BPQ270 Folding Mini HQuad - Page 11 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 31, 2014, 06:19 AM

How to use one FPV pod on two quads.

How to move the FPV section from one frame to another. Also, the quick and dirty way to fold up the bpq250.

BPQ250 Presto Chango:
BPQ250 Presto Chango (8 min 14 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2014, 11:17 AM
Fly Low Fly Fast
Quote:
I have been running the MT1806 motors on 4S with HQ 5030 props and EMAX 12A ESCs. Makes about 560 grams of thrust pulling 11.5A at wide open throttle. The HQ 5030 is the least aggressive prop I have in my collection, even over GemFan 5030s, and it puts it right up to the limits.
From https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2166720 and the diatone250 thread.
Jul 31, 2014, 12:31 PM
I just got back from lunch at the park with the BPQ running the 1806's. I'm using 5040 props and the Naze flight controller and a 1300Mah battery. This is an excellent flyer. Flight time was long enough, that I kept flying near me to listen for the alarm, and finally I just landed thinking the alarm must be broke. But nope, still had juice.

Flying through the air, fpv, battery included it's 474g.
Aug 03, 2014, 11:16 AM
Got the cc3d working. Turns out it was a bad ESC. No matter how many times it was calibrated, it was off by about 30%.

With a good ESC;
I put Navihawks pids in, and it flew like a dream!
Aug 03, 2014, 11:23 AM
Right now, my favorite config is the emax 1806, with 12a emax simonk. This morning it was using the naze32 Acro. But..... The cc3d might be my new favorite flight controller.
Aug 05, 2014, 08:01 AM
What do you like about the CC3D over the Naze32? I have both, undecided. I do like the CC3D's idea of a cruise control.
Aug 05, 2014, 08:25 AM
Oh my.

The Naze32 was definitely easier to install. But I think the Open Pilot Ground Station is nicer. It's really hard to choose one or the other. I used Navihawks PIDS, and the CC3D is probably flying a bit better, but if I tune the Naze32 (still on defaults) it'll probably fly just as well. The Naze32 Acro is much cheaper unless you get a CC3D clone, then they are about the same.

Tough call. I almost want to say Naze32 if I were recommending a new person looking to get started. But I like the txpid feature on CC3D. I get more of a feeling of options and maturity from Openpilot. But it doesn't really have to do with how they fly. Both fly great.
Aug 05, 2014, 08:30 AM
I have the same impressions as you. TxPid is great. The OpenPilot software is great, software for the Naze isn't bad. The thing that makes me stick with the Naze is that I fly FrSky equipment. I can simply tap into the BAT +/- pins on the Naze, and the Telemetry pins on the Naze go directly to my DR4-II RX. On my Taranis, I then see my motor battery voltage. I even have the Taranis setup to give me voice prompts, when I hit 11.0 it calls out "11 volts", when I hit 10.8 it says "Battery Low, LAND, LAND, LAND"

I wish the CC3D had battery monitoring and FrSky telemetry support.
Aug 05, 2014, 08:42 AM
Fly Low Fly Fast
Any caveats I should consider when looking at the AfroMini32? Seems to be all the goodness of naze32, but half the size.
Aug 05, 2014, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefte
Any caveats I should consider when looking at the AfroMini32? Seems to be all the goodness of naze32, but half the size.
Yea. you'll have to find a 3v USB cable somewhere.

Mounting might be trick.
Aug 05, 2014, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcowgar
I have the same impressions as you. TxPid is great. The OpenPilot software is great, software for the Naze isn't bad. The thing that makes me stick with the Naze is that I fly FrSky equipment. I can simply tap into the BAT +/- pins on the Naze, and the Telemetry pins on the Naze go directly to my DR4-II RX. On my Taranis, I then see my motor battery voltage. I even have the Taranis setup to give me voice prompts, when I hit 11.0 it calls out "11 volts", when I hit 10.8 it says "Battery Low, LAND, LAND, LAND"

I wish the CC3D had battery monitoring and FrSky telemetry support.
Yea, voltage is becoming a problem for me. I can't hear my beeper any more.
A few solutions I'm considering are:

My Devo 10 supports telemetry and I could try to figure out a setup like you have were the tx warns you. This might be possible using a Devo RX.

I got two OSD's laying around.... Maybe hook one up and get it that way. I have the voltage sensor too.

Install a microphone on the quad and listen over the video link as I fly.

Or place a battery monitor in view of the video camera.

I'm kinda leaning towards the OSD. It should work on the Naze. Not sure about the CC3D.
Aug 05, 2014, 03:50 PM
New Web Site is online.
Thanks for everyone's help.

I immortalized Jeremy's and Abel's quad as BPQ examples.
Thanks guys!

http://bpmultirotors.com
Aug 10, 2014, 04:12 PM
Getting better at FPV. Good googles made a big difference.

Getting better at flying through trees. (7 min 46 sec)
Aug 11, 2014, 02:29 PM
Fly Low Fly Fast
Nice video!

http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Cab...BTTLSerial.htm 3v usb
Aug 11, 2014, 02:34 PM
That's your car isn't it? lol

I bet that's the 3.3v cable for the Afro Mini eh?