This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 18, 2014, 06:31 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

lil radian‏

just when i thought that i was going to be away, they released the lil radian, an ultra micro that has been an instant hit, and me being an enthusiast of micros i had to have 1. i decided to 'canadice' it, removing the decals that come with it and sticking some maple leaves instead.
so here you have the canadian version.
this is the forum where it is being discussed: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2089760
details on the hatch: i just couldn't live having that large opening not only allowing dirt and water into the batt, but creating so much drag and turbulence, so got to think of an easy way to solve the puzzle. i fly at a field that is covered with wet grass, so it makes this mandatory for me.
i made a cover from clear plastic, just as i did to the large radian-and that has been working fine, by the way.
i had handy a piece of clear plastic of .016" (anything around that size seems fine), so i cut a rectangle of 3/4" x 1-1/8" and bent to fit. how well fits depends on your patience, so it's up to you. i bent the front edge inside so it does not scoop dirt if dragging at landing.
it is attached to 1 side with clear tape that acts as a hinge, and holds at the other side with clear tape too, that has a fold at the end so it is easy to lift to replace the batt , and adds only about 1 gram.
Last edited by phil alvirez; May 29, 2014 at 09:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply