Revolectrix "HV" LiPos - Page 5 - RC Groups
Jul 20, 2015, 10:05 PM
Michael

Using Storage Preset

I have been using my FMA DPL8 "storage" preset (also reduced the max charge voltage as I do on 4.20 and 4.27 blends.)

Storage capacity appears to be a range as opposed to a hard target number; a balance between too much charge and too depleted - similar to how they are shipped from the factory.

I hope that someone from REVO replies with the straight scoop, but, in the meantime, the storage preset is what I am using.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin
I just got my 4.35v 6s pack. the weights on the site match the weight I got when I put it on the scale (600g cap, 0.5g increments). And I see they printed my name on the label. That's pretty dang cool.

question though... what's a good storage voltage for these? and what voltage are these considered "flat" at?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2015, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake6515
I have been using my FMA DPL8 "storage" preset (also reduced the max charge voltage as I do on 4.20 and 4.27 blends.)

Storage capacity appears to be a range as opposed to a hard target number; a balance between too much charge and too depleted - similar to how they are shipped from the factory.

I hope that someone from REVO replies with the straight scoop, but, in the meantime, the storage preset is what I am using.

Michael

Mike
I don;t understand your question here?
Jul 20, 2015, 10:19 PM
Quote:

Michael
The DPL8 storage preset will allow you to specify any voltage you would like to use.

Storage can be anything in the range of 3.7V to 4.0V with 3.85V being the middle of the range and that is what the preset defaults to.

Glen
Jul 21, 2015, 12:22 AM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
I still need to know what voltage these things are considered to be fully discharged at, so I can calculate my runtimes accordingly.
Jul 21, 2015, 12:40 AM
Quote:
I still need to know what voltage these things are considered to be fully discharged at, so I can calculate my runtimes accordingly.
My understanding is they are no different than a standard lipo with the exception of the higher fully charged voltage. The 4.35 5900 6s packs I recently received and tested seem to confirm this. When charged to 4.35 and discharged in flight to 3.8 they yeilded the same flight time as a standard 4.20 5500 6s pack but with better peformance in the model.
Jul 21, 2015, 12:53 PM
OK, I have a question for Revo John_
WHEN are we going to get some jet type packs? I am loving my HV Revos, but I need packs for my large EDF planes . I just ordered some Dinogy packs as REVO does not make any. I know it would be a smaller market segment, but I would LOVE to have an assortment of 6000 to 7700 mAh 4S packs. Also in 2S for my 10S set ups. How about it??
Jul 21, 2015, 05:30 PM
Michael
Sorry, John, I was musing about whether using Blend 4.20 STORAGE preset (PL8/DPL8) was acceptable for Blend 4.27 and Blend 4.35 LiPos.

I purchased, and am quite pleased with my 4.27 packs, but the FMA HV presets appear to be for charging; so I assumed that the regular 4.20 STORAGE preset would suffice. Is that acceptable (that's my question)?

So, if no change to that procedure, then all is well, but if you recommend a different setting (as Greg indicated could be done), then I would follow your recommendation and create Blend 4.27 Storage and 4.35 Storage presets.

Incidentally, I reported, somewhere, that the 4.27 packs have individual cell IRs less than 1 mohm as measured by a Wayne Giles ESR meter; quite impressive, and flight observable as I get similar run-times with a smaller capacity LiPo.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVOJohn
Mike
I don;t understand your question here?
Jul 21, 2015, 06:24 PM
Revolectrix Ambassador
Quote:
In the CCS, load the HV Presets then check the fuel table.

20%
LiPo 3.747v
Blend427 3.763v
Blend435 3.779v
Jul 21, 2015, 06:27 PM
Revolectrix Ambassador
Quote:
So, if no change to that procedure, then all is well, but if you recommend a different setting (as Greg indicated could be done), then I would follow your recommendation and create Blend 4.27 Storage and 4.35 Storage presets.
Just to be clear, storage voltage is range and not a hard number. However, if you want to adjust the voltage it can be done. But its not a requirement.
Aug 03, 2015, 03:27 PM
I'm confused about which 6S packs can ship from Singapore to the U.S.

It seems a split 3S pack can get by whatever regulations are limiting the shipment of packs to the U.S but I can't tell which ones these are;

Blend Platinum, Black label, Silver label, 427, 435....LiHV packs...

Exactly which 6S packs are available to U.S. customers, shipping from the Singapore store and, is the U. S. store ever going to stock batteries??
Aug 03, 2015, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj.Duty

It seems a split 3S pack can get by whatever regulations are limiting the shipment of packs to the U.S but I can't tell which ones these are;

Exactly which 6S packs are available to U.S. customers, shipping from the Singapore store and, is the U. S. store ever going to stock batteries??
I bought the 435 blend 6S 4600 mah.
Aug 03, 2015, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj.Duty

Hi

All our packs on the website are shippable to USA preferred with Fedex.
The packs over 100Whr will be a SPLIT pack design......eg SILVER Label 5500 6S
Aug 04, 2015, 03:41 PM
Great. So I'll just order what I want and they will be split packs if need be? Thank you for the replies
Aug 04, 2015, 06:15 PM
yes they will be SPLITs
Aug 30, 2015, 08:48 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Had a flight with a blend 4.35 3200 6s here. I noticed an anomaly. Cell 1 was 4.09 while cells 2 through 6 were at 4.35 at end-of-charge. This pack has five cycles on it.

Maybe it's just how it is when new?