New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by theKM, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:56 PM
Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Discussion

The "Amber" Transmitter Sound Pack

Playing with sound packs for the transmitter, now updated with a bunch of new sounds and index of files. Updated the sound packs with the latest requests (including tweaking some of the files that some highly particular people pointed out as having little errant clicks in there and such).

These also have better indexes; the big lists, especially when sorted alphabetical, were not all that quick to make use of. So I split them up by purpose/general-area-of-interest... control surfaces, equipment on the model, soaring/heli, etc. When you open the lists, you'll get the idea. These indexes are there as an excel spreadsheet, an image of the lists (put it on your phone and pinch-zoom your way to happiness), and text files that you can open up on the transmitter itself (go to the SD browsing screen, get into the SOUNDS directory (assuming you copied them in with the rest of the files) select and view them from there).

Rather than continue with small zips, just rolled them into complete sound packs. copy them into your SD card and they're good to go. These are formatted for OpenTx, but with 300+ sounds, they for sure would be usable in other systems.

UPDATE 2014/07/09: now with sounds that OpenTx2.0 is expecting, and a few more requests

Full sound pack (includes the "fun" sounds like "snafu", etc)...
theKM_opentxTaranis_soundPackFull_amber_20140709.z ip

Sound pack minus the fun list...
theKM_opentxTaranis_soundPack_amber_20140709.zip

...transmitter much easier on the ears now.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by theKM; Nov 22, 2014 at 01:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2014, 10:49 PM
Find More Posts by scott page
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
...transmitter much easier on the ears now.
Thank you and Amber so much for this fantastic sound package for the Taranis.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Old OpenTX and Taranis Videos
Old May 15, 2014, 07:58 PM
Find More Posts by kaptondave
I don't see any timer funtions:

Timer 1 (2) Start, Stop, Reset

Maybe next update?

Many thanks for all that you have done for us.
Old May 15, 2014, 08:01 PM
Find More Posts by Rotozuk
I put this set on anyones radio that is silly enough to let me work on their radio. Love, love, love them. I consider it a mandatory upgrade for the Taranis.
Site Sponsor
Old May 18, 2014, 04:33 PM
Find More Posts by Andy841
Andy841

Sounds

Hi
Sorry for my ignorance, but when I open the zip files I get a great excel spread sheet with text but no wav files . Am I missing how this works?

AndyG
Old May 18, 2014, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy841 View Post
Hi
Sorry for my ignorance, but when I open the zip files I get a great excel spread sheet with text but no wav files . Am I missing how this works?

AndyG
There is also an EN folder -- this EN folder replaces the EN folder in the SOUNDS folder on the microSD card on your Taranis. The text files and spreadsheet folder are to interpret what the files names really say.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 18, 2014, 05:59 PM
Find More Posts by Andy841
Andy841
Thanks-Missed that.
Amazing collection of sounds
AndyG
Old May 22, 2014, 11:10 AM
Find More Posts by Loppy
subcribed. Awesome!
Old May 22, 2014, 11:23 AM
Find More Posts by Dean Church
theKM
Please edit your first post to include the date of your last update when you do an update.
I really appreciate your and Amber's effort. Her voice is amazing.
Thanks.
Old May 22, 2014, 08:23 PM
Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
KM,

Thank you for taking the time to update your original sound files and more importantly, for sharing them with us ! I was one of those "whining" about the low volume but I'll soon upload your updated files to solve that issue.

Thank You !
Old May 22, 2014, 08:25 PM
Find More Posts by T-CAT
Loves Lasagna
The new volume level is perfect. Thanks again! This sound pack truly makes the Taranis experience amazing.
Old May 23, 2014, 05:08 PM
Find More Posts by PH-SVV
I've created a Dutch soundpack, for those of you intrested visit my site at http://modelbouw.velzenweb.nl/bestanden it's at the bottom.
Old May 24, 2014, 03:21 PM
Find More Posts by zimmy1958
Quads and FPV it's not a crime
I have downloaded the files and printed the spread sheet, could you please do a step by step on how to put them on my taranis I am a taranis nube getting the TX settings down but have not messed with companion 9x much yet
thanks for all your help in advance.
Old May 24, 2014, 03:55 PM
Find More Posts by Pass1
No need for companion TX...

Take the mini SD card out of the battery compartment, and attach it to your computer. Then look into it... there is a sounds directory. I backed it up by copying it to my computer, and then copied the files from the zip in this thread on top of the ones in the SD.

Good luck!

I do have a problem with the startup file breaking up... oh well
Old May 24, 2014, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass1 View Post
No need for companion TX...

Take the mini SD card out of the battery compartment, and attach it to your computer. Then look into it... there is a sounds directory. I backed it up by copying it to my computer, and then copied the files from the zip in this thread on top of the ones in the SD.

Good luck!

I do have a problem with the startup file breaking up... oh well
New sounds were uploaded a day or two ago. That may take care of your startup file.
RCG Plus Member