im teaching my son to fly on a buddy box.. What would be a good throw setting for a smooth easy to fly plane. I will turn it up later as he get more familiar with the plane.. Thanks in advance for any help...
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2014, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis jones
Good afternoon all,
Im building my first slow stick x trainer. I have read the instructions for the control throws. I want to make sure I get this correct. " Beginners should set controls to 50% of the maximum possible or 25 degrees for ailerons and elevator and max for rudder. " My question is is this 25 degrees up and 25 degrees down or is it 12.5 degrees up and 12.5 degrees down for a sum total of 25 degrees. Im teaching my son to fly on a buddy box.. What would be a good throw setting for a smooth easy to fly plane. I will turn it up later as he get more familiar with the plane.. Thanks in advance for any help...
The measurement is for total movement.