Jun 28, 2014, 05:31 AM
Thread OP
If you would like to try this mod, please send a PayPal payment of $8 to me for 3 Citabria wings to use for the Mod C. You can purchase the Post-It tabs at any office supply store.

Enjoy your flights,

Rick
Last edited by twoplanekid; Jun 28, 2014 at 05:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2014, 07:14 AM
Thread OP
Although this is off topic a bit and as I like to go low & slow, I am excited that I got to try something different the other day.

Flying with Sean D. Tucker in the Oracle Extra 300 (7 min 40 sec)
Jul 01, 2014, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid
Although this is off topic a bit and as I like to go low & slow, I am excited that I got to try something different the other day.
Way cool. Thanks for posting.
Latest blog entry: Car Show
Jul 01, 2014, 01:48 PM
Hi, I need to know what size diameter and thickness magnets are best for the magnetic wing mod UMX Radian. Thank you
Jul 01, 2014, 08:03 PM
semper mitis
I think someone used 1.5mm X 4mm. 1/16 X 3/16 " ?
If you are in the US http://www.hobbyexpress.com/3_16_x_1...4_255_prd1.htm

They are not known for prompt service. Ordered on the 25th and notified of shipment on 30th.

Received on the 3rd.
Last edited by gentle ben; Jul 03, 2014 at 06:54 PM. Reason: received order
Jul 03, 2014, 03:08 AM
licensed meat mechanic
k&j magnetics has a great assortment of all kinds of magnets, wonderful customer service, fast shipping and good prices. highly recommended!
Jul 03, 2014, 08:51 AM
Gravity is weak but persistant
Two-Plane: you've done some great work and empirical testing . . . but I think you're missing the fundamental aspect of the performance parameters and the concept and design of what a glider/sailplane is supposed to do in flight.
Jul 03, 2014, 07:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie P (NY)
Two-Plane: you've done some great work and empirical testing . . . but I think you're missing the fundamental aspect of the performance parameters and the concept and design of what a glider/sailplane is supposed to do in flight.
Yes, but it's nice to have two planes in one. With only a wing change (slip on/off - no other modification) you can fly high and soar or very slow inside a gym or other small area. The UMX Radian can do both very well!

Have a super 4th

My 4th of July Celebration at the office (0 min 41 sec)
Last edited by twoplanekid; Jul 03, 2014 at 07:48 PM.
Jul 05, 2014, 03:22 AM

hatch for cell

i don't see any1 doing anything to cover the cell (so-called battery) so here i come:
details on the hatch: i just couldn't live having that large opening not only allowing dirt and water into the batt, but creating so much drag and turbulence, so got to think of an easy way to solve the puzzle. i fly at a field that is covered with wet grass, so it makes this mandatory for me.
i made a cover from clear plastic, just as i did to the large radian-and that has been working fine, by the way.
i had handy a piece of clear plastic of .016" (anything around that size seems fine), so i cut a rectangle of 3/4" x 1-1/8" and bent to fit. how well fits depends on your patience, so it's up to you. i bent the front edge inside so it does not scoop dirt if dragging at landing.
it is attached to 1 side with clear tape that acts as a hinge, and holds at the other side with clear tape too, that has a fold at the end so it is easy to lift to replace the batt , and adds only about 1 gram.
there is a pic somewhere on it, but there is not much to see, as it is transparent.
Jul 05, 2014, 10:34 AM
I did the same, but used a piece of foam coffee cup, added 0.25grams and just looks way better than the stock setup, might even be more aerodynamic too
Dave
Jul 07, 2014, 02:42 PM
Jimfrisky
BEEN GIVING THE CROWS A BAD TIME https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Jul 09, 2014, 10:49 AM
Jimfrisky

Hawk

[QUOTE][img]https:// https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...
Jul 09, 2014, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMFRISKY
now that you tried several times I am really curious to see this pic

Try http://imgur.com/

If that fails, send it to me an email at [email protected] and I will share it for you
Last edited by bobbutts; Jul 09, 2014 at 11:53 PM. Reason: quoting got messed up somehow
Jul 10, 2014, 11:30 AM
Regarding the Micro Citabria wings not being produced anymore, would the Champ wings be a good substitute? I've never seen a Micro Citabria before so I'm not sure, but from the pics it doesn't look too much different.

Just throwing that idea out there, carry on.
Jul 10, 2014, 04:00 PM
Thread OP
The Citabria wings are much lighter and have a better shape for lift and stability on the Radian. They work great! Horizon, are you listening?

Quick Reply