This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 01, 2014, 10:05 AM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Revisiting the Walkera Infra X quad

Between the wild little Proto X and my larger quads, one former review sample was spending far too much time in the box.

I had the pleasure of reviewing the Walkera Infra X here on RCG on behalf of Nitroplanes.com in November 2013, almost six months to the day from this entry. In what seems to be typical Walkera fashion, the little quad is a mix of affordability, really good ideas and really bizarre engineering shortcuts. The infrared and ultrasonic sensors which are supposed to help the Infra X avoid obstacles simply don't work as well as they should. With the sensors shut off (and they've remained shut off ever since the review), it remains a great flying quad thanks to its six-axis gyro.

In the review, I promised that I'd buy some batteries and last month, I did just that. They're dirt cheap; I don't know why I didn't buy some sooner! I've dusted it off and I've had a great time with it, even indoors. One of the few "unscheduled landings" it's had and which was made shortly after the review was published resulted in a broken landing leg which I repaired with some Pacer Plasti-Zap. Good as new and if need be, I have a spare motor assembly or two on hand. I'm still flying on the original props, for that matter.

As for the sensors, they're still switched off.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply