Revolectrix "HV" LiPos - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jan 01, 2015, 07:47 PM
yes we're already about the release the HV settings for all the PowerLabs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but on the battery side of your comment...............please don't compare Panasonic/Samsung to RC Hobby lipo factories. Even Panasonic can't get consistant capacity from their 435HV cells without cathode material cracking under 1C rates. I know this as I work with them on a million pieces order now from their Shanghai facility.
On a safety clause most LiPO cells should be able to charge to 4.8V without blowing.....BUT......if there is an internal impurity in the cell it may blow up at a lower voltage.
Guys like ATL in China are working on 4.60V now for the likes of iPhone and Samsung but for super high rate RC 60C applications...............I'd pull back the charging V if I were you on RC cells mainly for safety reasons related to the purity of manufacturing, not the specific safety limits itself.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2015, 04:25 PM
Thanks for reply, and I can agree with you. I was just talked about industrial grade cells because I am "not standard" user of Powerlabs. In our applications there is in the first place specific energy of batteries and 1C rate is "goddamned current" in here. So, we do not use Li-Pos, because their specific energy is poor when compared to the modern 18650 NCA chemistry cells. Yes, Panasonic makes industrial HV cells too, but these are not the best from their product range. They can do better job with "standard" 4,2V cells with higher capacity. But the new LG and Samsung cells are now 4,35V only.
Jan 04, 2015, 07:29 PM
Yah think back to the last cell phone you bought and how happy you initially were with the battery play time................few months later and you can;t even get a full day. Battery decay is very fast in comparison to 420s
Jan 05, 2015, 08:50 AM
In fact I hate my new Samsung from the first day I got it.
Jan 06, 2015, 02:00 AM
SONY for me. Very happy
Jan 16, 2015, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVOJohn
she'll be on the way soon buddy.....................
Today I received the newsletter about Lipo HV profiles on powerlab 6/8.

When it'll be released to cellpro 10xp?
Jan 17, 2015, 01:42 AM
Quest for Speed!!!
what about guys who are using the old cellpro 10s...will we get an update?
Jan 18, 2015, 02:40 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Hi:

As John mentioned in previous post, support for LiHV chemistry is currently in the works for CP10XP. I'm hopeful we can make it available within 2-4 weeks from now.

As for the original CP10S supporting LiHV, sorry, but we do not have plans to update the CCS or firmware for that discontinued model.
Feb 23, 2015, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Marks
Hi:

As John mentioned in previous post, support for LiHV chemistry is currently in the works for CP10XP. I'm hopeful we can make it available within 2-4 weeks from now.

As for the original CP10S supporting LiHV, sorry, but we do not have plans to update the CCS or firmware for that discontinued model.
5 weeks later and no updates.

How much time we will need to wait?
Feb 25, 2015, 01:36 PM
REVOJohn

Can you confirm the weight of the Blend 435 30C 5s 5900 lipo? The Revoblend site lists them at 622g and the Singapore store lists them at 650g.
Feb 25, 2015, 04:59 PM
yah 5S pack would be ~ 645 on the 30C model Blend435
Mar 23, 2015, 03:54 PM
OK, so I upgraded the firmware on my PL8 to v. 3.32. When I go through the screens, I do not see any new screens for HV batteries. So, how do I actually use the PL8 for HV batteries? I did order a couple of HV's which should be here in a few days, and I would like to understand how to properly charge them. Sorry to be so dense, but I need help on this one. Oh, and I want to charge them at the field without a PC/CCG software- using the PL8 only. Thanks a lot
Mar 23, 2015, 04:07 PM
Revolectrix Ambassador
You have to load the new presets from the CCS with a PC attached. Once loaded, you can use them at the field without a PC connected. In the CCS, with an open preset select, go to the file menu and select FMA default presets. Then select Open File to Preset #. The new presets are in the LiHv folder.
Mar 23, 2015, 04:30 PM
Hey, Gregor99-- THANKS A LOT!!! With your help it was straightforward. Now when I run through the presets, it shows HVBlend435 as an available preset.
Got to love RC Groups. All the folks who are able and willing to help makes life easier for dumb people like me. Appreciate it. Now I can charge my batts to fly in my Freewing F-16 this weekend. I am hoping that the extra uumpph will get it off the grass quicker.
Mar 23, 2015, 04:38 PM
Hey, another question for the group- maybe Gregor can answer this one as well. As I look at this new HV battery deal, I am gaining over a cell basically going with these batteries. Tell me if I am incorrect here;
Standard 4S battery = 3.7 x 4 = 14.8 volts
HV battery = 4.35 x 4 = 17.4 volts
17.4 - 14.8 = 2.6 volts
2.6/3.7 = 0.7
So, in my feeble mind, I am gaining the equivalent of 70 per cent of an additional cell.
Accordingly, if I run 2 cells in series for 8S, I would be gaining and additional 1.4 cell equivalents. Is this thinking correct? Almost getting something for nothing as the HV cells quoted weight would be the same in an 8S setup as the single nanotech 8S I am now running ( less connector). Sounds too good to be true, but I can see that a change in battery chemistry might allow this to be reality.
Inquiring minds want to know !!