Mar 29, 2004, 04:11 AM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
Thread OP
Yippee!

Work in progress - big panorama!

OK, I'm gonna just start overlapping all the photos I get from this similar view and see what I end up with... here is what i have so far:

CJS
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2004, 06:36 AM
CJS:

There are some gorgeous colors in your pano.

David
Mar 29, 2004, 04:37 PM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
Thread OP

Yes...

The clouds were particularly nice... it is pretty hard sometimes getting the clouds and the ground exposed properly... most of the time the clouds are washed out to get correct exposure of the ground or vice-versa... but this came out OK

by the way, this is a 180 degree panorama looking from the north (left) to the south (right)

CJS
Mar 29, 2004, 08:25 PM
very nice. i like the clouds too, the lighting also seems to be just right and makes the panorama very nice looking. got a full size? what program are u using to stitch them together?
Mar 29, 2004, 11:08 PM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
Thread OP

Kyle G.,

I have a full size... but not sure where I could post it! My file size on that is somewhere around 51meg!

I'm using Adobe Photoshop 7 to work with them... there is no "stitching" function that I'm aware of, I've just been rotating the photos and adjusting brightness/contrast where needed... on these I didn't do anything except overlap them - a quickie job really. I think there ae many other programs that will stitch photos together...

CJS
Mar 29, 2004, 11:15 PM
50 meg!! i see about 7 pics together there what is the original size of the pictures? that is really cool. are all the objects in the pics the same size throughout the panorama or did u have to make some smaller or bigger so they fit with each other. (when i say bigger or smaller i mean like stretching and skewings so to speak)?
Mar 29, 2004, 11:32 PM
Whadda YOU lookin' at?
Thread OP

Kyle G,

My photos are 2272 x 1704 mp each.

The way I did this one was first to set up my camera so that however long I hold down on the "trigger switch" in my case channel 5, the landing gear switch - it will just continue to shoot photos.

Then I just turn in a slow circle while holding the switch down, in this case it was an "outside" circle, meaning that the camera was pointed out the left wing and I turned right, this gave me more clouds and less ground because of the bank of the plane during the turn. If I wanted it the other way around I'd just turn the opposite direction for a more downward angle.

Actually I should have done an "inside" circle immediatly following these shots, I could have stiched on a second row of photos!

Other things I do is to set my camera up manually for focus to infinity and then I turn off the photo "post view" so it does not waste energy on powering up the view screen.

This allows me to take over 150 shots at a time easily - of course most are a waste and have to be weeded out!

CJS
Apr 02, 2004, 02:20 PM
I use a program called photovista that will stitch those pics together seamlessly, works very well.

Quick Reply