Phoenix Model® Tiger 3 GP/EP ARF - RC Groups
Apr 17, 2014, 06:00 PM
New Product

Phoenix Model® Tiger 3 GP/EP ARF

here a new plane and it looks pretty nice to.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEBHM&P=0
Last edited by scottc39; Sep 01, 2014 at 03:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2014, 01:54 AM
Classic flyer for the budget. I like the Phoenix planes. I hope the Scanner is next to be revived.
May 21, 2014, 09:59 AM
dbc
dbc
Tower shows conflicting info on the wing span of this plane. Either 59.5" or 63".

It looks like the wings are joined and bolt on underneath the fuse. This is unlike the Sonic (and several other Phoenix models) where the wings attach to the fuse sides with nylon thumbscrews.
May 21, 2014, 11:19 AM
that could be a craper for me on the wing span as I was only seeing the info on the Phoenix page as 59.5 and that's what made me want it, we will have to see then, all the data was not on the tower site till a few days ago then either. not sure when I will start the build together tho, busy with life.
Last edited by scottc39; May 21, 2014 at 11:25 AM.
May 21, 2014, 12:02 PM
Duck and Cover
I just got off the phone with Tower and they pulled the manual from the box and it states 60". I believe this is a new model and the specs listed are old.
May 21, 2014, 12:05 PM
dbc
dbc
I was surprised to see that Tower is recommending a 46 size motor. That seems awfully big for sport performance in this sized plane. Maybe, like the Sonic, it tends to be tail heavy and needs the added weight?

Whatever the reason, it should be plenty strong with a 46!
May 21, 2014, 12:25 PM
funny iam on hold with tower now trying to get the same info, we will see what the tech says on more then 1 call about the same plane. funny
May 21, 2014, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaton
I just got off the phone with Tower and they pulled the manual from the box and it states 60". I believe this is a new model and the specs listed are old.

double confirmed on 60" wing span.
May 22, 2014, 09:58 AM
dbc
dbc
Mine's scheduled for delivery Tuesday. I'll post some pics when it arrives. Anyone got their's yet?
May 22, 2014, 02:40 PM
Mine's scheduled for delivery Friday the 23rd, I just live closer
May 22, 2014, 03:41 PM
Duck and Cover
Yep, Tuesday. I notice Tower updated the specs to 59.5" for wings.....
May 22, 2014, 04:00 PM
Duck and Cover
On further inspection, ignore the specs. They only updated the wingspan. All other data is old stuff. Length, wing area, weight is all for larger model...
May 25, 2014, 08:24 AM
dbc
dbc
Hey Scott: did your's arrive as scheduled? How does it look?
May 25, 2014, 09:05 AM
DBC arrived as scheduled. the looks of the plane are nice and strong feel as well, as iam putting things on and together it makes me think of a larger eflight advance 25, many folks wanted a larger advance and I think this is it, letting some glue dry now for the steer block but have wings done, servos in the wings, rudder and elevator done, the electric motor mount is very well built to, its a secondary fire wall then you mount the motor, recommend motor is the rim fire 46, just wont pay that much for that motor its 10.00 more then the plane, hinges are pre glued, steering block pre mounted, elevator is a dual rod setup like the tacono is, not sure what motor I want to use yet tho, I have a NTM 42-48 650 kv on the way, also have a 660 kv SK turnigy motor to, looking at 5 cell power to.
May 25, 2014, 11:18 AM
dbc
dbc
Sounds good, Scott. I'm really liking my Phoenix Sonic and it looks like this will be a nice step up. A little larger and nicer detailing.

There are lots of good motor choices - plenty of good ones that are less expensive than the RimFires, too. I've got a couple of Rimfires and they are very nice, but I think you can come real close to matching their performance for less money.

Let us know how the assembly goes - and post some pics if you can.

Dave