May 18, 2014, 10:12 AM
Will work with cc3d and flip 1.5 I have a cc3d on mines. It's my favorite mini also. Easy to build and simple in design.
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2014, 10:37 AM
You can jam in 6 inch props now..... But with less than 1mm clearance, not a good idea.

Long arms are in the mail. I expected to have them available already, just waiting on USPS.

As for the cc3d, its designed for the cc3d. 😀
May 18, 2014, 10:44 AM
I smashed mine into a tree today at full throttle. I still suck at FPV.

Broke a few screws and props, but it was ready to fly again in a few minutes. Unfortunately, I found a ball of solder trapped under one ESC, which made contact in the crash, and shorted out the ESC and ended my day. I'll post the video asap. I shouldn't run naked escs. Lol

Lesson learned for me is that I need to make sure that crash kits are available for customers to have on hand.
May 18, 2014, 12:04 PM
Awesome, I'm ordering one for sure when you get the long arms. When do you think you will have black available? Also, what kind of flight times are you guys getting with your fpv gear?
May 18, 2014, 12:09 PM
I get 6 minutes with a 1300 3s lipo and full gear with a fpv cam and a mobius and still have about 30 seconds for any unexpected circumstances during landing.. I prefer the shorter flight times in exchange for performance. And after 6 minutes I want to start doing dumb things I shouldn't do. It can carry a 2200 lipo and you are looking at around 11 minutes or so depending on your motor choice.
May 18, 2014, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colvin View Post
Awesome, I'm ordering one for sure when you get the long arms. When do you think you will have black available? Also, what kind of flight times are you guys getting with your fpv gear?
My plan is for the next batch to be black. It'll be 3 to 4 weeks though. My flight times are 8 to 9minutes.
May 18, 2014, 02:04 PM
On board Crash video. Always good for a laugh. Lol

BPQ250 Crash into tree Part 1 (9 min 6 sec)
May 18, 2014, 08:18 PM
Replaced the screws after the crash and everything looked good.

But I lost an ESC. *sigh*

When I pulled the ESC off it's sticky tape, I found a ball of solder embedded in the tape.
That's not good.

I think when it crashed, that solder made contact and shorted out the ESC. I never got the ESC to run again and had to replace it when I got home.

Point of the video is that the frame actually took no damage. Just replace the break away screws and go fly again. Oh, and dont run naked ESC's. LOL

BPQ250 Crash Result Part 2 (6 min 20 sec)
May 19, 2014, 04:58 PM
Frames are in stock.
Long Arms are in stock.
Crash Kits are in stock.
Got one kit left at $29.99.

http://bpmultirotors.com
May 19, 2014, 08:32 PM
Just another day in the park, having some fun with the bpq250 till i hit the tree lol, 3 of the rubber isolators popped off the screw, just popped them back in and kept flying, but mobius ran out of battery. sorry. Enjoy
Terrain masking (2 min 21 sec)
May 19, 2014, 11:02 PM
The BPQ250 built up as a Mini H-Quad, Gecko Reptile, and an Acro X without the top.

The Gecko and X use the optional longer arms.
May 20, 2014, 06:02 AM
Multirotor Promotor
Nice, do you ever plan to incorporate 45mm FC mounting holes via the KK2.0
May 20, 2014, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondM View Post
Nice, do you ever plan to incorporate 45mm FC mounting holes via the KK2.0
To support the KK2 "directly", the whole frame would have to be redesigned since everything performs double or triple duty. The same screws that secure the flight controller also help hold the arms, and they hold vibration isolators, and they are also shear points in a bad crash.

While it would be possible to have designed it to include the 45mm boards, it would be much larger, and there would be holes next to holes and assembly for the novice would be very confusing, and the geometry would change because the aforementioned reasons. I wanted it to be as simple and elegant as possible.

I choose 30mm hole spacing because all the new 32 bit Flight Controllers are using that format, with the exception of the auto pilots like pix hawk. But this is a racer, not a UAV.

With that said, you can of course secure your KK2 in another fashion than I designed.

I don't know if this helps, but I took pictures of my KK1, IOI and Flip and tossed in a ruler and pen to show scale. You can see how huge the 45mm KK board is compared to the Quad.

I know a lot of people love their KK2, but this frame is so cheap, that with the money you save, you could afford a more modern flight controller like a Naze32, Flip or CC3D that fits better.

So sorry to say, but the answer is: "No, not directly", but we are hobbyist and creative. I can't believe some of the things I've seen people fly, so... where there's a will there's a way. I don't doubt that somebody will flip the frame over, strap on a massive Pix Hawk and big props and fly long autonomous flights. Anything is possible.
Last edited by cyberbillp; May 20, 2014 at 09:31 AM.
May 20, 2014, 11:54 AM
Multirotor Promotor
I see your point, thanks for the explanation, great frame btw
May 20, 2014, 07:54 PM
just flew it today, im having a blast with it, fly it almost every day, had bout 15 kt winds today was nuts, but had a blast, its also a good quad to use for knocking down branches, just watch, lol enjoy.
FPV proximity flying in the park (5 min 46 sec)