Revolectrix "HV" LiPos - Page 4 - RC Groups
Jun 24, 2015, 11:03 AM
Hamburger
Anyone got experience with HV lipos in speed helis, please?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 24, 2015, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo
RevoJohn,

You mention that we can have more cycles charging 435 with 4.2V, what will last longer a 420 or a 435 being charged as 420 (4.20V)? i see that in the Revo site we have indication that 435 will last minimum 150 cycles, how many cycles will a 420 last?

Regards
Ronaldo
loaded question. A battery guy will ask you...............what ytou doing with the battery?
Whats the ambient, what the power, whats the low V cut off?
So many parameters to juggle.

Anyway you'll get longer cycle life if you charge less that the rated charge V, This is how Hybrid vehicles manage their battery packs..

All powerlabs have a long life charge function for exactly this reason
Jun 24, 2015, 04:16 PM
Michael

+1

I have some LiPos that are at least five years old and still have low IRs across the cells; weekly usage, often daily.

As REVOJohn indicated, I only charge them to 4.10 volts and never discharge below about 30%. I do give up some flight time, but the balance charge takes a shorter amount of time.

Next Tuesday I will be receiving my first Blend 427 packs and will, again, be conservative in LiPo treatment.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVOJohn
loaded question. A battery guy will ask you...............what ytou doing with the battery?
Whats the ambient, what the power, whats the low V cut off?
So many parameters to juggle.

Anyway you'll get longer cycle life if you charge less that the rated charge V, This is how Hybrid vehicles manage their battery packs..

All powerlabs have a long life charge function for exactly this reason
Jun 24, 2015, 11:36 PM
RevoJohn,

I am very conservative with my batteries, and I try to follow the recommendation, mainly the set that I would like to replace is a 2100ma 3s with current draw around 35A to 45A maximum, i usually set my timer in a way I have around 20% of the capacity left, and usually I can monitor the IR with the PL6.
The batteries that i am thinking about to replace has around 3 years, they are not really too bad but the capacity left is about 1900ma, I was thinking about trying your packs and i would like to go with the one that would give me more cycles.

Regards
Ronaldo
Jul 09, 2015, 08:38 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Any word on when the blend427 3600mah 6s packs will be back in stock? got an airshow coming up in august and I don't want to be a noshow.
Jul 10, 2015, 05:26 AM
Hamburger
How much of the nominal capacity do we loose when charging the blend435 to 4.3volt only, please? The older iChargers seem only capable 4.3volts max.

I saw Hyperion G6 HV claim something like min8mal single digit percentage loss of nominal capacity for those last 0.05volts. True for the revoblend435?
Thank you.
Jul 12, 2015, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin
Any word on when the blend427 3600mah 6s packs will be back in stock? got an airshow coming up in august and I don't want to be a noshow.
Sorry man they sold out so fast......................4 weeks~
Jul 12, 2015, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburger
How much of the nominal capacity do we loose when charging the blend435 to 4.3volt only, please? The older iChargers seem only capable 4.3volts max.

I saw Hyperion G6 HV claim something like min8mal single digit percentage loss of nominal capacity for those last 0.05volts. True for the revoblend435?
Thank you.
For every 0.05V = 5% or there abouts. of course depending on your charger accuracy oo
Jul 12, 2015, 08:41 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVOJohn
Sorry man they sold out so fast......................4 weeks~
wow. that's pretty awesome.

In the meantime, I'll be trying out one of your 6s 4.35 3200 packs.
Jul 14, 2015, 09:27 PM
I just received several 435 5900mah 4s and 6s packs. Very nice, cant wit to try them out. Question however I am using a Hyperion 720DUO3 charger I just updated with new firmware that has a new HILV mode. Hyperion as many may know just jumped into the 4.35 game. I did notice the default TVC on the new mode was a little less tha 4.35. I bumped it up to 4.35 exactly. Will this be suitable for charging my new Revo 4.35 packs? Want to make sure im not missing something here.
Jul 15, 2015, 06:54 AM
I must have gotten my first ones at an intro price. The same packs are now about $30 higher than I paid. :-(
Last edited by hbollier; Jul 16, 2015 at 06:53 AM.
Jul 16, 2015, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodi11
I just received several 435 5900mah 4s and 6s packs. Very nice, cant wit to try them out. Question however I am using a Hyperion 720DUO3 charger I just updated with new firmware that has a new HILV mode. Hyperion as many may know just jumped into the 4.35 game. I did notice the default TVC on the new mode was a little less tha 4.35. I bumped it up to 4.35 exactly. Will this be suitable for charging my new Revo 4.35 packs? Want to make sure im not missing something here.
I noticed the same thing with my Hyperion 730. The HVLi mode was preset to 4.325V. I'm guessing its in the interest of making the packs last longer. If you don't need every last mAh charging to a slightly lower voltage will give longer pack life.

For my HV packs I'm generally not charging past 4.3V. I've also been under charging my standard packs to 4.15 for the same reason.
Jul 16, 2015, 10:01 PM
I have been using maxamps (please try not to flame me), gensace, and some eflite. The maxamps in particular I abuse the hell out of. Charge them to 4.2 run them down to 3.7 in planes. All the way down to 3.4 in cars and trucks. Sometimes in the summer flying in an edf they come down at 140 degrees like a hot potato. I throw them in the fridge at the club shed for 10 min then charge back up still hot. Hundreds of cycles no issue, no puffing. Still as hard as the day I bought them. As long as you dont go under 3.0 resting voltage lipos are a lot more resilent than they get credit for. My new Revos I will charge to the full 3.5 and let them rip :-)

Im really interested to see if I get more or less flight times from the 6s 4.35 5900mah than the 6s 4.20 5450mah lipos I have been using.
Last edited by Bhodi11; Jul 16, 2015 at 10:06 PM.
Jul 16, 2015, 11:32 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Oh that's okay bhodi. I used to use maxamps aswell. super happy with the packs I got but I distanced myself from their products when they went C crazy.
Jul 20, 2015, 05:22 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
I just got my 4.35v 6s pack. the weights on the site match the weight I got when I put it on the scale (600g cap, 0.5g increments). And I see they printed my name on the label. That's pretty dang cool.

question though... what's a good storage voltage for these? and what voltage are these considered "flat" at?
Last edited by Sabin; Jul 20, 2015 at 07:15 PM.