Mar 30, 2004, 10:50 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Thread OP

Guillows Space Shuttle FF foamie help

Hi guys,
There's a thread going on in FOAMIES regarding the small foam free flight Guillows Space Shuttle but I thought that you folks would be the ones to really have the best advice on powering the model. The post below is my observations on the FF model. It is solid foam with a WS of 10 inches (254mm) and length of 12 inches. Made of white bead styrofoam. Can anyone tell what power system to use to make a nice slow indoor flyer?

"I bought one the other day. Flies better than any other FF foamie I've ever had. Has a little hook under the nose for the rubberband launcher. Launched at an elevation of 20 to 30 deg it zooms to about 30' alt and makes a big loop and lands gently on its belly at a cool looking nose up attitude.

With stickers on it weighs about an ounce or so (weighed on my ancient mechanical postal scale). That's with the heavy solid plastic hook under the nose.

I don't know much about the indoor scene but I bet those guys can make a sweet indoor model with the lightweight GWS gear. Mr Lin is cool."
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2004, 12:27 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Thread OP
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hreadid=212408

Here's the link to the FOAMIES thread if anyone's interested.

Quick Reply