This thread is privately moderated by theKM, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 22, 2014, 11:56 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Thread OP
Discussion

The "Amber" Transmitter Sound Pack

April 2021:

Since first playing with making my transmitter better in 2014, we're certainly happy that people have enjoyed the sound pack!

I super appreciate 'hisroyaldudeness' and others for updating the file names and the assembling new sounds with a text-to-speech engine and such to keep the pack usable. Anyone looking for a usable sound pack can search this thread for his posts for the latest files.

Originally I had links to my files here to download, but I changed hosts and the links broke... apologies for the inconvenience of that.

To return the convenience of the correct link in the first post, most recent link 'hisroyaldudeness' has been sharing recently is:

https://hmvc.eu/Amber22.rar

(the club site that is "hmvc.eu" is gorgeous, if I'm ever in the Netherlands I'd love to visit!)

Update update: the original sound pack came about because I had an itch to scratch, and it looks like I have new itches to scratch... so an update to the soundpack is planned, again (I said one was coming in 2018, but this time I actually need some new stuff), re-recorded fresh with better equipment, and split and managed with some new software I wrote in 2018, and hopefully on a site people can make use of to get more out of their speaking transmitter. I did register a domain and start a site to assemble it all... somewhere that I can put new updates. I might put blog-like comments on the front page so people can see movement.

A few people over the years have recommended a donation button, I assume mostly so there can be actual obligation to keep things moving, but I added one today... so, an obligation has begun...

http://ambersounds.com

...anyways, that's where it's currently at, more handy information than what was originally here, and more on the way.
Last edited by theKM; Apr 21, 2021 at 09:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2014, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
...transmitter much easier on the ears now.
Thank you and Amber so much for this fantastic sound package for the Taranis.
May 15, 2014, 06:58 PM
I don't see any timer funtions:

Timer 1 (2) Start, Stop, Reset

Maybe next update?

Many thanks for all that you have done for us.
May 15, 2014, 07:01 PM
I put this set on anyones radio that is silly enough to let me work on their radio. Love, love, love them. I consider it a mandatory upgrade for the Taranis.
May 18, 2014, 03:33 PM
Andy841

Sounds

Hi
Sorry for my ignorance, but when I open the zip files I get a great excel spread sheet with text but no wav files . Am I missing how this works?

AndyG
May 18, 2014, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy841
Hi
Sorry for my ignorance, but when I open the zip files I get a great excel spread sheet with text but no wav files . Am I missing how this works?

AndyG
There is also an EN folder -- this EN folder replaces the EN folder in the SOUNDS folder on the microSD card on your Taranis. The text files and spreadsheet folder are to interpret what the files names really say.
May 18, 2014, 04:59 PM
Andy841
Thanks-Missed that.
Amazing collection of sounds
AndyG
May 22, 2014, 10:10 AM
subcribed. Awesome!
May 22, 2014, 10:23 AM
theKM
Please edit your first post to include the date of your last update when you do an update.
I really appreciate your and Amber's effort. Her voice is amazing.
Thanks.
May 22, 2014, 07:23 PM
KM,

Thank you for taking the time to update your original sound files and more importantly, for sharing them with us ! I was one of those "whining" about the low volume but I'll soon upload your updated files to solve that issue.

Thank You !
May 22, 2014, 07:25 PM
Instagram: @tcat.rc.creations
The new volume level is perfect. Thanks again! This sound pack truly makes the Taranis experience amazing.
May 23, 2014, 04:08 PM
I've created a Dutch soundpack, for those of you intrested visit my site at http://modelbouw.velzenweb.nl/bestanden it's at the bottom.
May 24, 2014, 02:21 PM
Quads and FPV it's not a crime
I have downloaded the files and printed the spread sheet, could you please do a step by step on how to put them on my taranis I am a taranis nube getting the TX settings down but have not messed with companion 9x much yet
thanks for all your help in advance.
May 24, 2014, 02:55 PM
Rip - Crash - Repeat
No need for companion TX...

Take the mini SD card out of the battery compartment, and attach it to your computer. Then look into it... there is a sounds directory. I backed it up by copying it to my computer, and then copied the files from the zip in this thread on top of the ones in the SD.

Good luck!

I do have a problem with the startup file breaking up... oh well
May 24, 2014, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass1
No need for companion TX...

Take the mini SD card out of the battery compartment, and attach it to your computer. Then look into it... there is a sounds directory. I backed it up by copying it to my computer, and then copied the files from the zip in this thread on top of the ones in the SD.

Good luck!

I do have a problem with the startup file breaking up... oh well
New sounds were uploaded a day or two ago. That may take care of your startup file.

Quick Reply