Thread Tools
Apr 27, 2014, 08:37 PM
Registered User
rhardy60's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

HK Quanum Aquaholic rc boat flex shaft


I've a HK Quanum Aquaholic rc boat and I've gone threw 2 flex drives , I'm running 3&4s batteries , the problem is the end that goes into Coupler comes unraveled , any idea's how to solve this ? I've tried soldering the one end but can't get the solder to stick even after cleaning it . Hears some pictures of the last flex shaft . the stuffing liner got so hot it went to the end of the shaft , I always use marine grease on the shaft after every 3 to 4 runs .
Last edited by rhardy60; Apr 28, 2014 at 10:57 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 29, 2014, 08:34 AM
Registered User
rhardy60's Avatar
Thread OP
40+ people had looked and no one has any ideas how to solve this problem , go figure .
Apr 29, 2014, 09:14 AM
Closed Account

flex


Looks like the cable is the wrong wind or the problem is at the strut area and binding. What size is cable.?
Apr 29, 2014, 09:49 AM
Registered User
rhardy60's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Manning
Looks like the cable is the wrong wind or the problem is at the strut area and binding. What size is cable.?
3mm with a 4mm prop shaft and it's the right flex cable , had same problem with the original shaft , come unwound at the coupler .??????????
Apr 29, 2014, 11:50 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Hi rhardy60,

Most likely your flex issues are from the grubscrews in the stock coupler, which slowly, but surely deform the flex, making it unravel at some point.

You'll need a collet style coupler like this:
http://www.horracing.com/product_inf...roducts_id=398
Not knowing the shaft size of the motor, the coupler in the link is just an example, you'll need one with the correct shaft sizes (both motor- and flex shaft).

Regards, Jan.
Apr 29, 2014, 01:40 PM
Registered User
rhardy60's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompebled
Hi rhardy60,

Most likely your flex issues are from the grubscrews in the stock coupler, which slowly, but surely deform the flex, making it unravel at some point.

You'll need a collet style coupler like this:
http://www.horracing.com/product_inf...roducts_id=398
Not knowing the shaft size of the motor, the coupler in the link is just an example, you'll need one with the correct shaft sizes (both motor- and flex shaft).

Regards, Jan.
The motor shaft is 5mm and the cable is 3mm but the coupler is just under a 1" can't find anything that small . But that's what i was trying to find . Thanks for all the help . Have 2 new shafts going .
Apr 29, 2014, 02:05 PM
Closed Account

flex


Go to SicRC boat mods. he made me some odd sizes Down Under. He frequent RCGroups on small jet boats.
Last edited by Dennis Manning; Apr 29, 2014 at 02:11 PM.
Apr 29, 2014, 02:17 PM
Closed Account

flex


I just check out SicRC site and see he can do 5mm to 3.18 but he also has a drill bit to do 3mm and other small sizes. Scroll down.
Apr 29, 2014, 02:31 PM
Registered User
rhardy60's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Manning
I just check out SicRC site and see he can do 5mm to 3.18 but he also has a drill bit to do 3mm and other small sizes. Scroll down.
I trying finding SicRC site and came up with ebay ? can you tell me where to look ? Thanks
Apr 29, 2014, 04:17 PM
Boaters are nice people.
OSE has the right size, but is longer than 1":
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=ose-81505

Is shortening the stuffing tube and flexshaft an option?

Regards, Jan.
Apr 29, 2014, 04:34 PM
Closed Account

flex


MR. Pompebled came up with the answer, closer to home. SicRC boat mods, just scroll down a little.
Apr 29, 2014, 05:20 PM
Registered User
rhardy60's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompebled
OSE has the right size, but is longer than 1":
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=ose-81505

Is shortening the stuffing tube and flexshaft an option?

Regards, Jan.
Thanks , I think i can make that work , gong to take things apart soon . I know thing are going to be tight .
Apr 29, 2014, 05:32 PM
Registered User
rhardy60's Avatar
Thread OP
Thanks to everyone who's trying to help .
Apr 29, 2014, 09:56 PM
Closed Account

flex


I went to HK site and looked at the boat. The space between coupler end and stuffing tube should be 1/2" . You'll be alright
Apr 29, 2014, 10:20 PM
Registered User
rhardy60's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Manning
I went to HK site and looked at the boat. The space between coupler end and stuffing tube should be 1/2" . You'll be alright
I plan on putting spacer behind the motor if i have to , to give a little more room . But i think it well work out .


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools