This thread is privately moderated by theKM, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 16, 2014, 03:49 PM

System Sound List for foreign languages

Hi there,

is there a "certified" list of all system sounds used by all the foreign language localizations in OpenTX 2.0 for Taranis?
Some spreadsheet with "file name" and "text" columns? Obviously you can't just take an English sound pack, and create file by file translations, because that won't match with language specific grammar rules.
But unfortunately the translated sound packs I know, are incomplete. For instance the German sound pack on the openTX downloads page is at least missing files for "Telemetry lost" and "Telemetry recovered".
So, are there "officially" validated lists of all the localization specific system sound files? (I am especially interested in the list for German localization). Can such a list be generated by analysis of the OpenTX code?

Cheers.
David
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2014, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenigtelefoniere
Hi there,

is there a "certified" list of all system sounds used by all the foreign language localizations in OpenTX 2.0 for Taranis?
Some spreadsheet with "file name" and "text" columns? Obviously you can't just take an English sound pack, and create file by file translations, because that won't match with language specific grammar rules.
But unfortunately the translated sound packs I know, are incomplete. For instance the German sound pack on the openTX downloads page is at least missing files for "Telemetry lost" and "Telemetry recovered".
So, are there "officially" validated lists of all the localization specific system sound files? (I am especially interested in the list for German localization). Can such a list be generated by analysis of the OpenTX code?

Cheers.
David
I catalogued the English sound pack by going through the EN system folder from the official download and playing them one at a time.
You will probably need to check with Rob Thompson or Kilrah personally - or use the brute force method I used.
Jul 16, 2014, 05:13 PM
@theKM and Amber
Thank you for the great sound pack!
Jul 17, 2014, 03:26 AM
@scott. Your method probably isn't an option, because as I mentioned, the DE system folder actually is incomplete in the official downloads. I know that the telemetry signal warning sounds are missing, but I don't know what else...

So I guess a comprehensive list must be generated from code analysis.

Regards
David
Jul 17, 2014, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenigtelefoniere
@scott. Your method probably isn't an option, because as I mentioned, the DE system folder actually is incomplete in the official downloads. I know that the telemetry signal warning sounds are missing, but I don't know what else...

So I guess a comprehensive list must be generated from code analysis.

Regards
David
I bet Kilrah could get you a list/table of German system sounds.
Jul 25, 2014, 06:40 AM
I love the pack! Can we get "Return to Yaw" or "Yaw Reset" added to the pack?
Jul 25, 2014, 10:18 AM
Hi, I just wanted to say thank you for making my Taranis sound so good :-)

It is really appreciated......
Jul 25, 2014, 01:43 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
+1 the new KM sound pack is so "clean" sounding that it helps at the field in a noisy environment to hear clearly.

Thanks KM and spouse!
Jul 28, 2014, 06:26 PM
These are terrific! Thanks so much KM and Amber for putting the work in on this project.

If I could be so bold, it would be great to add the following two items:

Telemetry (I would preface my telemetry values with this)
Throttle Cut (which I would then chain with "on" or "off")

If these make it, great! If they don't, I still want to extend my appreciation for all the existing sounds!

Mitchell
Aug 17, 2014, 04:38 AM
Hi, very cool project.

I would like to ask if you could add
warning
and for heli
bailout
bailout active

thank you!
Aug 24, 2014, 04:25 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Tried to find:
Logging On
Logging Off

But did not find it in the pack.
Cheers, Martin.
Sep 01, 2014, 10:21 PM
Thanks my Taranis sounds much better now , I was wondering If your wife wouldent mind doing another Joke sound

"Here are the answers to your questions:
1. Yes it's a Quadcopter.
2. Yes it's very Expensive.
3. it goes Very High
4. I got it on The Internet.
5. No you cant fly it "

I saw all that on a t shirt and thought it would be funny to flick a switch also and hear it
thanks

also made this for fun
Naughty transmitter (0 min 56 sec)
Last edited by Malcurin; Sep 02, 2014 at 02:48 AM. Reason: add video link
Sep 02, 2014, 11:48 AM
Quads and FPV it's not a crime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcurin
Thanks my Taranis sounds much better now , I was wondering If your wife wouldent mind doing another Joke sound

"Here are the answers to your questions:
1. Yes it's a Quadcopter.
2. Yes it's very Expensive.
3. it goes Very High
4. I got it on The Internet.
5. No you cant fly it "

I saw all that on a t shirt and thought it would be funny to flick a switch also and hear it
thanks

also made this for fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-M3...HFhJwDHvgaeD0Q
ok wow , very bad taranis, bad bad bad
Sep 02, 2014, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy1958
ok wow , very bad taranis, bad bad bad
And its all done with the voices in this pack lol
Sep 08, 2014, 02:49 PM

Create your own sound pack using a MAC and the voices built into OSX

Any MAC users out there may know that OSX has really great Text to Speach capabilities built into it since OSX Lion (http://www.tuaw.com/2011/07/24/os-x-...y-text-to-spe/). Different voices and languages can be downloaded (and the currently active voice selected) in 'System Preferences'.

Once you have downloaded and selected the voice (and language) you want, it is very simple to get your MAC to say something using the 'say' command. Just open a terminal window and type the following;

Quote:
say "Welcome to Open T X"
This can be developed to write a file of the right type and format using the following;

Quote:
say -o tada.wav [email protected] "Welcome, to Open T X"
Which creates an output file called 'tada.wav' of the right [data] format containing the specified sound . . . from there is is a relatively simple step to build this into a script (or batch file file for those from the WinDoze World) as shown in the example below;

Quote:
#!/bin/bash

clear

echo -n "Creating SOUNDS folder in "; pwd
mkdir SOUNDS
cd SOUNDS

echo
echo "Creating EN folder"
mkdir en
cd en
echo "Creating EN sound files"
echo
echo "smart.wav"; say -o smart.wav [email protected] "SMART Mode"
echo "agility.wav"; say -o agility.wav [email protected] "AGILITY Mode"

echo
echo "Creating SYSTEM folder"
mkdir SYSTEM
cd SYSTEM
echo "Creating SYSTEM sound files"
echo
echo "tada.wav"; say -o tada.wav [email protected] "Welcome, to Open T X"

echo
echo "HIT 'CMD+Q' to quit"
echo
This creates the directory structure and the necessary sound files within it. I have used this approach to create a complete set of sound files, which is very easy to add to or modify . . . and it is very very easy to create both male and female voices in English (my preferred language), Scottish, Australian, South African or American (English 2.0) from a plethora of choices (samples are here http://www.nextup.com/nuance.html) . . . a bit more work for someone (who is a native speaker) to translate the text to French, German, Chinese or whatever (50 voices/languages available including Arabic, three different Chinese dialects, Czech, Danish, two varieties of Dutch, Finnish, two French dialects, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, two Portuguese dialects, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, two Spanish dialects, Swedish, Thai, and Turkish) and then create a local language sound pack on their MAC (but still very straightforward and quick).

Obviously, non of these voices will be patch on Amber . . . but, they are very good and I suspect this is a quicker and more modifiable approach to extend the vocabulary available to us all.

NOTE: having built these commands into a file ('BuildSounds.sh') the file permissions must be changed to executable (CHMOD 777) and the file associated with the 'terminal app' before it can be run.
Last edited by DWiskow; Sep 08, 2014 at 03:55 PM.
Sep 23, 2014, 05:55 AM
Hi could you please record "Fail safe armed" "Return to Home" and "Return to home Armed"

Thankyou, Love yours and Ambers work
Sep 29, 2014, 01:43 PM
DroneXLabs Team Pilot
This is the best thing EVER...grats on your good work!!!
Oct 05, 2014, 04:18 PM
help anyone
just got my taranis, made a couple of models directly on the transmitter (not too bad i thought), setup rates, expo, flaps etc okay so far but decided to add the list of sounds by Amber. I setup Zadig just fine as well.
I downloaded the zip file to the pc from this thread and copied all the wavs into the en folder by connecting the transmitter to the pc and copying/pasting them over directly into the en folder. When I look in radio setup/sounds on the tranny the sounds are all there but they don't show when i try to asign them to a switch, i just get about ten sounds showing. So i copied them to the sounds/en/system folder as well, and still they don't show when i try to asign them to a switch, where are they have I done something wrong
thanks in anticipation
bob
Oct 05, 2014, 04:37 PM
One step forward two steps back
After more than 3 hours of banging my head on the desk I'm getting somewhere. The sounds are not found under "sounds" but under "tracks" (yeeeeeeeeeeeeees), so I moved all the sounds across to the EN folder from the system folder (that means there's nothing now in the system folder though) and they all now play when I assign them to a switch but now I've lost the "welcome to taranis" on startup and doubtless other things as well that I don't know about, give me a clue before I give up please

As someone once said
"I only know what I know, I don't know what I don't know"
bob
Oct 05, 2014, 04:47 PM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBP2
One step forward two steps back
After more than 3 hours of banging my head on the desk I'm getting somewhere. The sounds are not found under "sounds" but under "tracks" (yeeeeeeeeeeeeees), so I moved all the sounds across to the EN folder from the system folder (that means there's nothing now in the system folder though) and they all now play when I assign them to a switch but now I've lost the "welcome to taranis" on startup and doubtless other things as well that I don't know about, give me a clue before I give up please

As someone once said
"I only know what I know, I don't know what I don't know"
bob
You need to restore your sounds/en/system files the welcome is in tada,wav in sounds/en/system as are numerous other system sounds.
Oct 05, 2014, 05:39 PM
Thanks
Now I have found that the sounds are found under the listing of "tracks" not "sounds" and got my switch assignment working again, I have copied all of the sounds into the system folder as well and all seems well. I may have about 300 more sounds in the system folder than it needs because I dont know what was in it before but hope this will not cause a problem as I never deleted any sound files, I only added to them and moved them around in the sounds folder.
Thanks for your immediate response to my problem, I'm sure it won't be my last.
bob
Oct 07, 2014, 07:52 AM
Simon
Outstanding work - very much appreciated!
Oct 14, 2014, 03:56 PM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Can you add voice for "Variometer on" and "Variometer off" under Soaring?
Oct 18, 2014, 04:06 PM

timer activated & timer reset

I saw some here asked for these..did they get added in ever?..if not could they be ..maybe?

I was hoping to tie "timer activated" to my throttle ..and if I need to reset it I would tie "timer reset" to my momentary switch so I could restart it if I was screwing around with the throttle for a while before taking off.
Last edited by carl3; Oct 18, 2014 at 04:11 PM.
Oct 18, 2014, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl3
I saw some here asked for these..did they get added in ever?..if not could they be ..maybe?

I was hoping to tie "timer activated" to my throttle ..and if I need to reset it I would tie "timer reset" to my momentary switch so I could restart it if I was screwing around with the throttle for a while before taking off.
I haven't seen theKM post anything on the Taranis forums OR the XPS forum recently......

Aaron, everything OK ?? Hope so !

PS-- Maybe he has been busy "secretly" testing the new (soon to be released ??) XPS transmitter and so that is taking up a lot of his time ????
Oct 19, 2014, 07:27 PM
He did mention that he had a lot of "life stuff" on his plate.
Oct 22, 2014, 01:09 PM
OpenTX University Staff
The KM and Amber don't hang around the studio just waiting for us to ask for more spoken words. So why not use what we have, if we can?

We have a really great library of words spoken by Amber. By cutting and pasting we can build new phrases. I've done this a couple times. Most recently I needed spoilers up half and spoilers up full. I used Audacity and cut and pasted flaps half and flaps full and combined it with the spoiler up file. Examine the existing sounds and see if any can be used in lieu of new sounds. It may not be the best solution, but at least you will have something until you can get a custom solution.
Oct 22, 2014, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguro
The KM and Amber don't hang around the studio just waiting for us to ask for more spoken words. So why not use what we have, if we can?

We have a really great library of words spoken by Amber. By cutting and pasting we can build new phrases. I've done this a couple times. Most recently I needed spoilers up half and spoilers up full. I used Audacity and cut and pasted flaps half and flaps full and combined it with the spoiler up file. Examine the existing sounds and see if any can be used in lieu of new sounds. It may not be the best solution, but at least you will have something until you can get a custom solution.
Excellent idea and I agree that the current list we have is amazing compared to what is offered on Spektrum radios.
Maybe there could be a thread started where the edited voice files such as yours could be posted. That way eventually we could have a huge voice library.
Oct 22, 2014, 05:39 PM
OpenTX University Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrazier
Excellent idea and I agree that the current list we have is amazing compared to what is offered on Spektrum radios.
Maybe there could be a thread started where the edited voice files such as yours could be posted. That way eventually we could have a huge voice library.
Sounds like a good idea.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:46 AM
I ended up using ATT natural voice..
"Crystal" ..I believe..worked great..not up to par with Amber,.,but works nicely

now I'm working on getting companion to see my sound pack I got from Scott & making a clone of the SD card..under "file", I did'nt see preferences..I think it's called something else but I believe the structure path is where you also make sure companion is set for "open tx for FrySky Taranis"
Last edited by carl3; Oct 24, 2014 at 11:56 AM.
Nov 01, 2014, 08:44 PM
Thanks to Amber for this awesome voice pack (and to TheKM for packaging her up and loaning her to all of us)!
Nov 04, 2014, 01:56 PM
Cowboy Up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markran
Thanks to Amber for this awesome voice pack (and to TheKM for packaging her up and loaning her to all of us)!
2nd that! Please give Amber our thanks for humoring us RC geeks.
Nov 05, 2014, 06:33 AM
Per my post #123 above.... I found the "Variometer on" and "Variometer off" in the wave files - just didn't see them at first past. Really appreciate the effort.

I'm going to use Amber's voice exclusively as soon as Spektrum releases its new version of AirWare which will allow user-installed custom voices. Going to be a good flying season next year with Amber, instead of my wife, telling where to go...
Nov 12, 2014, 10:33 AM
Sorry for the noob question, but do this soundpack replace all the system sounds (like RSSI readings and value readings in general)? or it is just custom functions tracks?
Thanks!
Nov 12, 2014, 11:24 AM
OpenTX University Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockappalla
Sorry for the noob question, but do this soundpack replace all the system sounds (like RSSI readings and value readings in general)? or it is just custom functions tracks?
Thanks!
The new sound pack has all the sounds in it including the system sounds.
Nov 12, 2014, 12:07 PM
Quote:
The new sound pack has all the sounds in it including the system sounds.
Thank you!
so I just replace the "sound" folder in the SD card and everything should work 100% with the new sounds?
Nov 12, 2014, 06:09 PM
OpenTX University Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockappalla
Thank you!
so I just replace the "sound" folder in the SD card and everything should work 100% with the new sounds?
Yep. That's all you have to do.

Then just sit back and listen to Amber's sultry voice.
Nov 14, 2014, 06:06 PM
Put a bigger motor on it!
Subscribed. Way cool. I noticed there wasn't much for speed warnings (for the airspeed sensor). V1, rotate, stall warning, stall, too fast, too slow, abort, etc, etc. Just for next time...

Thanks,
Nov 14, 2014, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfreeflyer
Subscribed. Way cool. I noticed there wasn't much for speed warnings (for the airspeed sensor). V1, rotate, stall warning, stall, too fast, too slow, abort, etc, etc. Just for next time...

Thanks,
Look at Post 28 for a link to make your own...Not Amber quality, but serviceable for what you need/ want 'right now.'
Nov 17, 2014, 03:34 PM
even a brick will fly on 6s
i need thrust vector on and thrust vector off
Nov 17, 2014, 05:09 PM
Lots of request for sounds it seems like and we don't even know if Amber up for another recording session. If she isn't, then there's no point in requesting sounds. If she is, then we should start a list of requests. We'll leave that up to theKM.
Nov 17, 2014, 05:14 PM
OpenTX University Staff
Quote:
Lots of request for sounds it seems like and we don't even know if Amber up for another recording session. If she isn't, then there's no point in requesting sounds. If she is, then we should start a list of requests. We'll leave that up to theKM.
We haven't heard from theKM in a while. I understand he had things to do. Maybe when he gets back to us, we can give him our list.
Nov 17, 2014, 05:21 PM
I told my wife I was spending a lot of time with Amber in the garage this past weekend. She didn't seem too pleased. I said, "Yeah, and I can mute her too whenever I want".

Please don't try that at home. Use at your own risk.
Nov 17, 2014, 08:21 PM
Focus-Fixers for DJI Goggles
I'm finding that "Ava" on the Mac is the next best thing next to Amber. For those that need sound files I will be happy to generate whatever you need.

I've attached the base /en and /en/system sounds generated by Ava. Just let me know what you need.

Thanks
Chris
Nov 17, 2014, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagebuff
I'm finding that "Ava" on the Mac is the next best thing next to Amber. For those that need sound files I will be happy to generate whatever you need.

I've attached the base /en and /en/system sounds generated by Ava. Just let me know what you need.

Thanks
Chris
Thrust vector on. Thrust vector off. Please
Nov 17, 2014, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbthumbbum
Thrust vector on. Thrust vector off. Please
Here you go.
Nov 17, 2014, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Here you go.
sounds great on the comp . sweet thank you .............. ok so how do i get this from my computer to my taranis . im a new taranis user had it for 4 days now
Nov 17, 2014, 08:53 PM
Copy the files to your Taranis SD card in /SOUNDS/en/. This is a good write up on programming the Taranis to play custom sounds - http://open-txu.org/tag/custom-functions-2/
Nov 17, 2014, 09:23 PM
wow that was easy and works great .. thank you
Nov 17, 2014, 09:24 PM
now to find top gun..... i feal the need the need for speed lol
Nov 18, 2014, 12:01 AM
When you turn on the radio and it says welcome to taranis. Is there a way to make it say somthing else?
Nov 18, 2014, 12:04 AM
Fly,Crash, Burn,Fix, repeat
Here you go
Nov 18, 2014, 12:07 AM
Quote:
When you turn on the radio and it says welcome to taranis. Is there a way to make it say somthing else?
Create a sound file that you want and save it as the tada.wav under sounds/en/system.

gravy
Nov 18, 2014, 12:50 AM
Thank u
Nov 18, 2014, 01:29 AM
Sounds for the airspeed sensor would be great. V1, rotate, stall warning, stall, push the nose down, too fast, too slow, cruise speed, approach speed, you're coming in hot, hurry up grandma, and whatever else you can think of
Nov 18, 2014, 04:48 AM
I need to find this sound bite some how .........tower Request fly by .....that's a negative ghost rider pattern is full
Nov 18, 2014, 09:55 AM
I think I know the answer to this. When Spektrum releases their next AirWare, which will allow custom voices, can I use "Amber" wave files?

I'm so excited...
Nov 18, 2014, 10:33 AM
They should call that CarrotWare or PromiseWare or IDontCareAnymoreNowThatIGotATaranisWare.

Gravy
Nov 18, 2014, 11:12 AM
What's a spektrum lol
Nov 18, 2014, 02:32 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Taranis Rules!

...OpenTx...Frsky Rx's...a company that responds to users...dependable hardware/software...infinitely customizable
Nov 21, 2014, 05:47 AM
how about "point of interest mode" or "POI mode" "camera follow mode"
Nov 21, 2014, 12:38 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
well, clearly it's been a while since I've been logged in here

glad everyone is enjoying the sounds! reckon we may have a crack at recording these new requests around thanksgiving. If anyone wants to scare up a list from around the threads (I haven't had the time to keep a close watch on all the threads like I was) for when we get to record, that would be handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3
I think I know the answer to this. When Spektrum releases their next AirWare, which will allow custom voices, can I use "Amber" wave files?

I'm so excited...
sure, why not. If they can take the sound files, go for it!
Nov 21, 2014, 12:44 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
Quote:
Sounds for the airspeed sensor would be great. V1, rotate, stall warning, stall, push the nose down, too fast, too slow, cruise speed, approach speed, you're coming in hot, hurry up grandma, and whatever else you can think of
some of these are cool, will add them. I thought that we already had "too slow", but apparently when we hit the 400 count I've started to lose track.. just as well I made the index
Nov 21, 2014, 03:34 PM
I've been gathering a collection of AT&T voices to go in addition to amber. I'll send a list soon. Not at home now. Amber pack is missing a lot of sounds that would go well with telemetry sensors. The sounds I had were from me looking at the available sensors and figuring out what sounds would go best with them. Also, I have a 4-motor plane with redundant electronics so I added extra sounds for those too. Again, I'll compile a list this weekend if I have time and post it. Would love to have ambers voice so i don't have to hear several different voice coming at me. Thanks.
Nov 21, 2014, 10:24 PM
Once again.. happy to make any sounds anyone wants with the "Ava" voice. She's no Amber but best computer voice I've heard. I'm taking requests... will take lists too.

Chris
Nov 22, 2014, 12:57 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3
Can you add voice for "Variometer on" and "Variometer off" under Soaring?
I would have sworn vario was done. To make it quick-to-hear, I'll record it as "Vario" instead of the longer word.
Nov 22, 2014, 01:45 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
...ok, started a list. so far 70 more sounds to be added...
Nov 22, 2014, 02:20 PM
Maybe we can get single words and numbers also.
0-9
Half, Full
A-G
Switch
Position

These can be combined to make phrases such as "Switch B Position 2". I know that would take 4 slots for the above phrase but I have quite a few left over.

These are just a few I can think of right now as the current voice list is so amazing right now.
Nov 22, 2014, 02:52 PM
Quote:
0-9
Half, Full
A-G
Switch
Position

These can be combined to make phrases such as "Switch B Position 2". I know that would take 4 slots for the above phrase but I have quite a few left over.

These are just a few I can think of right now as the current voice list is so amazing right now.
Sounds\en\system\0000.wav thru 0009.wav are o thru 9.
Nov 22, 2014, 03:04 PM
OpenTX University Staff
My son has a request for a sound to be played after someone has one of those oops moments: "That's going to be expensive!"
Nov 22, 2014, 03:51 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
Quote:
0-9
Half, Full
A-G
Switch
Position

check out the indexes for component sounds, and as OldDmbThms mentions there are many in the system sounds.

Will add these which aren't in there already (switch, position, etc).
Nov 22, 2014, 03:52 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
Quote:
My son has a request for a sound to be played after someone has one of those oops moments: "That's going to be expensive!"
nice! will do
Nov 22, 2014, 08:31 PM
A lot may be redundant but would be extremely helpful so we wouldn't have to combine the sounds. Most are geared towards multi-engine, multi-battery packs and multi-Rx setups...

altitude limit reached
cruise altitude reached
battery temperature warning
battery 1 temperature warning
battery 2 temperature warning
battery 3 temperature warning
battery 4 temperature warning
ESC temperature warning
ESC 1 temperature warning
ESC 2 temperature warning
ESC 3 temperature warning
ESC 4 temperature warning
differential thrust active
uniform thrust active
fuel 5%
fuel 10%
fuel 20%
fuel 50%
fuel full
fuel empty
(all same fuel ones as above, but use "battery capacity" instead of "fuel)
high current warning
you're coming in hot
hot pass
hurry up grandma
hurry up grandma, i want to fly
data logging on
data logging off
warning, low voltage
lower flaps
raise flaps
lower gear
raise gear
motor disabled
motor enabled
motor failure
motor okay
motor restored
motor temperature warning
motor temperature critcal
(repeat motor ones above with "Motor 1" instead of motor, and again with "Motor 2", "Motor 3", and "Motor 4")
On the ball (navy pilots call this out when they are on the glideslope to the carrier deck)
Positive rate of climb
pull up!
sink rate
Receiver failure
Receiver signal low
Receiver signal critical
Receiver signal lost
Receiver signal okay
Receiver signal restored
(repeat Rx ones above with "Receiver 1", "Receiver 2", "Receiver 3", "Receiver 4",
stall
stall warning
system failure
system A failure
system B failure (I use redundant electronics on two separate systems, this could be useful)
taxi mode
touchdown
too fast
too slow
tow line released
V1
rotate
wheels up

and a few more "fun" ones would be good too
Nov 22, 2014, 08:32 PM
theKM, you should set up a donation link to keep Amber interested. We will pay Amber to never leave you.
Nov 22, 2014, 08:51 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
some cool ones in that bunch, will add.

Quote:
theKM, you should set up a donation link to keep Amber interested. We will pay Amber to never leave you.
Amber has the easy job... takes her all of a couple of minutes to read them. By comparison it takes an order or two of magnitude to actually make the files

some more fun ones are on the cards.
Nov 24, 2014, 08:40 PM

links broken

The downloads seem to be broken
Nov 25, 2014, 12:15 AM
You can also find the download on the open-txu website
Nov 25, 2014, 04:16 AM

Amber sound pack

Sadly the open txu website only permalinks back to here ...
Nov 25, 2014, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackkanga
Sadly the open txu website only permalinks back to here ...
Just downloaded it from that site, no problem at all.......
Nov 25, 2014, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez
Just downloaded it from that site, no problem at all.......
Not available to non Usa is the message I got .
Nov 25, 2014, 01:25 PM
Sweden
Quote:
I am in sweden, just downloaded ok
Nov 25, 2014, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Pm me your email address and I'll try to send it to you that way .....
Nov 26, 2014, 05:50 AM

Amber sound pack

Thanks Juan but tonite it downloaded for some weird reason
Nov 26, 2014, 08:50 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
my host may have been down... it's a very budget operation

appears to be up at the moment though.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:20 AM
off topic a bit but i have a few sounds i down loaded and i cant get them to play on the taranis . the sound pack works great . but i would like to add a few sounds of my own . the files are in an mp3 format . what format do i need to change them to and with what do i change them ?
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 AM
.wav

I use MP3 to wav decoder.

Gravy
Nov 26, 2014, 10:34 AM
Ok I will give it a try. Thank you
Nov 26, 2014, 10:40 AM
Keep the name down under 8 characters i.e. LandingG.wav not landingGear.wav

Gravy
Nov 26, 2014, 06:15 PM
Still not working. Is there a limit to how big the sound file is?
Nov 26, 2014, 06:27 PM
Quote:
off topic a bit but i have a few sounds i down loaded and i cant get them to play on the taranis . the sound pack works great . but i would like to add a few sounds of my own . the files are in an mp3 format . what format do i need to change them to and with what do i change them ?
You should be able to change them with Audacity.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net
The files need to be mono PCM .wav files sampled at 32,000 or less and named with less than 8 characters plus .wav.
Audacity defaults to 48,000. You will see this at the bottom left of the editor.
Just realised the link above is for the Mac version, but there is a link from it to the windows one.

Tom
Nov 26, 2014, 06:28 PM
I can't remember off the top of my head but I think it needs to be 32kHz. I bet yours is 48. Look into it. Check out TX-U too.
Nov 27, 2014, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkfly
You should be able to change them with Audacity.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net
The files need to be mono PCM .wav files sampled at 32,000 or less and named with less than 8 characters plus .wav.
Audacity defaults to 48,000. You will see this at the bottom left of the editor.
Just realised the link above is for the Mac version, but there is a link from it to the windows one.

Tom
i give up . i gave this a try and still cant get it to work . the sound pack i downloaded from here works great. but i cant seam to figure out how to add anything els music . sound clips. recording .ect
Nov 27, 2014, 02:17 AM
Quote:
i give up . i gave this a try and still cant get it to work . the sound pack i downloaded from here works great. but i cant seam to figure out how to add anything els music . sound clips. recording .ect
Will be happy to create any sound files you need. Let me know if I can help.

Chris
Nov 27, 2014, 02:26 AM
Thank you. I have the mp3 files I want converted how do I get them to u
Nov 27, 2014, 02:37 AM
Quote:
You can attach them as . zip files

Tom
Nov 27, 2014, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Sorry what I meant was that I can generate voice files for you from text, etc.. I don't have a good process to convert already recorded audio, sorry.
Nov 27, 2014, 02:58 AM
Ya that's what I'm having trouble with . Music / movie clips .. but thank you
Nov 27, 2014, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Sorry what I meant was that I can generate voice files for you from text, etc.. I don't have a good process to convert already recorded audio, sorry.
Audacity is good for converting sound files. There is a video of Scots's that shows the process.

I will convert them if required, but if they are text files, ask theKM to get Amber to record them.

Tom
Nov 27, 2014, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkfly
Audacity is good for converting sound files. There is a video of Scots's that shows the process.

I will convert them if required, but if they are text files, ask theKM to get Amber to record them.

Tom
that is what I used . Pcm 3200 mono. And it plays on my comp but not in the taranis no shure what I'm doing wrong
Nov 27, 2014, 06:42 AM
Quote:
that is what I used . Pcm 3200 mono. And it plays on my comp but not in the taranis no shure what I'm doing wrong
When you say they play on your comp' do you mean in Special Functions on Companion?

Tom

Quick Reply