Sep 10, 2015, 04:42 AM

Wire STM32F103C8T6 for a 8 motor configuration

Hello,

Can someone tell me which pins to be used for a octocopter setup?
I'am using a STM32F103C8T6 board and a 6 wire receiver.

Regards Quadrix
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2015, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadtrix
Hello,

Can someone tell me which pins to be used for a octocopter setup?
I'am using a STM32F103C8T6 board and a 6 wire receiver.

Regards Quadrix
For Optocopter is recommended to use a CPPM (PPM) receiver, because FC RC inputs are used as outputs to Motors.

According with my bench testing for Optocopter you must use a CPPM (PPM) receiver, only until 6 motors can be used with parallel receiver.

See connections in the attached drawing.

Best regards

I think you can try using in CLI only "map AETR" (use correct orden according with your parallel receiver channels order) but this will allow maximum 4 channels and not any auxiliary channels to your copter.

... or maybe try with CLI "map AETR34" connecting channels 5 and 6 of your receiver to CH7 (PA6) and CH8 (PA7) of STM32, let me try this in my bench this afternoon and I will back to you with the results.
Last edited by V_kingo; Sep 22, 2015 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Test results
Oct 01, 2015, 04:09 PM
Civic Maker

Fixed Wing?

Has anybody tried the DIY Naze on a fixed/flying wing?
Oct 01, 2015, 04:16 PM
Civic Maker
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadSack
Just an idea...

You'll need to check for yourself but no reason you can't isolate JTAG pins and use them for module. There you'll have solder pads which just connect pins with wire.

Had swift go with a meter .

As an addendum to my query regarding fixed/flying wing configuration, I need to slim down my FCs profile to fit in my FW fuselage. The above method seems like the best way to accomplish this as it elimates all the wires.
Am I correct in assuming that I could use the JTAG header pins directly if I desolder the resistors marked in the image above? Or are there others steps that I am not aware of?
Oct 05, 2015, 09:17 PM

Flying Wing

For Flying wing may I suggest to use this small board, comes with no pins soldered, existing ones can be easily removed or cutted, remove left configuration pins and just solder top pins for the right pins just bent outward pin jumpers, use wires soldered to the board. Use a pile of double sided tape to attach IMU on top of CPU and crystal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STM32F103C8T...item48725e00bc

(Sorry for my bad English)
Oct 15, 2015, 03:43 AM

Works! But is SBUS+GPS+Configurator connection possible?

I've had success programming a STM32F103 small form factor dev board with Cleanflight 1.9.0 (Naze32), using a GY-86 wired per the red board wiring diagram in post 2. Cleanflight Configurator on Win 10 is now talking to the board using an FTDI USB converter.

I first tried connecting Configurator once the board was programmed but before the GY-86 was connected. I can confirm that the Configurator would not connect without working sensors. With GY-86 connected everything came right up.

I'd now like to connect an SBUS satellite receiver and GPS to this setup. I can see GPS will use PA2/PA3 UART, but have not been able to locate info on the SBUS connection. Does anyone know where to find good Naze SBUS connection info?

Edit: I've found this post (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2162645) that show use of an inverted SBUS input to Naze PIN 4. I am not sure how to translate this to an STM32F103 port pin.

Thanks
George
Last edited by MGeo; Oct 15, 2015 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Added pics
Oct 15, 2015, 07:59 PM
Hi MGeo!

According with my readings, you need an external inverter (*) conected to USART2 at PA2 (=A2 on board) and use softserial1 (PA6=Rx, PA7=Tx) or softserial2 (PB0=Rx, PB1=Tx) at 9600 baud for GPS .

(*) https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2351863
Nov 23, 2015, 09:40 AM
good job, thanks for info
curious
the ppm wire coming from D8R RX
is it 3.3v or 5v?
Last edited by automanual; Nov 23, 2015 at 10:34 AM. Reason: change question
Nov 29, 2015, 10:42 AM
I wanted to extend the DIY NAZE with SPI EEPROM but found hardly any info on connections.
I ended up trying this schematic: http://fpv-treff.de/download/file.ph...8abb&mode=view

I'm sure I missed something since NAZE does not detect it.

Based on the memory data sheet: http://datasheet.octopart.com/M25P64...et-8620876.pdf the follwing connections I made:

SPI - NAZE
CS - PB12
C - PB13
Q - PB14
D - PB15
HOLD - 3.3v
W - 3.3v
Vcc - 3.3v
Vss - GND
(no capacitor or resistor)

any help or hint would be appreciated
Dec 07, 2015, 02:26 AM
I've finished my DIY one blue board, with MPU6050, BMP180, HMC588L. Everything worked on breadboard, soldered nicely on pcb and not way to start... Flashing no problem, but no startup.

After destruction and hours of testing found out, that I2C line was working only with longer lines. So at the end got the I2C running only with 2x 100Ohm Resistor in line!

Nevertheless, one question, is it possible to use the onboard USB connection, like the CC3D does?

Thanks!
Sam
Dec 14, 2015, 08:57 AM
I void warranties
Quote:
Originally Posted by universam
Nevertheless, one question, is it possible to use the onboard USB connection, like the CC3D does?
No, Cleanflight has NEVER been able to use the STM32's native USB, it just wasn't something the devs were interested in I guess. You have to talk to it over serial TTL.
Dec 15, 2015, 10:52 AM
Well, according to CF doc this has changed:
"To connect the GUI to the flight controller you just need a USB cable to use the Virtual Com Port (VCP) or you can use UART1 (Main Port).
CLI access is only available via the VCP by default."

In the sources the USB / VCP is part of the compile... Unfortunatelly, CC3D uses SPI to access the gyro, so not portable
Dec 31, 2015, 05:51 AM
well , just made naza 32 mpu6050 , work ok .
hope next time , it can be integrade rx frsky with CC2500
Jan 02, 2016, 08:08 PM
hi guys
my naze32 have bug bootloader , i flashed bootloader by flashdemontrate , but when i use file hex baseflight.hex , i can't connect cleanflight . when i use file hex baseflight_fy90.hex . it can connect cleanflight

i want to ask diffirence 2 file hex ?
Jan 14, 2016, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy rc
hi guys
my naze32 have bug bootloader , i flashed bootloader by flashdemontrate , but when i use file hex baseflight.hex , i can't connect cleanflight . when i use file hex baseflight_fy90.hex . it can connect cleanflight

i want to ask diffirence 2 file hex ?
I dont think baseflight and cleanflight talk anymore.

Are you using last version of cleanflight configurator (1.1.0)?

I suggest you to flash from Cleanflight configurator (1.11.0 is the last firmware)

Cheers!

Quick Reply